corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Update on the van this time!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Update on the van this time!
Rich H

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys!

Ironically Parkers review (iirc) says how uncomfortable the ST150's are as well, but the seats are massively better than standard issue Connect ones, so I'm happy

And yup there's a few valeters round this way who trade out of scruffy vans, just don't get it at all!
AndyCorsaSport

13th Sep 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks smart as Rich. I used to drive my dads old Connect a fair bit, and also used to be passenger. The passenger seat is soooo much more uncomfy its unbelivable. Think its to do with it having the lift up storage thing? An hour or so in the passenger seat and your arse is numb!!
Rich H

13th Sep 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Yeh the passenger seat folds down to make a cup holder / table and on BT ones had an underseat safe (which I removed ages ago) they also have bugger all adjustment Hopefully this will be a bit better for the times I do have passengers now!
alan-g-w

14th Sep 10 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Nope I run 205/50 XL's on this and it's fine - the last set of budgets I just did 14k on them with no issues, now upgraded a little bit to Kumho Ecsta's which everybody seems to rave about - I wouldn't dare go any lower profile though as I carry near the payload when fully laden with all my gear!

My mate was running 19" RS4 wheels on his Caddy valeting van with rubber band tyres, as long as you don't crash into every pothole you see they'd be fine.
mattk

14th Sep 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do you get the water from Rich? do you just fill it up at home? would have thought it costs your folks a bomb if they are on a meter, and do you have to recycle a certain amount of water or are you exempt from that rule with you being mobile?
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh waters from home, fortunately we're not on a meter, but I still pay my way with water bill. TBH it's 250ltr a day, which isn't anymore than a bath, and we all shower, so kind of levels our water useage out really!

ATM I don't have to recycle waste water, the rule is already in place in Scotland though and there's rumours of it happening within the next 2 years. Basically in Scotland you have to collect ALL your water, pump it into a separate tank, and then pay for it to be treated / recycled. Which means huge expenses and bigger vans. IF that comes into play in England I haven't decided yet what I'll do - a unit is the most logical progression.
mattk

14th Sep 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds like a major hassle!
deano87

14th Sep 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be a shame if you had to go static because the whole appeal is the flexibility of you going to people.

Will that even be the occurrence if you are washing your own vehicle at home?

Rule is silly because if you weren't 'washing' their car, they'd be doing it and it would be allowed to go into the storm drains.
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like a unit in the future for various reasons anyway, but the mobile side will always be kept as yes it's part of the overall appeal - convenience for the client etc.

I'm pretty sure it'll only affect people doing it commercially, although yes it's stupid seeing as people wash their own cars and the water is allowed to drain away! A reasonable amount of my products are bio degradable and fairly eco friendly anyway which is annoying. The only plus side I can see to it is that I cant imagine hand car washes and supermarket car park cleaners will survive if it comes in, so will only leave a select few companies, but then the cost of each service will have to go up considerably to reflect the costs we have to pay!
chrex

14th Sep 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to get the 170 duratec into it! there was one in redline not so long ago...and in fast/performance ford too. Guy is a mobile mechanic...and had a rapido connect.
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was hoping to put a decent diesel lump in it, but JamSport said diesel engine conversions are a pita, and i need it to be 100% reliable!

Will get a caddy in the future and that'll be the fast one! Atm I've got the Cooper S for the fun and this for the sensible / work
Rob E

14th Sep 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tidy van. Our Transit connect work van is 300bhp...powered by a civic type r k20 lump which has been supercharged along with an LSD, mahoosive alcon 4pots up front and coilovers all round. anyone going upto castle combe for the rally day this saturday can see her in the flesh
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Rich H

15th Sep 10 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
Tidy van. Our Transit connect work van is 300bhp...powered by a civic type r k20 lump which has been supercharged along with an LSD, mahoosive alcon 4pots up front and coilovers all round. anyone going upto castle combe for the rally day this saturday can see her in the flesh

am4nf

15th Sep 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much did the seats set you back mate, if you dont mind me asking?

I need to get leathers for the gf's focus
Rich H

15th Sep 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They won't just bolt straight in to a focus! And they certainly didn't just bolt straight into my van lol, took a lot of fabrication work. I paid £300 for them.
am4nf

15th Sep 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They won't just bolt straight in to a focus! And they certainly didn't just bolt straight into my van lol, took a lot of fabrication work. I paid £300 for them.

Yeah id be looking for some focus leathers or halfs, just wondering a rough price
Rich H

15th Sep 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
quote:

Yeah id be looking for some focus leathers or halfs, just wondering a rough price

I know they're not all leather, but Focus ST interiors go from £500 up to just under £1k regularly on eBay.
deano87

15th Sep 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Titanium seats found in the Focus are really nice. Half leather.
am4nf

15th Sep 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
quote:

I know they're not all leather, but Focus ST interiors go from £500 up to just under £1k regularly on eBay.

It would be a case of waiting for one to come into a scrappies and then pounce, I recon they will take about £200, as I priced a 206 full leather and they said £100, wouldnt pay anymore than £300 for a set tbh
alan-g-w

15th Sep 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This whole collecting the water thing will be why BluKoo's brother parks the cars on big tarps then. Was just thinking that and remember someone asking.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Update on the van this time! 23 database queries in 0.0166049 seconds