corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B Brakes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B Brakes
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
28th Jul 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
To be honest i've found my standard Corsa B brakes fine so far... but thats probably because my brakes on the Ibiza i had before were absolutely shocking! I had to practically get the handbrake lever in the back of the car for it to do anything ha

Yes, you stop with the handbrake afterall.
JonnyJ

28th Jul 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but not my choice, again was done before i got it and they are an arse. They look good but Corsas dont need rear discs. When we get round to it we are going to adjust it so next to fuck all braking goes to the back, or i could just put it back on drums, the rear discs are fucked anyway

not a problem, i love it and its actually very very similar to the Micra colour only slightly darker.
Norcy91

28th Jul 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
To be honest i've found my standard Corsa B brakes fine so far... but thats probably because my brakes on the Ibiza i had before were absolutely shocking! I had to practically get the handbrake lever in the back of the car for it to do anything ha

Well done for trying to make someone look stupid... Do you not park your car on hills with the handbrake on? Or do you often let it roll down them?
AlunJ

28th Jul 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't even get me started on corsa handbrakes had a new cable on mine for MOT and it's not much better than it was before, even after adjusting it
Limecat
Banned

28th Jul 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well done for trying to make someone look stupid... Do you not park your car on hills with the handbrake on? Or do you often let it roll down them?

I don't have to try, this forum has people falling over themselves to look stupid. At the second bit, 2 clicks holds my car on a hill.

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
Don't even get me started on corsa handbrakes had a new cable on mine for MOT and it's not much better than it was before, even after adjusting it

You haven't done the self adjusters properly before popping the drum back on then.
davieslim

28th Jul 10 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even with the mtech handbrake kit and mk2 astra handbrake cable my handbrakes a nice tight 3 clicks and doesnt budge on hills
Norcy91

29th Jul 10 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't have to try, this forum has people falling over themselves to look stupid. At the second bit, 2 clicks holds my car on a hill.

Yes well luckily im not one of the stupid people thanks! And yes, my Corsa only needs 3 clicks to be held on the handbrake, I was simply saying that my Ibiza's handbrake was useless
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
This just smacks of another 'Oh look I drive a Corrado' thread TBH

not at all, i think alot of cars are safer, civic type r is another i've driven and found brakes much safer, especially for in experienced drivers, i think car manufacturers should give all the sporty options, like sports suspension, decent brakes and stuff but on a base model engine thats cheap to insure.

although small cars these days are much better, but still small wheels, poor brakes.

Corrado has crap brakes as standard as it happens
AlunJ

29th Jul 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ

You haven't done the self adjusters properly before popping the drum back on then.

can't say I did it I don't know the first thing about working on drums
daymoon
Premium Member

29th Jul 10 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa handbrake was fine :S
whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:

not at all, i think alot of cars are safer, civic type r is another i've driven and found brakes much safer, especially for in experienced drivers, i think car manufacturers should give all the sporty options, like sports suspension, decent brakes and stuff but on a base model engine thats cheap to insure.

although small cars these days are much better, but still small wheels, poor brakes.

Corrado has crap brakes as standard as it happens

do you not think its down to development and your comparing a 15+ year car with a current cars

At the time they were probably more than adequate when compared to simialr cars

3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course it is, this is why i'm talking about corsa B's and they are very popular atm amoungst young/1st time drivers.

its no wonder they have more accidents
whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
of course it is, this is why i'm talking about corsa B's and they are very popular atm amoungst young/1st time drivers.

its no wonder they have more accidents

why because of poor brakes

3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, and the tyres as mentioned.

like i say this young lad was coming down a hill, i pulled out on him (blind junction) and he braked, locked up, was never going to stop, so i managed to quickly get in reverse and move backwards.

i thought to myself, if he was in a veyron, he would of stopped.
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Jul 10 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say his brakes were on par with your Corrados then if he managed to lock up.
Probably speed and shit tyres making him Skid.
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i guess its more to do with tyres then brakes, if its locking up then the brakes are working
Adam_B

29th Jul 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My biggest problem was them overheating and going spongey. Eventually sorted it but chucked loads of money at it.
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

i'll ignore it from you whitter as you have always been jealous of my corrado, just to confirm you are Paul from vagweb who likes everyday company cars with no mods?
whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

i'll ignore it from you whitter as you have always been jealous of my corrado, just to confirm you are Paul from vagweb who likes everyday company cars with no mods?

not jealous of arado mate - no chance

Yes i am Paul from Vagweb who is lucky enough to have a company car with a few mods
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what mods you got? little suction cup clipboard to the windscreen, magic tree and a cup holder?
whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what mods you got? little suction cup clipboard to the windscreen, magic tree and a cup holder?

nah mate pen holder and notepad only
mattk

29th Jul 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my Corsa one used to be leathel

after a downpour the rears used to go sharp as fuck and would lock up completely the first few times they were used with the slightest touch, my mates combo van used to be the same

must have been the rust on the inside of the drums after the rain making them really sharp
Sam
Premium Member

29th Jul 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B brakes are shit, end of. I don't know what size brakes are on the current shape Corsa, but I hope they are a decent size and actually work!
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
my Corsa one used to be leathel

after a downpour the rears used to go sharp as fuck and would lock up completely the first few times they were used with the slightest touch, my mates combo van used to be the same

must have been the rust on the inside of the drums after the rain making them really sharp

to some people having this opinion just says, "oh look at me, i drive a punto"

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B Brakes 22 database queries in 0.0155060 seconds