corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who still lives at home?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who still lives at home?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
26th Jul 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the worst is going to be bumping into someone from school.

Some ballbag who lives in london, rents a flat, has a kid and a wife. He'll have no money and be up to his eye balls in debt, but I'll look fairly pathetic saying 'I still live at home with my parents'.

Who am I kidding, I'd just lie and say I've bought this house.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26280694.html?premiumA=true
Recaro1

26th Jul 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt move out till i was 26. Stayed at home for as long as possible because basically I was saving alot, my parents were cool, washing and cooking was done for me. It was also 5 mins from work and close to mates.

I ended up buying a house and still lived at home for another 6 months while i did the place up. I would have stayed longer but I realised i didnt want to be over 25 and living at home (took me a year to buy a house as 4 fell through due to the chain)

I couldnt go back to living with them, not now. But if its to save money and in a massive house then you'll be fine.

I dont think you'll be too settled. Everyone i know who has moved out, then gone back to their parents has been eager to move back out.
pow
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live at home still, I'm 21.

I'm planning to start saving soon though to get me a house deposit up...
Paul_J

26th Jul 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other way I see it is, I'm more likely to make money if I have money. Through potential business ventures / trading / software start ups etc.

Therefore the short term at home saving money to get myself financially comfortable for a while - may help kick start me earning some serious money.
Ian W

26th Jul 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't live at home but with everyone saying you want to buy - sometimes you got to give up on a dream, things are not going to get any cheaper.

I tried getting a deposit for years and still couldn't get anywhere decent on my own and eventually decided to just rent a nice flat.

Best thing I ever did

Sorry - not trying to put a downer on it but people rent for a reason
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

27 and live in a place I call home. I don't live with my parents though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
A2H GO

26th Jul 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moved out a year ago at 23 to a new build two bed semi. Its expensive but worth it. Only thing i regret is not saving more than a 20% deposit before buying at its impossible to save now.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by A2H GO]
Toby
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 21 and owned my house for just over a year. Although great at my parents awesome to have my own place
SportBoy

26th Jul 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 27 and still at home .. been saving for a couple of years with the missus for a mortgage . hopefully to move out this year or end of it.
Paul_J

26th Jul 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is true Ian and it's currently fairly uncertain times - house prices may drop again if a double dip recession occurs.

That said, commodities such as gold / housing etc is more likely to track at a decent rate and stay relevant to the future world than just cash in your hand.

e.g. if you had say £50,000. At current interest rates you'd earn next to nothing on it, even if inflation and bank rates go up and you start getting 2.5% on the money you're still not earning a lot say over 10 years.

£65,000 after 10 years @ 2.5% neglecting the enevitable tax you'd receive on it.

So 15k gain.

But house prices in that time may have raised 50% meaning your money has returned more.

That said even if house prices went down, because the house prices would be relevant across the market you won't have really lost any money.
nathy_87

26th Jul 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23 and I'm waiting for the missus to ask me to move in with her (she's got her own flat).
Paul_J

26th Jul 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
27 and live in a place I call home. I don't live with my parents though

haha I didn't even notice that!
Paul_J

26th Jul 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
23 and I'm waiting for the missus to ask me to move in with her (she's got her own flat).

How does that work by the way?

It's one thing that does concern me... say I save all this money now, buy my own place / take out a hefty mortgage... Then I meet someone and she wants to move in... Do I tell her to cough up half the mortgage repayments ? or just let it slide?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25 and live in a big old farm with my parents. BOOM!

Seriously Paul who gives a fuck who you bump into to, get your own place because you want to and not because you are bothered about what some guy from school thinks.

If I lived somewhere that sucked, yeah I'd probably would of moved out by now but I'm in a lovely house, not far from work 15ms) or the office (1 minute) and surrounded by sheep.
Butler

26th Jul 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont want to have to move home now ive graduated. Will depend on my work situation come September though I suppose.
Hammer

26th Jul 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25 and I'll be here for a while yet. Not moving in with the bird and I'm not sitting in for 2 years to accrue a house deposit.

Masterplan is to get a gaff within a couple of years and get it rented out whilst I kick back getting my dinners cooked for me and my washing done.
Jules S
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

It's one thing that does concern me... say I save all this money now, buy my own place / take out a hefty mortgage... Then I meet someone and she wants to move in... Do I tell her to cough up half the mortgage repayments ? or just let it slide?

She's your lodger at best
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

Masterplan is to get a gaff within a couple of years and get it rented out whilst I kick back getting my dinners cooked for me and my washing done.

this is getting a lol
AndyKent

26th Jul 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Make sure she pays for her food and enjoy the sex?
Gareth F

26th Jul 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moved in with my mate over a year ago when i was 23, waiting for gf to finish her 3rd year of uni and start her 4th before moving in with each other
Nick-S

26th Jul 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24 and still live at home.

Am quite happy at home even though some people take the piss.

I probly would move out thought if i could aford it and or had a long term g/f to live with.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Nick-S]
nathy_87

26th Jul 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Well, its all paid off by daddy but i've helped her out in so many ways, if we sdplit i wouldnt try and claim half of anything i've already told her this. Oh and as for your question, i'd let it slide IF you can afford to
saj_123

26th Jul 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live at Uni for approximately 8 months of the year and the other for at home with the parents but I am 19.
Demo

26th Jul 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was at home until i was 27 and to be honest i only bought cos i was lucky enough to be helped out with a deposit

however, living with my missus now costs us £550 each a month for what i was paying £100 for at my parents and on top of that i have to do my own bastard washing and cooking

seriously though i wouldnt reccomend anyone to leave home until they can comfortably afford it. i have mates who have moved out but have shit quality of lives and can never spend money on anything other than living costs

fuck that. if youre gonna do it then do it properly imo
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming up to 25, and been living on my own since about 3-4months after my 17th Birthday.

Didn't go to Uni either, so privately rented accomodation throughout my apprenticeship and transition into my full, proper role right up to now.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by djgritt]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who still lives at home? 23 database queries in 0.3178031 seconds