corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alex Reid

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alex Reid
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
25th Sep 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does this guy like getting punched on the jaw, why doesnt he move his head ... ever?
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
If you put a good professional boxer in a cage with these guys the boxer would knock them out without having to use feet or grabs.

You mad, it's been proved many times that a boxer getting in to the octogon with an MMA fighter doesn't last long

[Edited on 25-09-2010 by DannyB]

Yeah ok
A good professional boxer... im talking a contender for a belt - no way these guys could stop them

[Edited on 25-09-2010 by Dr Pepper]

Conway563

25th Sep 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dont watch much cage stuff or mma ..... basically because I dont rate it very highly. If you put a good professional boxer in a cage with these guys the boxer would knock them out without having to use feet or grabs. None of these guys ever look to me like they have a chin, or any real boxing technique.

FLOL
Tommy

25th Sep 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They dont seem to connect as well as boxers do
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 10 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
If you put a good professional boxer in a cage with these guys the boxer would knock them out without having to use feet or grabs.

You mad, it's been proved many times that a boxer getting in to the octogon with an MMA fighter doesn't last long

Yeah ok

You cannot be sarcastic on this subject when I follow MMA and you don't, please go and watch James Toneys recent fight against Randy Couture, please also look at James Toneys wiki page and find out just how good a boxer he was.
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This guy is a champion...and he cant stop alex reid from hitting him with straight punches to the chin...and they are hurting him.

Alex Reid is not a boxer...but he has nearly put this guy on his ass and has barely kicked and hasnt grabbed
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 10 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

A good professional boxer... im talking a contender for a belt - no way these guys could stop them

Maybe not these two clowns but some of the top MMA figters wouldn't have a problem in stopping them, please don't try to say things about a subject you know nothing about.
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah ok

You cannot be sarcastic on this subject when I follow MMA and you don't, please go and watch James Toneys recent fight against Randy Couture, please also look at James Toneys wiki page and find out just how good a boxer he was.

I follow boxing, and I watch a bit of MMA ... Im not knocking mma - but they couldnt handle a top boxer in there if the boxer took it seriously they would knock these guys out, or just out box them
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Maybe not these two clowns but some of the top MMA figters wouldn't have a problem in stopping them, please don't try to say things about a subject you know nothing about.

It appears you know very little about boxing so I say the same to you ... im entitled to my opinion same as you - your notg going to channge my mind.

Alex Reid was gonna get a kicking in this according to all you guys... hasnt happened

Conway563

25th Sep 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I follow boxing, and I watch a bit of MMA ... Im not knocking mma - but they couldnt handle a top boxer in there if the boxer took it seriously they would knock these guys out, or just out box them

You've been given an example of this happening, you might want to watch it
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 10 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't follw boxing much you're right, I find it boring, MMA is much better in my opinion.
Tommy

25th Sep 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont care if Reid loses hes got my respect, everyone wrote him off gotta have balls to do it

[Edited on 25-09-2010 by Tommy]
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah ok

ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH???? Is that really the best example you can give me to prove your point? Do you really need me to pick holes in your argument there?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 10 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You said a top boxer would get knocked out against an MMA fighter, I gave you an example, did you watch the video?
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

You've been given an example of this happening, you might want to watch it

I know all about that fight...its not an example of a top boxer losing in a cage. lol
Tommy

25th Sep 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will you two ladies calm down.
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You said a top boxer would get knocked out against an MMA fighter, I gave you an example, did you watch the video?

I watched the fight - at the time.

James Tony had finished his boxing career, been well beated by Jones jnr ect, moved up three or four weight divisions as he couldnt stay at the weight, then cashed in on a cage fight at the end....that is not what I meant

Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You said its been proven many times that a mma fighter would beat a top boxer..... I still havnt been told who and when this was.

You cant tell me because it wont ever happen.

Someone like pacquio isnt going to train for a cage fight in the middle of his career prime....because he will be boxing.... which is the more prestigious sport....yournot going to be able to prove your point and neither am I.

But you certainly cant claim its happened on a number of occasions because it clearly hasnt

Ian W

25th Sep 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reid just looked nearly out
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 10 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, even a current boxer (in my opinion) wouldn't be able to stand toe to toe with many fighters in their prime, there's too many of them to mention with silly knock out power.

Watch this knockout from Andre Winner, skip to 3: 08 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zpDE0NCFaM

Tommy

25th Sep 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would a proper Thai boxer kick these blokes arses ?
AK

25th Sep 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was watching some pretty brutal cage fighting last night....

Nick Diaz getting his face split open by some chap called KJ Noons. oooof

Think it was a old though
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people like maccerenelli or hatton had massive knock out power, but there careers have been ended by smaller punchers...because they got out boxed, out worked and out moved.

Knockout power always gives you a fighting chance I admit that ... but I dont belive any mma fighters I have seen are good enough boxers to beat top boxers in a cage. Im not saying the mma guys couldnt knock them out, I just dont think they would get a chance against the real top boxers out there

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 10 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
Would a proper Thai boxer kick these blokes arses ?

A possibily, but considering MMA is a form of every Martial Art thrown together they are all good at everything.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alex Reid 22 database queries in 0.0192139 seconds