corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finding the owner of a numberplate

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finding the owner of a numberplate
Bissmire

User status: Offline
21st Jul 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, but I would have no problem taking their details, and contacting them if i was interested in selling.
Robbo

21st Jul 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
If you had a private number plate would you really want the DVLA giving out your number and address so people can ask if your selling it?
Glad to see someone has an ounce of sense

If I ever got any contatc from someone enquiring about a number plate etc I'd be straight on the 'phone to the DVLA to find out who has accessed my details and look to press charges

Absolute abuse of personal data

That said, if anyone knows who has R7 BBO then do let me know
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
If you had a private number plate would you really want the DVLA giving out your number and address so people can ask if your selling it?
Glad to see someone has an ounce of sense

If I ever got any contatc from someone enquiring about a number plate etc I'd be straight on the 'phone to the DVLA to find out who has accessed my details and look to press charges

Absolute abuse of personal data

That said, if anyone knows who has R7 BBO then do let me know

I agree with that, but surely it's common sense that they would contact the owners of the plate first, to see if they are interested in selling up? I don't think anyone is expecting to ring DVLA, and be presented with full names, address and phone numbers...
Robbo

21st Jul 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if someone wa sinterested in selling it then it would be for sale with one fo the millions of car number plate sales agencies....
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they had planned to sell, yes. People often buy cars/bikes/houses etc that are not up for sale, because they have asked the onwer if they would sell. Everything has its price
P1CK4D

21st Jul 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
Everything has its price

And when they have decided to sell, for the price they want, it will be up for sale. Until then. No.

Its like someone giving out your address details because you want to know where they got their front door from. Fucking ludacris.

Its a PERSONALised plate for a reason.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only skimmed this thread, but wouldnt the dvla contact the person for you? I can't see them just handing over details so you can do it yourself.
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Everything has its price

And when they have decided to sell, for the price they want, it will be up for sale. Until then. No.

Its like someone giving out your address details because you want to know where they got their front door from. Fucking ludacris.

Its a PERSONALised plate for a reason.

Have you read anything I've typed? I said I would have no problem if the DVLA contacted me and said there was somebody intersted in buying my numebr plate. Either a polite yes or no should suffice. Unless this would anger you? I see no reason why this is 'Fuckin ludacris'.
P1CK4D

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I've only skimmed this thread, but wouldnt the dvla contact the person for you?

Why would they? How many time wasters would ring up for a plate for a sake of it. Would end up havign to start up a whole new department and probably put car tax up to cover just this. Another silly comment.
Bissmire

quote:
I've only skimmed this thread, but wouldnt the dvla contact the person for you? I can't see them just handing over details so you can do it yourself.

My point exactly.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Why would they? How many time wasters would ring up for a plate for a sake of it. Would end up havign to start up a whole new department and probably put car tax up to cover just this. Another silly comment.

Time of the month? They sell reg plates, so I assumed they'd have a department for that.
CORSA NUT

21st Jul 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy close to us has B3RTY My nickname since school.Said someone offered him 8K for it and he told them were to go

He's an old ex copper though and a twat
P1CK4D

21st Jul 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Have you read anything I've typed? I said I would have no problem if the DVLA contacted me and said there was somebody intersted in buying my numebr plate. Either a polite yes or no should suffice. Unless this would anger you? I see no reason why this is 'Fuckin ludacris'.

You think you would only have one phone call and that would be the end of it? Obviously, if you actually liked the plate, you would want to keep it. The type of person ringing would be someone willing to offer you £50, not the amount you'd actually want if you wanted to keep the plate.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Guy close to us has B3RTY My nickname since school.Said someone offered him 8K for it and he told them were to go

ex Copper = pension = doesnt need the money.

I reckon
P1CK4D

21st Jul 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Time of the month? They sell reg plates, so I assumed they'd have a department for that.

Oh come on. Work it out. If the owner is willing to sell, it wil be for sale. If not, why chase people to sell?
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know the type of person ringing would be offering £50? I am trying to contact the owner of a plate, and I'm willing to offer a hell of a lot more than £50.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've sold stuff that hasnt been for sale before. Not really sure how you don't get this does happen in life
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How do you know the type of person ringing would be offering £50? I am trying to contact the owner of a plate, and I'm willing to offer a hell of a lot more than £50.

I see his point, but it's not applicable to every person. So not sure why he keeps going on about it.
P1CK4D

21st Jul 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've sold stuff that hasnt been for sale before. Not really sure how you don't get this does happen in life

And how did you contact the person who was selling the items.
CORSA NUT

21st Jul 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

ex Copper = pension = doesnt need the money.

I reckon

Exactly mate...lives in a mint house too
flybikeslee

21st Jul 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

read again retard
P1CK4D

21st Jul 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
quote:
quote:

read again retard

Ok, how did the person contact you then ffs.
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, i see you are not going to agree with anyone else, and that your assumptions are spot on. Now, lets say somebody buys a car with a personal plate already on, and had no idea of its value. If the DVLA were to contact them and say they have been offered a sum of money for it, would this be OK?

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by Bissmire]
P1CK4D

21st Jul 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Now, lets say somebody buys a car with a personal plate already on, and had no idea of its value. If the DVLA were to contact them and say they have been offered a sum of money for it, would this be OK?

No. There is no way of telling if the person with the plate actually wants to sell or not without them physically putting it up for sale. So again, giving my personal details out would piss me off yes.
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Now, lets say somebody buys a car with a personal plate already on, and had no idea of its value. If the DVLA were to contact them and say they have been offered a sum of money for it, would this be OK?

No. There is no way of telling if the person with the plate actually wants to sell or not without them physically putting it up for sale. So again, giving my personal details out would piss me off yes.

Are you being serious? Really? At what point have the 'personal details' been given out?

THE DVLA WILL CONTACT THE OWNERS!

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by Bissmire]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finding the owner of a numberplate 22 database queries in 0.1014850 seconds