corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good price for a fabia vrs?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good price for a fabia vrs?
PhilC

User status: Offline
11th Sep 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I had a Ibiza FR for about 18 months. Traded it in 3 months ago.
I had a 1.4 Fabia before that, and wanted a VRS, but the Ibiza FR was cheaper.
The feel of the car is much nicer in the Fabia (interior wise), and that comparing the same Fabia sport with the Ibiza FR...
Performance wise, the Ibiza is 0.1 faster to 60, apparently?? Exact same setup though...
I did months of research into it, so let me know if you need any info.
And yes, they are PD130s. As is the Polo GT TDi if you fancy a third option.

[Edited on 11-09-2010 by PhilC]
John

12th Sep 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vRS interior is totally different to the rest of the range, rest of the range is crap.

Went to look at an 04 today, front fog lights put me off straight away, pre facelift ftl.

Was in an Arnold Clark VW dealership for 5k with 64k miles as a reference.
belton

12th Sep 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt go vw as they are way to common, even though there is a seat crew around my way.

i saw something that really really proved that i want a vrs the other day . . .
was on the m25 and there where two corsas both redtop, pulled up side by side and started gunning it, sounded fantastic, it was great to watch, then outta no where a vrs came up next to them, sat with them for a second (enough time to wave i a guessing) and just steamed off.
i almost wet myself.
There does seem to be a huge difference in price between the vrs and ibiza tdi sport, unless the fabias have moon miles.
John and Phil what is the deal with milage on these? an immaculate ibiza sport has popped up at a good price near me (2800) but has done 109000 miles. has had full and regular seat service with proof. I know little about diesel engines but they are known to last alot longer than petrol engines. How true is this??

Oh and john my manager just brought a 04 fabia with 24k on the clock for 6k, it is stunning. Took me out for a spin and it wasnt too great in 1st 2nd but 3rd it kept pulling so well. i can see why you loved it
John

12th Sep 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remap makes it just as fast as a Clio sport, you'd have the Clio once moving. The engines are apparently good forever according to the Internet, I wouldn't have a high mileage one personally though. Fabia interior would have to be lovingly cared for to have lasted 100k miles.
belton

12th Sep 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i know, another reason i am so interested, the map literally adds 50% more power.
yea again not too keen on a high milage just for general wear and tear, but again if one comes up at a very good price even with high milage who knows, i guess it is all down to the car/owner can still be a dog with low miles as my x16xe was.
is there anything with the clutches on these? i am sure in cupras etc once mapped you have to get another clutch unless you want to go through them every 2 months

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good price for a fabia vrs? 22 database queries in 0.0994170 seconds