corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 20xe bhp

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe bhp
Lee Wilson

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck knows Was out of a 93 calibra on 60k? Couple of breathing mods and some dodgy rollers maybe?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good exhaust system and intake system makes all the difference.
And if the donor cars been looked after your going to have a healthier engine.
Crana

3rd Nov 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I"m just on a standard airbox and 2.25 sportex exhaust.. engine has 210PSI per pot and seems very healthy
Mieran

3rd Nov 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Restrictive 1.4 airbox
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My XE that was running like a bag of shite, misfiring with the worlds biggest flatspots, and a 1.4 Exhaust with a fucked cat made 143bhp/141lb ft torque.
dale87

3rd Nov 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got to laugh at these standard xe's making near 170 bhp with just a filter and exhaust.

Mine is fully rebuilt with 86.5 pistons, ported head with kent ast1612 cams and all kent parts used for top end build, adjustable fpr, decat, arp rod bolts, dastek piggyback ecu and not forgetting my exhaust and pipercross cone filter and mine only made 165bhp at the fly and 125bhp at the wheels but I had over 160lbft of torque?? That was at aldon automotive. I believe mine to be a pretty accurate readout given the spec.

Like nic says no rollers are exact but 169bhp from a 20+year old engine with a filter can't be right surely?
Mieran

3rd Nov 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regardless of the figure that engine is very strong.

It was in my Nova and it had no problem keeping up with cars that had twice the numbers.

I think I rather have something that works with 142bhp than a XE with 143 that misfires and has flat spots.

[Edited on 03-11-2010 by Mieran]
Crana

3rd Nov 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale87
I've got to laugh at these standard xe's making near 170 bhp with just a filter and exhaust.

Mine is fully rebuilt with 86.5 pistons, ported head with kent ast1612 cams and all kent parts used for top end build, adjustable fpr, decat, arp rod bolts, dastek piggyback ecu and not forgetting my exhaust and pipercross cone filter and mine only made 165bhp at the fly and 125bhp at the wheels but I had over 160lbft of torque?? That was at aldon automotive. I believe mine to be a pretty accurate readout given the spec.

Like nic says no rollers are exact but 169bhp from a 20+year old engine with a filter can't be right surely?

Thank god someone that talks sense

and I've beat

2 other redtop corsas
306gti-6
1.8t Golf
1.8v-tec civic
3 saxo vts 2 were modded with good spec
And pissed a m3 off to 100mph so I don't think its unhealthy

[Edited on 03-11-2010 by Crana]
Lee Wilson

3rd Nov 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was surprised when mine ran 169 to say the least. Even if it is an over reading, which it probably is, it just proves to me it's a healthy engine. Providing it drives well enough I couldn't give a fuck
dale87

3rd Nov 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats my point. take any rolling road run with a pinch of salt but it can be a good indication of a healthy engine from the readouts.

a mate once put his punto gt turbo on some rollers with 18 psi pumping through it and it made 138 at the fly, basically standard figures but the graph was all over the place and he found faults he wouldn't of looked for without the power run.
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
Regardless of the figure that engine is very strong.

It was in my Nova and it had no problem keeping up with cars that had twice the numbers.

I think I rather have something that works with 142bhp than a XE with 143 that misfires and has flat spots.

[Edited on 03-11-2010 by Mieran]

The flatspots were due to the misfire When running well, it ran really well. I wouldn't believe it would keep up with cars with over 280bhp though unless they were 4x4's
Crana

3rd Nov 10 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates 1.4 sport that had been rebuilt made 90bhp with re-profiled, chip and a raised limiter on the same rollers at college
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have faith that the rollers i used are fairly accurate.
Standard cars making standard power.

I did doubt dastek in Hillington when my 1.2 made 93 brake.

It's an age old argument though, readouts will vary, some dynos will have better fans etc.

Crana

3rd Nov 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXCNRtG41_Q

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by Crana]
Havoc
Banned

4th Nov 10 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20XE's were 156 C20XE's were 150 or so the story goes, its obviously down on power but as said its over 20 years old so i wouldnt be complaining.
Corsa_Sport21

4th Nov 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i too wouldnt worry to much as long as it goes alright on the road and revs free and hard.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I would be

he only done one run... i bet it would have got better if he done a few more runs on the dyno..?
+ i dont no what the big fuss is all about to be honest its a standard,fit c20xe..imo.

i also had a qwick go of this tonight never held back,spluttered once no flat spots ..very fit valver!

143.6bhp out of a 24 year old engine isnt bad at all and the fact its not in a corsa and not a astra gte.. the kids 18 year old and done all the work to his car he even fitted the engine himself!

well done little bro keep it up am sure a good map and proper filter and sort your exhaust out be easy back up to 150bhp+

wait till you sell your other car and cash is heading your way get your self some new goodies for it
Eck
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why one run? People keep mentioning how old it is, but how many miles has it done?
Crana

4th Nov 10 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Why one run? People keep mentioning how old it is, but how many miles has it done?

Unknown mileage
Eck
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously mileage could affect its performance too. Tbh, peak bhp is pub talk. As long as the graph is smooth and it feels good then that's all that matters. But I don't believe that all engines should lose quite a bit of power "because they are old!"
Crana

4th Nov 10 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Obviously mileage could affect its performance too. Tbh, peak bhp is pub talk. As long as the graph is smooth and it feels good then that's all that matters. But I don't believe that all engines should lose quite a bit of power "because they are old!"

I'm planning on getting;

Chip
some sort of cams
enlarged tb
maybe a power flow full system with my bouns
and a good induction system
philip2

4th Nov 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

it should be making more than 165 then lol. ive built an xe with just a ported head, superchip and decat made 180bhp and 184bhp on 2 different rolling roads 150miles apart too. also recently had a stock xe that i rebuilt make 177bhp@fly.

aldon automotive have your pants down and are wank at setting cars up...FACT. a lad with a 106 had his car at aldon made 140 odd bhp, ended up going onto dta and made over 170bhp from a silly built 1.4 16v because aldon did a shit job with mapping or whatever they attempted to do. you should be near 180-185bhp on that spec. easy tbh even stock cams work up to around 180bhp ish as proved.

no rolling road is right tbh as long as stick to the same one the only real benefit is seeing what each mod does to the engine. numbers are also nice but they are pub talk.

oh and a lads just had an xe on the roller 161bhp at wheels on carbs and the engines internally is stock. xes make best power around 60k mark as there properly run in.

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by philip2]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 20xe bhp 22 database queries in 0.0190051 seconds