corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mornin

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mornin
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 10 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Morning Everyone

Happy Birthday Rich

Rubbish day though - first time I've ever not been off this week so I'm at work

Not really, Dad's doing a meal; I saw a brace of pheasents out so I assume he's doing that - Out to the Pub with mates tomorrow, Jess is taking me out Friday although its joint as its her Birthday tomorrow then I'll be living it large and late Saturday night in Stoke
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pheasant is on my list to try but haven't seen it anywhere for years, found somewhere that sells pigeon recently though so will be buying some of them soon. Haven't had it since I was a kid
I've only been to Stoke once and managed to get lost whilst barely being able to see due to torrential rain

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by Conway563]
RichR
Premium Member

6th Oct 10 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First day of Pheasent season last week so it couldn't be a better time to get them Very gamey, so if you like strong flavours, you'll love it; if not, you won't
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remembered I've actually got a mate who breeds them
Might have to see if he can sort something out
Budgie

6th Oct 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had pheasent quite nice.
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been to stoke....I think Matt L can confirm, I went to newcastle but not the newcastle so it might not have been the stoke. who knows

Pheasant is amazing, as Rich said very very strong flavour, too strong for some. I made my own pate and had it on toast christmas morning last year
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike would you like to move in with me and spend all day cooking me things?
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would that mean I get to be a stay home mum

If so, then yes
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just always seem to be cooking things I like eating
I wish Laura would eat more stuff (TBF she's a lot better than she was) but means I don't get to eat much of the stuff I want to as I'd have to cook twice
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the exact same situation. I have moments where I will make something I love and let the girls fend for themselves. Or like with the pate, beckys dad wanted to try it, my parents always used to make it for christmas so I thought i'd give it a go.

I bought a book called simple to sensational, basically it gives you a boring meal and the amazing equivalent using only a couple of extra things. So becky finds the boring one she'd like, and then I have the more exciting one without having to do much extra. I find its cheaper to actually make stuff than just eat pre packed stuff, goes much further

Do you remember ages ago I posted this

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Dunno what to do tonight now, thats spurred me on a bit So difficult with becky as she hates:

Spicy food
Kidney Beans
Lamb
Beef
Duck, Pheasent
Most vegetables
Rice
Most types of potato (i.e. Jacket, Roast)
Baked beans/Anything with tomato in or on

Probably missed out shed loads but you get the idea !

I've now got her eating most garden veg, cauliflower, broccoli etc, Roast and Jacket potatoes....but thats about it
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I remember that, Laura's was similar but not quite as bad IIRC
We're a lot better than we used to be, seem to have stopped eating veg lately though
Laura eats most things now but she's still not a massive fan of meat. I've got an excuse to cook good things now though as Ella is having solids, so I've started blending her things.
Laura seems to be more interested in it now she's helping me cook things TBF. There's a new Jamie Oliver thing starting next week that I've told her she's got to watch. It's all 30 minute meals so she can start doing some of them

Neo

6th Oct 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw the advert but didnt think much of it, was a steak dish....which in all honesty wouldn't take 30 minutes as I'd just fry it for 1 1/2 minutes either side, then chuck it on a decent salad. Done.
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hadn't seen anything he was making but expected a bit more than that

:runs off to sky+ mobile app:
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Jamie Oliver shows how to make a home-cooked feast from scratch in the time it takes to heat up a ready meal. This time he's cooking piri piri chicken and quick Portugese tarts

Speaking of Jamie Oliver has anyone been watching his American Food Revolution? Fucking hell Americans are stupid
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time to go and sit on a HRMC helpline for hours
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they are, didnt know what a potatoe was

I was shocked.

And from the desciption it sounds better than the advert appeared, like I said, it was just cooking steak with a mixed salad and potatoe things.

Oh, an idea for your next curry night Joe, Tub of low fat yoghurt, some salad very finally chopped, pine nuts, pineapple, spinach very finally chopped...mix it all together with anything else you fancy. A really cooling and tasty curry cooler
Conway563

6th Oct 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not allowed to use a knife until they're 11
I now understand why they hold them like retards

Will give it a go, I need to get back into making currys properly instead of buying jars

Not sure if you've already seen this Mike but I found it quite interesting

Neo

6th Oct 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hadn't, thanks for the link
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Oct 10 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lunch time

Getting rather annoyed, bored and frustrated now as we are supposed to be all getting letters telling us if we're going to be redundant or not but they've not been round yet. Yesterday they were promising an email that was sent out at 20 to 6, after everyone had gone of course Coupled with our boss randomly having the afternoon off without saying anything and other directors being out all afternoon, the impressions being put across to us is that they're all a bunch of limp wristed pansy sniffing gaybos.

The way they're doing it is stupid though, if they just got everyone they had chosen in the meeting room and said they were being made redundant then that would be fine by me, at least you know where you stand straight away. But the way it's been handled everyone has been speculating since last Friday afternoon which has turned the atmosphere sour.

Tbh I think I'll probably be alright, but everyone has different theories and is trying to work out who might be going and all sorts because of the stupid management.

Attached to this email yesterday was a letter saying about basically we need to offload people for the company to keep going and a "selection matrix" that they made to score everyone and presumably people with the lowest scores are out.

It's utterly ridiculous and I'm getting fed up with it, why can't they just tell us

[/rant]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How cool would number 15 be to turn into a street racetrack
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Oct 10 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drifting competitions round number 26

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave the exact same thing happened when the company I used to work for went into liquidation and 25 people were made redundant (out of 50 staff thats a large amount ! )

What transpired was that a lot of the managers were made redundant and just left without informing the others.
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and you might find the matrix will work on not only your time with the company, experience, illness days etc but also your pay, obviously if your on x and someone else that does a similar job to you is on xx, that person will go and you'll be expected to pick up the work load.
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Oct 10 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we've got the matrix so can see the criteria Don't remember it saying about pay but you'd have thought that would come into it really.

Just spoken to one of the guys in my office that's out all day, he said he rang the office manager and she said that everyone will get an email saying yay or nay and to "read it very carefully", whatever that's supposed to mean. When we'll get this email is another matter though...

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Neo

6th Oct 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought it would have included pay....and I know about these things, I mean....Look at my name

Fingers crossed dave, not a good position to be in

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mornin 23 database queries in 0.0159929 seconds