corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome !

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any donations welcome !
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 10 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16k is a lot of money to a lot of people.
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know yeah, some very generous people about
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's jumped up £500 in the last hour or so, that's good.
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
So now people are assuming there is more to it and that she was blind drunk dancing on the balcony rail or something?

Maybe she was pissed, have you never been pissed on holliday? or maybe it was an accident?

Accidents do happen, like the time 2 lads I knew went on holliday to ibiza and were killed by a taxi. That was an accident.

There are always two sides to a story Dan. I am not saying she was wankered as a fart, but lets be honest, you don't trip up and fall over a balcony do you?

As said, I have climbed between balconies (I am not saying that is the case) many years back, funnily enough whilst my ex was in Hospital after crashing a Go-Kart in Tenerife trying to keep pace with me. I was on the top floor at the time, was fucking stupid, really stupid looking back but alcohol mashes your mind.

To give you an idea the Mrs said her kart failed. It didn't there was fuck all wrong with it, she just had no driving experience (she hadn't even had a driving lesson at the time), the truth is she drove beyond her capabilities and fucked herself up. Cost me the equivalent of £50 on the excess that did. Daft bitch.

I hope the girl can come home, recover and get well but I am sorry, £16k is NOTHING, especially when family is concerned.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Aug 10 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we're clear on the circumstances Wayne. And I would guess they're planning to go in a few hundred themselves. In fact based on that page a number have

If its so little, donate.
Nath

18th Aug 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go pick her up in the Metro Wayne.
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
She was on her honeymoon, are you going to deprive her a drink? Its an accident and she needs to come home.

I don't think anyone would say to the contrary but TBH, £16k isn't a huge sum of money. Maybe it is just me but if I wanted someone back home, I would either pull it from my savings account or cash in my shares etc?

I realise not everyone is in that position but £16k? It's NOTHING really is it? So no-one in her family can raise it through a re-mortgage? No one can get a loan? Sorry, it seems they wan't her 'back home' but don't want to put their hand in their pocket. I know that is fucking harsh but could you HONESTLY tell me that if you were in that position that your family would get the begging bowl out if they wanted you back home for surgery? Would they fuck, they would move heaven and Earth to have you back in a flash.

um whats to say she even has a large family? you have no idea, also they might rent/council house so perhaps re-mortgage is out of the question.

and some people would struggle with £160 let alone what they need, you need to grow up boy and think before opening your mouth

Maybe I am out of touch?

I manage my Grans accounts, she has about £280k sat doing literally fuck all. She won't listen when I tell her what to do with it.

My Mum owns her house.

My Dad owns his house.

Infact, I cannot think of anyone in my family who doesn't own a house outright, other than myself and 2 of my cousins and I am NOT a family orientated person. You cannot tell me that you know NO-ONE in your family who owns their own house? Seriously, you can't? Surely?
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I think we're clear on the circumstances Wayne. And I would guess they're planning to go in a few hundred themselves. In fact based on that page a number have

If its so little, donate.

Wow. A few hundred?

I noticed you had chipped in £50 Ian. Very nice of you.

Sorry, certain things appeal, this doesn't. They didn't want a Honeymoon as they wanted a house? Sorry, that's a MINIMUM of 10% nowadays, so where is the house deposit? It's a months wages FFS so far. If they were buying a house, the deposit should get her home, or at least most of the way?

I would be ashamed if my family alone couldn't get me home, let alone my friends, asking randomers on a website when the family can't be arsed to fund it? Sorry, I'm out.

(Await's 'LET bonus' comments but the average house price is at least 10 times that FFS!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Go pick her up in the Metro Wayne.

No. R888's are dangerous mate. Be a bad idea, especially in a dry country like that...

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by LETGSI16V]
C2RL R

18th Aug 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LET - the whole point of you posting this shit in here is what?
the thing about this is it's up to the individual if they wish to donate. you either do or you dont. so if you dont agree with it then just ignore this thread and leave it there.
if i were in her situation i know there are plenty of people that would chip in and get me home in a few days. i feel lucky for that reason. i also know there are loads of people who aint that fortunate which is why i've donated.

anyway these discussions are ruining the thread so lets leave it alone.

best wishes to you and your sister mate. hope you make the total very soon and get her home.
John

18th Aug 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should have had insurance, bit late for that now though.

You try far, far too hard Wayne, give it a break, we know you and your whole family are so rich you can drive metro's about without you telling us in every thread about anything.
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
the thing about this is it's up to the individual if they wish to donate. you either do or you dont. so if you dont agree with it then just ignore this thread and leave it there.
if i were in her situation i know there are plenty of people that would chip in and get me home in a few days. i feel lucky for that reason. i also know there are loads of people who aint that fortunate which is why i've donated.

best wishes to you and your sister mate. hope you make the total very soon and get her home.

quote:
Originally posted by John

You try far, far too hard Wayne, give it a break, we know you and your whole family are so rich you can drive metro's about without you telling us in every thread about anything.

