corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who for the F1 Championship?

Poll: Who for the F1 Championship?
  Lewis Hamilton
  Jenson Button
  Mark Webber
  Sebastien Vettell
  Fernando Alonso

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who for the F1 Championship?
noshua

User status: Offline
12th Sep 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only 5 points from 1st though, 1 race win separating the top 5 too!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Webber or Alonso please can't stand Hamilton, getting better now he's ditched his Dad on grid all weekend!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jamie Walby

15th Sep 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton I want, but can see him making a balls up somewhere. Hopefully Ill be wrong.
JonnyJ

15th Sep 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton ballsed up at Monza, i was furious, nearly turned it off after that, he is the only driver im really interested in watching.

Hopefully he will pull it together and with a bit of luck the Red Bulls will continue their fine record of fucking up.
Robbo

15th Sep 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Wheres Orrob?
Webber Never in the history of F1 will there be a less deserving world champion than Mark Webber (other than maybe Button)

F1 = pile of pap! Bring back the days when the drivers not the cars make the difference

Hamilton all the way xxx <3
Dom

18th Sep 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Wheres Orrob?
Webber Never in the history of F1 will there be a less deserving world champion than Mark Webber (other than maybe Button)

F1 = pile of pap! Bring back the days when the drivers not the cars make the difference

I'm curious to why you think Hamilton deserves to be WDC (again) considering he's been McLaren's bitch since he was 13 and jumped straight into a decent team unlike Webber who pretty much struggled to get backing to get into karting then worked his way around teams before landing at a contract with RBR.
If anything Hamilton's had it easy. Button and Webber have had to work their way up through shit teams and in doing this they have gained experience that Hamilton lacks. And last weekend clearly showed this and why Hamilton shouldn't get another WDC - far too hot headed when it isn't going his way, lacked the knowledge and experience to deal with that situation and ended up ditching the car.

quote:

Button at Brawn last year showed that a driver needs a decent car to win races and it's been the same since 1950.
Ben G

18th Sep 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want hamilton to win as i enjoy watching him race.

on his day, no one can beat him. yes, sometimes he gets a little crazy, but not as much as vettel or alonso, yet people bum them?

hamilton has been consistently better than button this season in the same car also.
Nath

19th Sep 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Wheres Orrob?

I'm curious to why you think Hamilton deserves to be WDC (again) considering he's been McLaren's bitch since he was 13 and jumped straight into a decent team unlike Webber who pretty much struggled to get backing to get into karting then worked his way around teams before landing at a contract with RBR.
If anything Hamilton's had it easy. Button and Webber have had to work their way up through shit teams and in doing this they have gained experience that Hamilton lacks. And last weekend clearly showed this and why Hamilton shouldn't get another WDC - far too hot headed when it isn't going his way, lacked the knowledge and experience to deal with that situation and ended up ditching the car.

quote:

Button at Brawn last year showed that a driver needs a decent car to win races and it's been the same since 1950.

Because oRbbo is a Vodafone Hamilton bumlord.
Dom

19th Sep 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i want hamilton to win as i enjoy watching him race.

on his day, no one can beat him. yes, sometimes he gets a little crazy, but not as much as vettel or alonso, yet people bum them?

hamilton has been consistently better than button this season in the same car also.

I agree about Vettel and Alonso getting a bit hot under the collar and Webber can be the same as well. But unlike Vettel and Hamilton, Alonso and Webber tend to put in their best performances in those situations.
And i don't agree that no one can touch Hamiliton, Alonso can easily put him in his place.

But yeah Button isn't performing as expected, certainly i'd thought he be doing a little better. But it's his first season in a completely new team unlike his years at BAR, Honda and Brawn, which were basically the same team. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season for Button, hopefully he can get back up there.
He still has a shot at keeping the WDC, but it's a long shot.

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:

Because oRbbo is a Vodafone Hamilton bumlord.

Aye, i've always wondered what brainwashed opinioned oRbbo would spout about F1 if he worked for Burger King. He'd probably be bumming De La Rosa
To be honest, i'll start taking his "opinion" seriously when he can back up what he writes or at least explain his opinion....

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by Dom]
JonnyJ

19th Sep 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

And i don't agree that no one can touch Hamiliton, Alonso can easily put him in his place.

Like he did when they were in the same team at Mclaren...
Dom

19th Sep 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Like he did when they were in the same team at Mclaren...

Don't get me wrong, he's a cunt! Especially when he was at McLaren when he thought he'd be given number one status and ended up throwing his toys out of the pram because he didn't get it. But he's got the experience that Hamilton hasn't and is a bloody good driver when he isn't being a pissy Spaniard.
JonnyJ

19th Sep 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even with all that experience though he still lost to Hamilton on his debut season. Nurtured or not by Mclaren that takes some driver.

I still think he is the best there is right now, put him in a car as competitive as the Red Bull now and i reckon he would be leading the WDC by some margin.

And i still think he has room for improvement as you say, which is scary for the future!
Jamie-C

26th Sep 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton throws it away again ffs, Alonso is looking like he could do it now! 2 wins and hes right back in the mix!
Ben D

26th Sep 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope Alonso doesn't win it, Can't stand the guy, he developed such an arrogance and ego after he won his 1st championship.

Also if this race has proved anything it's that if you make one slip up it can make or break your challenge!

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by Ben D]
Dom

26th Sep 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two DNF's for Hamilton, the boys got skill! I expect oRbbo to be frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog and incorrectly blaming Webber But you'd think after Monza he'd have learnt his lesson and not pull off stupid manoeuvres that ends up him ditching the car, obviously not

Still good race for Alonso and Vettel, both cars looked decent but as Brundle said, Vettel could have had won pole this weekend if he wasn't so sloppy in quali. Webber did ok although he appears to be losing his touch slightly. Likewise with Button/Mclaren, they just seemed to lack any decent pace this weekend and Button was far too subdued during the race.

