corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Greenpeace closing BP petrol stations

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Greenpeace closing BP petrol stations
Jambo

User status: Offline
28th Jul 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hippies.

Do they know where pile comes from?!
Sunz

28th Jul 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I kind of agree with the Greenpeace people really, all bp care about is how much money they lost and how much this clean up cost will be for the oil spill.

Augustus Kwembe !
Cosmo

28th Jul 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
I kind of agree with the Greenpeace people really, all bp care about is how much money they lost and how much this clean up cost will be for the oil spill.

Thats because they arent a charity.
emicen

28th Jul 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But thats the point, this doesnt affect BP because they dont own the filling stations and the pricing of fuel means they may well make more out of this.

Say you sell 100,000 litres, BP will sell you it at £1 a litre, so their refining & distributing arm gets £100k out of you. You're contracted to do take that much and if you only sell 80,000 litres, you may well be liable to pay £1.10 a litre. So yes, BP lose £12k. Blip to them. The forecourt owners just lost their margin on the fuel and will really feel the pain.

Two brothers who worked at Shell with my dad made a bloody killing making this sort of problem go away for forecourt owners in the 70's/80's.

Greenpeace have set out to hurt BP, they've managed to flick BP's ear but stabbed local retailers in the back.

This whole disaster is nowhere near entirely BP's fault either, but since one of the main contractors involved is the same one who won most of the oil contracts out of Iraq its not surprising their blame has been minimal.
RichR
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hate Greenpeace more than any other chairty/organisation on earth
They're fine ones to speak, spilling diesel in Alaska whilst doing a tank transfer on board one of their ships whilst being pursued by the U.S. coastguard. Then using fairy liquid to try and disperse it before it was seen.

All nicely covered up by the fact that their assets are held by a different fronting company, which Greenpeace "rents" equipment off. That way if there are any issues, the front company gets the blame and the operator, ie Greenpeace can blame poor maintenance by the owner company and walk away with their reputation. But its the same fucking people

They caused me over a year of sleepless nights and bullshit; working away from home 3/4 nights a week for 4 months because they're the biggest bunch of shit cunts

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by LiVe LeE]
Jambo

28th Jul 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a wash and a reality check tbh
Gary
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the comments posted on thier website

'BP Blockade
Normally I will use Shell but from tomorrow until further notice I will use only BP. You tossers.
'

Classic
Dom

28th Jul 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I fucking hate Greenpeace more than any other chairty/organisation on earth
They're fine ones to speak, spilling diesel in Alaska whilst doing a tank transfer on board one of their ships whilst being pursued by the U.S. coastguard. Then using fairy liquid to try and disperse it before it was seen.

All nicely covered up by the fact that their assets are held by a different fronting company, which Greenpeace "rents" equipment off. That way if there are any issues, the front company gets the blame and the operator, ie Greenpeace can blame poor maintenance by the owner company and walk away with their reputation. But its the same fucking people

They caused me over a year of sleepless nights and bullshit; working away from home 3/4 nights a week for 4 months because they're the biggest bunch of shit cunts

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by LiVe LeE]

That the diesel spill in Adak?
RichR
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc yeah; and then throwing fucking fairy liquid on it - very environmentally friendly!
RichR
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Biggest bunch of hypocrites ever!
adiohead

28th Jul 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
iirc yeah; and then throwing fucking fairy liquid on it - very environmentally friendly!

you sure it wasn't Ecover?

ps. Where did you hear this?

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by adiohead]
RichR
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was Tesco's Value tbh; I don't knwo which brand it was, it was generic - as a degreaseing agent, it works to break down the diesel particles which float at 1molecule thickness, hence even 1litre of diesel on top of water can look like an oil slick - imagine 1000s of gallons and then getting the deck hands to throw washing up liquid on it!
Jay

28th Jul 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
Someone should start a "Green peace can get to FUCK" group on facebook, I would but I don't know how to.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-peace-can-get-to-FUCK/113664808685838?ref=ts

Gary
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd join but im not on bookface
Matt H

28th Jul 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
This whole disaster is nowhere near entirely BP's fault either, but since one of the main contractors involved is the same one who won most of the oil contracts out of Iraq its not surprising their blame has been minimal.

Who's that then?
emicen

28th Jul 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:

Who's that then?

Halliburton.

Very big political donor in the US, cleared up on Iraqi contracts, now implicated in this disaster:
http://industry.bnet.com/energy/10004219/gulf-oil-spill-whos-to-blame-bp-halliburton-and-the-feds-are-all-implicated/
stuartmitchell

28th Jul 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Is the forecourt part of business not franchise owned anyway with BP only Skimming a small cut, tiny on the grand scheme of things profit wise??

Yeah mate, only actually make 1p in every litre but that probably adds up a fair bit but it's the food, magazines etc where they make there ££££
stuartmitchell

28th Jul 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:

Who's that then?

Halliburton.

Very big political donor in the US, cleared up on Iraqi contracts, now implicated in this disaster:
http://industry.bnet.com/energy/10004219/gulf-oil-spill-whos-to-blame-bp-halliburton-and-the-feds-are-all-implicated/

To be fair, I would say the spill is more Transoceans fault than anyones (and they have got off very very lightly). The BOP wasn't fit to sit on top of a bottle of fizzy coke never mind a well like this. Transocean employ Subsea Engineers to maintain and service said BOP. If it wasnt fit to be down there they should of retrieved it and started again.

However I do believe that the BP Company Man may of kicked off at this suggstion, probs a week worth of work and £7 Million lost
Matt H

28th Jul 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of Transoceans findings are reported to BP & they ultimately make the decisions

I'd heard some stuff from guys in the region that they'd told them to stop & it had been ignored
stuartmitchell

28th Jul 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard that too mate, apparently the bottles on the BOP are meant to be full with some kind of fluid but were empty. BP Company man was advised they should retrieve the Riser and BOP but as that would take a week and millions of ££££ he ordered them to bash on. Apparently.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Greenpeace closing BP petrol stations 22 database queries in 0.0133789 seconds