corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thinking about jacking it all in.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking about jacking it all in.....
Tiger

User status: Offline
13th Aug 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should add that i'd be sharing my studio (splitting costs) with a friend of mine. He is sharing another at the minute but the guys who own it are shutting it down.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Aug 10 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you've already decided mate, go for it
Tiger

13th Aug 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Sounds like you've already decided mate, go for it

Like I was saying, i've got to do the math for it yet, and approach the bank with a business plan (even though I could just about fund it myself)

I'm at the point where I need something else in my life, I don't like authority either and like working under my own steam. Life really is too short not to try something different.
sand-eel

13th Aug 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would keep that job or get another one, whilst getting a name for yourself in the photography world.
If you jack in in you will be more skint than before.
antnee

13th Aug 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What type of photography would/do you do?

The photographer on my shoot today (for Redline), does alot of work for Redline, but does loads of private work, and does a lot of building photography too, doing that line is more versatile and more likely to bring in a steady income IMO
Tiger

15th Aug 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
I would keep that job or get another one, whilst getting a name for yourself in the photography world.
If you jack in in you will be more skint than before.

This is what i've been saying though, i'm not fortunate to do both, I work long weeks which squeezes my weekends to the point I cant do photography at the weekend. I have no time to be able to work both at a level that would be beneficial to me.
Tiger

15th Aug 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
What type of photography would/do you do?

The photographer on my shoot today (for Redline), does alot of work for Redline, but does loads of private work, and does a lot of building photography too, doing that line is more versatile and more likely to bring in a steady income IMO

Portrait / Fashion / Wedding / Auto / Product.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it all goes tits up you can always get another job, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Do it whilst you have the motivation and drive to get it off the ground, lifes to short.
DaveyLC

15th Aug 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do what makes you happy!
Tiger

16th Aug 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made some inroads today and got a contract to do a one off event at the NEC for a big supermarket chain. The company said if they like my stuff they'll use me again
Recaro1

16th Aug 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you know what your going to do...

You only get one life, do the things that make you happy. Some of mates love their jobs - they dont make as much money as the rest of us but they love it and look forward to it.

I think thats the best job, something you look forward to doing.

Atleast you have a trade. If you give it a go and it doesnt work out I'm sure you could get back into sparky work.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thinking about jacking it all in..... 22 database queries in 0.0093970 seconds