Four races left though, it's going to be an interesting end to the season and a tough call between Alonso, Webber and Vettel. But Webber seriously needs to pull out something special if he wants to keep his lead, if he carries on like he is then he'll end up loosing out to Alonso and Vettel.
And Mclaren are pretty much stuffed to be honest. They'll need some miracle to win the WDC (the WCC will be a struggle anyways). Button's well out of the running’s as he would need to win the next three races to keep hold of the title and Lewis needs to win the next round if he plans to keep Vettel behind him, which I just can't see happening.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid Manoeuvre? Hamilton was clear and technically had completed the move - it was Webber who was too slow on the brakes / not willing to back out once beaten.

Fair play to both of them IMO, they were direct competitors and it was great to see them wheel to wheel.

I think Lewis has been very unlucky in the past two races - his moves were brave and took balls. Webber is the only other top5 racer willing to take risks, so I'd say he deservers the C'ship if it's out of reach for the Brit.

Alonso and Button just rely on Qualifying pace and rarely put themselves into a risky position when racing against the other top 5, Vettel tries - but he's had a combination of bad luck and just being a moron...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dom

26th Sep 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Stupid Manoeuvre? Hamilton was clear and technically had completed the move - it was Webber who was too slow on the brakes / not willing to back out once beaten.

Fair play to both of them IMO, they were direct competitors and it was great to see them wheel to wheel.

I think Lewis has been very unlucky in the past two races - his moves were brave and took balls. Webber is the only other top5 racer willing to take risks, so I'd say he deservers the C'ship if it's out of reach for the Brit.

Alonso and Button just rely on Qualifying pace and rarely put themselves into a risky position when racing against the other top 5, Vettel tries - but he's had a combination of bad luck and just being a moron...

'Completed his move', not sure how you work that one out. Hamilton clearly didn't complete the move otherwise he'd still be in the race
Webber had the line so technically had that corner and in turn didn't have yield his position because of that. Technically Hamilton should have backed off as he was on the outside and wasn't clear of Webber's car (most was half a cars length when Webber had to brake hard on the the apex of the corner to try and avoid impact). Or Hamilton should have gone wide and given Webber the space to brake, which would have most likely resulted in Webber having slower exit speed which would open up a position for Hamilton to gun it from the exit for an overtake.
And this was far from bravery, courage or him having the cahoonas, it was him hoping and praying that Webber would yield the position - Where's the skill in that?

Although I’m surprised Webber's front suspension arm stood up to the impact, as they aren't particularly strong compared to the rears. Just look at Sutil during practice breaking his front suspension in his Force India after getting a bit of air off a curb.

As for Alonso and Button not takings risks is complete balls! Last season showed that Button will happily take risks, likewise with Alonso during the 05/06 seasons (although he does have a habit of cutting corners).

Either way, Hamilton has shot himself in the foot and it's no one’s fault other than his own. It now just means that he needs two wins and two podium spots (if my maths is correct) to have a chance at winning the WDC, which is unlikely to happen.

Other news, Sutil got a 20 second penalty (as well as a $10k fine for driving with broken suspension during practice) after gaining grown during the first lap. Likewise Hulkenberg also got penalised with a 20 second penalty for cutting a corner. Which means Massa moved up to 8th.

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by Dom]
Rick Draper

26th Sep 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if Webber had not used Hamilton as a brake i dont think he would have made the corner.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
'Completed his move', not sure how you work that one out. Hamilton clearly didn't complete the move otherwise he'd still be in the race
Webber had the line so technically had that corner and in turn didn't have yield his position because of that. Technically Hamilton should have backed off as he was on the outside and wasn't clear of Webber's car

Hamilton WAS clear of Webbers car - Webber was just carrying too much into the corner and had nowhere else to go. I think Webber was very lucky to have not taken damage from the contact, but I don't think he should have done anything different - to fight for the championship you need to make bold moves like that, as does Hamilton - and on this occasion (again ) it didn't work out!

Did you watch the F1 forum after the race? They had some pretty good slow motion and freezeframe shots of the overtake - and Hamilton was clear, infact he was more ahead than Kubica was on his near identical move - but Kubica wasn't overtaking a c'ship rival so he received a pretty generous yield.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jamie Walby

27th Sep 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Hamilton I want, but can see him making a balls up somewhere. Hopefully Ill be wrong.

I was not wrong.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Don't know why Button, Vettel and Alonso are there tbh, really can't see them overtaking Webber Or Hamilton.

Would love Hamilton to win again, but can't see it happening, think webber will just pip him!

Oh dear Jonny, I think Alonso is getting pretty close now!

I think Hamilton has now lost all his chances, and IMO it's between Webber and Alonso for the title.
whitter45

27th Sep 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vettel or alonso for me

As long as hamilton doesnt win it

[Edited on 27-09-2010 by whitter45]
RichR
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Webber is due a DNF; he had 2 lucky escapes in Singapore - I predict a DNF at Japan as you can only push it so far.

I still think Vettel might come through, a DNF for Webber/Alonso and a couple of 1/2 place finishes for Vettel and he'll be up there
mwg

27th Sep 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton wont win it now unfortunately despite being the fastest driver
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cannot stand Alonso or Massa. Think I'd rather see the Red Bulls win if the McLaren team doesn't.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who for the F1 Championship? 24 database queries in 0.0135300 seconds