corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Latest GT5 Vid - Nissan GTR in the rain

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Latest GT5 Vid - Nissan GTR in the rain
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Oct 10 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure why you would choose to drive in the rain?
Nath

User status: Offline
8th Oct 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might have real time weather enabled. Like some football games. If you play in Barcelona and it's raining in Barcelona, then it's also raining in your game.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Might have real time weather enabled. Like some football games. If you play in Barcelona and it's raining in Barcelona, then it's also raining in your game.

its not being confirmed but what has been confirmed is how the weather is generated, when you start a race there are certain factors like humidity etc that change during your race on the fly (i think its for endurance races only) and then it can rain or maybe stay dry you never know.

but im sure that for some races through the career you will have to do rain races like in GT4
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Not sure why you would choose to drive in the rain?

iv come to the conclusion that any game that is mass marketted for consoles will never be as simulation as id like
Nath

8th Oct 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're quick Steve I'll give you that.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is one of the best console sims iv found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUrHhqNDnUs

race pro, made by simbin who made gtr, so they have credible history, its not as polished as these main stream titles but the physics are brilliant
Nath

8th Oct 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Handling looks good from the vid. I'd even go as far as buying a car based on a youtube vid.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this game is only 6 quid now, going to get myself a copy as they have released spa on DLC for it
mwg

8th Oct 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

race pro, made by simbin who made gtr, so they have credible history, its not as polished as these main stream titles but the physics are brilliant

My iPhone has better graphics than that bag of wank.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and here is the main culprit of why racing games today are not realistic
mwg

8th Oct 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are you the main culprit?
John

8th Oct 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, after spending so much time fannying about on your real life car, why may I ask do you need a racing game to be as realistic as possible?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to try and find a preowned copy of race pro today
mwg

9th Oct 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my iPhone handles more realistic than your Puma
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

your fucking kidding me!

i played simbin games since they released FIA GT on the pc which was a mod for F1 99-02 and it was ok, GTR 1 was good but people found it too hard and then GTR2 was too easy..

all simbin titles lack decent physics apart from the last one evo and even that is nothing compared to the academy trail..
alan-g-w

9th Oct 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The physics in the OP look shit, that white Ferrari hangs in the air far to long from the wee hump.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really a wee hump tbh, if you played prologue you would see its a pretty big jump.
alan-g-w

9th Oct 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hm still seems to hang in the air too much. I've not played GT since the PS1 so can't really comment!
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYmiF9AEkbA&feature=related

watch at 2:50

[Edited on 09-10-2010 by chris_uk]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:

your fucking kidding me!

i played simbin games since they released FIA GT on the pc which was a mod for F1 99-02 and it was ok, GTR 1 was good but people found it too hard and then GTR2 was too easy..

all simbin titles lack decent physics apart from the last one evo and even that is nothing compared to the academy trail..

never played any of them, but the internet seems to confirm simbin physics are good.

besides if we are comparing physics in previous games from developers, lets assume the physics in GT5 will be crap based on what they were like in GT4
John

9th Oct 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what's happened here.

Steve's parents couldn't get him a playstation on launch day, so he's been stuck with the inferior console ever since.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:

your fucking kidding me!

never played any of them, but the internet seems to confirm simbin physics are good.

besides if we are comparing physics in previous games from developers, lets assume the physics in GT5 will be crap based on what they were like in GT4

well i have played every one of the simbin titles apart from any console varients and i can tell you now, they are not as good as the internet makes out.

live for speed is still the best in terms of physics, get the demo downloaded, (124mb) and try it out.

Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I know what's happened here.

Steve's parents couldn't get him a playstation on launch day, so he's been stuck with the inferior console ever since.

do you want me to throw an xbox controller at your face?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats Rfactor like?
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Oct 10 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
whats Rfactor like?

rfactor is ok, id say it was better than the simbin titles, but in honesty i havent spent that much time with it, the reason being you have to mod the shit out of the ame before you find something that you are happy with.

i was going to re-download the game and give it a try with the new clio mod and see how that was, but for some reason i never got on with the game but i cant tell you why.

its been about a year since i tried it out.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll