corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tesco - Selling out of date Shit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tesco - Selling out of date Shit
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just butter on crumpets for me
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Sep 10 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
peanut butter on crumpets, not marmite.

this

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Skinz

22nd Sep 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was pissed off this morning when I found out the crumpets I bought Friday night had gone mouldy, tesco's again.
Nath

22nd Sep 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
I was pissed off this morning when I found out the crumpets I bought Friday night had gone mouldy, tesco's again.

Thats about right tbh.
dannymccann

23rd Sep 10 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco - my experience fro when I used to work there...

They are such a cost cutting machine they were relentlessly letting people go but kept on creating management positions. At many times during my spell there there would be more managers on the shop floor than workers, and what workers were there were called to work on the checkouts all day long because they had no staff either.

The priority for shop floor work was to make sure the shelves were tidy and looked full, which meant 3 times a day everyone on the shop floor, in between manning the checkouts, would spend up to 2 hours pulling stock from the back of the shelves forward, leaving an empty gap behind it. As you can imagine there wasnt much time to actually FILL the shelves like we were supposed to be doing.

They then had the cheek to moan at us about the levels of stock in the warehouse going off!

Considering how large an empire Tesco is it is very badly run on a local basis I think
jmepamplin

23rd Sep 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Tesco is pretty shit tbh, but they know how to make the monies!
davcohen

24th Sep 10 at 04:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Tesco - my experience fro when I used to work there...

They are such a cost cutting machine they were relentlessly letting people go but kept on creating management positions. At many times during my spell there there would be more managers on the shop floor than workers, and what workers were there were called to work on the checkouts all day long because they had no staff either.

The priority for shop floor work was to make sure the shelves were tidy and looked full, which meant 3 times a day everyone on the shop floor, in between manning the checkouts, would spend up to 2 hours pulling stock from the back of the shelves forward, leaving an empty gap behind it. As you can imagine there wasnt much time to actually FILL the shelves like we were supposed to be doing.

They then had the cheek to moan at us about the levels of stock in the warehouse going off!

Considering how large an empire Tesco is it is very badly run on a local basis I think

Would agree with what you have said there although you didnt mention one thing about these managers, they are put in place to create super workers atleast in the store i was working in

they pay like an extra pound or two per hour yet expect you to cover for like 3 people away on holiday or sick wtf!!

I was managing the produce department in colney hatch (north london) which takes in more money then any other produce department in the country and at peak times I was supposed to be filling and maintaining two isles whilst doing reductions for the entire department that means going through nearly each and every product in the entire shop floor lol
dannymccann

24th Sep 10 at 05:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was also on Produce Dav and I worked there for 2 years, every Monday night it was exactly that - checkouts, filling, cleaning, reductions. Not possible!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tesco - Selling out of date Shit 23 database queries in 0.0095940 seconds