Go on, seriously, can either of you tell me you know NO-ONE that could lay their hands on £16k at short notice?

Sorry, I just do not believe ANY family is in that position?
Tommy L

18th Aug 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it a rest Wayne. Just no need for it.
John

18th Aug 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have it within half an hour of needing it, I know not everybody has that luxury though.
chrisritch

18th Aug 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know my family couldnt find 16k just like that as far as i know
AlexW

18th Aug 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know anybody who could come up with 16k at a click of some fingers, 10k at most maybe.

Il try and remember to donate at the weekend
ssj_kakarot

18th Aug 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R

quote:
Originally posted by John

Go on, seriously, can either of you tell me you know NO-ONE that could lay their hands on £16k at short notice?

shut up you fat gay and go buy a decent car, fuckin metro spacker.
Ben D

18th Aug 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16VGo on, seriously, can either of you tell me you know NO-ONE that could lay their hands on £16k at short notice?

I know PLENTY of people in that situation! Especially where i grew up, Just because you came from a certain background doesn't mean everyone is as privileged as you are.

Although - I do partly agree with an aspect of the point you are trying to get across is that IF the family and friends could afford to pay for the woman to be flown back then i think it is wrong to ask for hand outs to pay for her return when ultimately they could fund it themselves! Other than that if they can't afford it then i do believe it is a good cause!
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bromley - Kent.

Look at the average house price there fella. Family and friends. It's a pittance of the average house price there.

As I say, where is the house deposit in those donations?

I may come across as a cunt but seriously, you cannot tell me they don't know anyone who can re-mortgage, obtain a loan etc? Hell, even 4 people with a tiny £4k loan has her home.

I pity her and her husband, I really do, but it's not big sums we are talking about here.

Hell, 16 people chipping in a grand each and it's sorted. It isn't like we are talking about hundreds of thousands is it?

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Dom

18th Aug 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking Americans, love the sound of their own voice (or fingers in this case?)
We get it, you're wealthy and 16k isn't a lot of money to you but if you get your head out of your backside you might realise that 16k to other familes is a huge sum of cash. I certainly know my family would struggle to raise that sort of cash in short notice, so that kind of pisses on your theory.

Eitherway, bad situation to be in but no doubt she'll be back soon
MarkSport

18th Aug 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will donate friday
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
We get it, you're wealthy and 16k isn't a lot of money to you but if you get your head out of your backside you might realise that 16k to other familes is a huge sum of cash. I certainly know my family would struggle to raise that sort of cash in short notice, so that kind of pisses on your theory.

'Only 13 days to go'.

Sorry, £16k to friends and family is nothing yet they will leave her out there for almost 2 weeks?

Strange that Root got given abuse for being skint (by his own admission) yet spent £400 on a kitten that could have died even after spending the money? I really wonder about this place at times?

Root fought for what he felt was right, paid it and yet friends, family, house deposit and Internet donations are not even 5 times that yet for a just married Woman?
MarkSport

18th Aug 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 24 and im pretty sure if i needed the cash id be still there on my 50th
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of people on here could probably get 16k, but then again there will be others who can't. Not everyone is as fortunate, 16k is a considerable amount of cash, if you don't have savings, can't get a loan or a re-mortgage. You're pretty fucked.

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by DannyB]
CorsAsh

18th Aug 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally I'd let you get on with spouting nonsense LET, but seriously, give it a rest.

Fine, we understand. You don't want to donate. Go and waste some more money on trackday tyres that will never see a track if you're that affluent, but quit your bleating - it's getting on for Daimo B levels of irritation.
Dom

18th Aug 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

'Only 13 days to go'.

Sorry, £16k to friends and family is nothing yet they will leave her out there for almost 2 weeks?

Strange that Root got given abuse for being skint (by his own admission) yet spent £400 on a kitten that could have died even after spending the money? I really wonder about this place at times?

Root fought for what he felt was right, paid it and yet friends, family, house deposit and Internet donations are not even 5 times that yet for a just married Woman?

You're still banging the same drum saying that 16k isn't a huge sum of money with your reasoning being family. Yes familly should stick together and help each other out, great. But £16,000 is a LOT of money and a number of us in this thread have already stated that our familes couldn't raise that sort of cash in short notice, so it completely pisses over your belief that £16,000 is nothing when it clearly is SOMETHING to some people.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome ! 22 database queries in 0.0404210 seconds