corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sunday drivers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sunday drivers
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Sep 10 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
They park their audi r8 up your arse?

??

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Adam_B

27th Sep 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen a Transit pull out onto a main road in front of a Robin Reliant in front of me. The guy in the Reliant went mental, actually arms everywhere, you prob had to be there to fully apreciate it but it was the funniest thing ive seen in ages
AlunJ

27th Sep 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
quote:
They park their audi r8 up your arse?

??

quote:
They get r8 up my arse,then back off and again,it does my heading r8 bad!!

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's not to get? Your taking piss cos I put r8 instead of right and you've got note better to do than comment on that,it's easier enough to understand

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another one today that pissed me right off on my way home from uni. I was going down a dual carriage way at a steady 70ish in the left hand lane. I noticed in my mirror there was Passat in the outside lane which I assumed was going to overtake me. Next thing I know he get about half way up the side of my car and just stops overtaking, sitting right in my blind spot. I thought I'd slow down a bit to give the guy a chance but then he literally sits right next to me. Now we are coming upto an artic lorry going slower than us in my lane and I can't get passed because of this prick I put my indicator on to show I wanted to move over but he was in a world of his own. So I blasted the horn to try and get him to let me over but noo. He eventually cruised past the while I've had to slow right down because I can't get past. Either overtake me properly or not at all you stupid twat. Don't sit next to me so I can't speed up

[Edited on 27-09-2010 by shaunmods]
dannymccann

27th Sep 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What's not to get? Your taking piss cos I put r8 instead of right and you've got note better to do than comment on that,it's easier enough to understand

Note?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

r8 does not mean right

note does not mean nothing either
alan-g-w

27th Sep 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Reminded me of another time where there was an old woman coming off a bus about 100yds down the same road I was talking about in the first example. I could see her looking (since she probably heard me coming) and we both knew that she wouldn't make it across, but what does she do? Walks. I'm only going about 30-35mph at this time and even with coming off the throttle a bit I still need to stop to a standstill to let her cross. I put the window down and genuinely tried to be polite in telling her what she had done was totally fucking stupid. I said something like 'you'll need to watch walking out in front of cars like that, you're going to end up getting run over', only for her to turn and say 'well you were going too fast weren't you'. 'No, I was actually going about 30mph' I told her. Cue her saying 'well it looked like you were going far too fast...' and basically flapping out her arse like the first cunt.

She thought you were going too fast, yet then still decided to walk out infront of you
Stupid woman.

Yup, that was the whole point. The poeple around where I live are snobby as fuck and she purposely walked out to make a point, thinking I was going too fast. But due to lack of general brain activity she totally misjusdged it the silly bint.
alan-g-w

27th Sep 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I always get people right up my arse so there cars straight with my wing mirrors so I can see all there car :S They get r8 up my arse,then back off and again,it does my heading r8 bad!!

And this wasn't so bad but it's the fact you used 'right' in the first half then changed to 'r8'.
Kurt

27th Sep 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Another one today that pissed me right off on my way home from uni. I was going down a dual carriage way at a steady 70ish in the left hand lane. I noticed in my mirror there was Passat in the outside lane which I assumed was going to overtake me. Next thing I know he get about half way up the side of my car and just stops overtaking, sitting right in my blind spot. I thought I'd slow down a bit to give the guy a chance but then he literally sits right next to me. Now we are coming upto an artic lorry going slower than us in my lane and I can't get passed because of this prick I put my indicator on to show I wanted to move over but he was in a world of his own. So I blasted the horn to try and get him to let me over but noo. He eventually cruised past the while I've had to slow right down because I can't get past. Either overtake me properly or not at all you stupid twat. Don't sit next to me so I can't speed up

[Edited on 27-09-2010 by shaunmods]

I get this on the motorway all the time!

Also wankers that sit in the middle lane when the left lane is empty

Tonight took the Piss though, coming home from work it's an a road with few passing
Points. Got Stuck behind a van doing 40mph in the 50 and 60 sections then when there was enough space, there was another I gave up at this point
alan-g-w

27th Sep 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peopel doing 10+mph below the speed limit is a cunt of a thing
richc

27th Sep 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

And then flash when you over take them. I have serious issues with this. If i want to do a 100 mph past you, or 50 mph past you, why flash?

Or when people sit in the outside lane of a dual carridge way, dont move out your way, so you undertake them, they flash.

Or when you over take something, and there is something comming the other way (but a massive difference a head and you have cleary been on your side of the road for a good few seconds), and they flash?

Whats the point? Someone overtakes me or someone comes towards me, i just move out of there way!

Had it otherday, a car overtakin a lorry, was really close, but i didnt flash him, i just moved further over to the left, there was enough room, just let them get on with it!
Ben G

27th Sep 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it makes me laugh when, as you say, people sit in the outside lane, so when you go to undertake them after patiently waiting for ages for them to move over, they speed up and try to stop you getting past, or you get past and they proceed to sit on your arse, even following you into different lanes.

it's sad.

people think they are immortal in their little metal shells. when they get out they go back to being clark kent without the superpowers. little boney cunts.
Graham88

27th Sep 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods

This bugs the fuck out of me when driving the work van, in my car I simply speed up and pull infront of them, but I don't have the power in the Transit so have to slow down and build the speed up again, wankers
harrisp

27th Sep 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Usually they are doing 30mph in a 40, then it changes to a 30mph limit and they brake
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have genuinely been behind old people going through my village before (all 30mph) at about 25 max, then they brake if someone comes the other way, if there's a slight bend, if there's someone on the path, if there's a cyclist on the other side of the road, the list goes on... It's even worse when they're doing 30-40 down the NSL road and brake when people come the other way And there is only one place you can overtake in each direction because of visibility

Numberwang!

I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
richc

27th Sep 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it makes me laugh when, as you say, people sit in the outside lane, so when you go to undertake them after patiently waiting for ages for them to move over, they speed up and try to stop you getting past, or you get past and they proceed to sit on your arse, even following you into different lanes.

Thats why i like have a fast car

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
This bugs the fuck out of me when driving the work van, in my car I simply speed up and pull infront of them, but I don't have the power in the Transit so have to slow down and build the speed up again, wankers

Inconsideration for van/truck drivers does my head in. People don't seem to realise/be bothered just how slow they can be so they'll happily not let you in because it might cost them an extra couple of seconds so you have to slow down then try to find a space or wait for someone to let you out (not that it happens very often).

It's one thing I'm always conscious of especially on motorways, if I'm in the middle lane overtaking a line of traffic, I'll always watch the slow lane for people coming up behind slower cars. On a few occasions recently I've started moving into the fast lane after seeing a van in the slow lane approaching a truck in front of it and my brother's asked why I'm moving over, then the indicator comes on on the van and all becomes clear. I'm obviously biased as someone who's been driving vans for a few years but I realise how infuriating it can be.

I once had about a 10 mile long argument with some bell end that started off sitting in the middle lane, this was when we had our Sprinter 2.3 non-turbo diesel, the slowest vehicle I've ever driven. Basically I caught up with this Golf, moved into the middle lane behind him to give him chance to move over, he didn't and I couldn't guarantee overtaking him so didn't want to move into the fast lane and end up causing more hold ups so I moved back to the slow lane, I was edging passed and informing the driver of the highway code and just generally what I thought of him, then caught up with some slower moving traffic so had to slow down, till he was passed me, into the middle lane till we passed the traffic then he still didn't move over but the road had levelled out slightly so I went for the right hand lane, at which point he did the same despite there being nothing on the carriageway for the next 3-400 yds and it just went on like that for 10 miles, almost passing then getting slowed down by more traffic, everytime I pulled along side I'd further advise on the highway code but nope, he knew best. It eventually ended when we got to our junction at which point there was hands flying everywhere, I was close to foaming at the mouth all because some arse felt because he was doing 65 mph he had the right to sit in the middle lane and just generally get in my way

That turned into a bit more of a rant than I was expecting

[Edited on 27-09-2010 by Mike B]
Neo

28th Sep 10 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc

And then flash when you over take them.

I tend to give them a thumbs up, or if the windows down a little wave as I can't think they are doing anything but congratulating you on a fine and well executed overtaking manouver.
belton

28th Sep 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that walk out in front of cars and expect them to stop drive me fucking insane. Mainly as my girlfriend is one. The other day she actually got hit by a car, not badly but as she was walking through college. I would love to shake the guys hand who had hit her. As I've tried to explain. If people do just stop when they see someone then why/how do people die on the road. Stupid
alan-g-w

28th Sep 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Originally posted by richc

And then flash when you over take them.

I tend to give them a thumbs up, or if the windows down a little wave as I can't think they are doing anything but congratulating you on a fine and well executed overtaking manouver.

Same here, you can usually see them flapping their arms about in disgust
Kurt

28th Sep 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vtec makes you out to be a right cunt when overtaking, seems to always engage next to their window

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sunday drivers 23 database queries in 0.0129910 seconds