corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » OTT?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author OTT?
Ben G

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't believe this sad moron actually joined to post

brilliant.

while i agree sitting on your brake pedal at traffic lights is annoying, turning your dipped beam off will only attract attention from the ''rozzers'' so it's not exactly smart is it?

and how do you know that car with it's hazards on (micra?) wasn't broke down?

yes, some drivers are bad, so tell them to their face.

don't hide behind your windscreen doing the straight forward stare and poicemans shuffle. confront them like dominic littlewood and have it out.
gardenspoon

23rd Apr 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Joining a forum is hardly difficult ... although being a 'sad moron' is probably what is needed...

quote:
while i agree sitting on your brake pedal at traffic lights is annoying, turning your dipped beam off will only attract attention from the ''rozzers'' so it's not exactly smart is it?

Parking does not require the use of lights, the police are not going to give you a ticking-off for not having your lights on - where did you get that idea from? Dipped lights are angled to the left, this is so you don't dazzle oncoming traffic, if you are parked on the wrong side your lights are aimed into the oncoming traffic - making it illegal! Have you never taken a car for an MoT?

Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, it's illegal to park facing into traffic at night?
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going to be a long thread, no need to be abusive towards the guy though

welcome to the site.
Lawrah
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its like watching old school Police Camera Action, without all the Fords.
gardenspoon

23rd Apr 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Technically, yes. Although most coppers wouldn't bother to do anything about it, although I did hear of a case where all the cars parked on the wrong side of the street recieved tickets. More than anything it is unecessary and quite ignorant.

I see there are a few members here that don't need to be abusive to feel good about themselves - that's a relief ... hello.
AlunJ

23rd Apr 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I believe it's actually illegal full stop, at least it is in my copy of the highway code, admittedly out of date. It's one of those rules nobody really seems to give a toss about.

[Edited on 23-04-2011 by AlunJ]
Lawrah
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello.
AlunJ

23rd Apr 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

23rd Apr 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gardenspoon
quote:

Joining a forum is hardly difficult ... although being a 'sad moron' is probably what is needed...

quote:

Parking does not require the use of lights, the police are not going to give you a ticking-off for not having your lights on - where did you get that idea from? Dipped lights are angled to the left, this is so you don't dazzle oncoming traffic, if you are parked on the wrong side your lights are aimed into the oncoming traffic - making it illegal! Have you never taken a car for an MoT?

you aren't parked whilst waiting behind a car at traffic lights though, are you? so therefore in that instance i would expect they would pull you over.

i can personally think of better things to do with my spare time then to trawl through hours and hours of footage and edit as necessary.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't know it was illegal! Welcome btw
Lawrah
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul!!!
Ps, Did your egg grown into a chicken ?

[Edited on 23-04-2011 by Lawrah]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf I do agree with most of what was said in the video but I just tend to resort to swearing and waving my arms about. Unfortunately though, the issue is usually the driver's ignorance, proved by the number of times I find myself ranting to another driver about some part of their driving which gets met with a blank expression obviously showing that they haven't got a clue that they're doing anything wrong so making a video is probably just as in vain but wastes more time

[Edited on 23-04-2011 by Mike B]
Ben G

23rd Apr 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true mike. most people don't actually realise they are doing anything wrong and will never know until a much harder driving test/driving competency test comes into force.

younger drivers i find are usually more knowledgeable than the older generation.
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, a lot of people become more complacent the longer they spend on the roads, I'd say there was a direct correlation between age and the amount of bad driving I find myself noticing. That's not just talking about pensioners too, I know they're often mentioned but there's a whole kind of 'process' leading up to that point where driving seems to slowly deteriorate in some people.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

brilliant.

and how do you know that car with it's hazards on (micra?) wasn't broke down?

yes, some drivers are bad, so tell them to their face.

don't hide behind your windscreen doing the straight forward stare and poicemans shuffle. confront them like dominic littlewood and have it out.

Im sure in the IAM test they tell you to have your hand brake on and keep you foot on the brake pedal too.
Ben G

23rd Apr 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah

Paul!!!
Ps, Did your egg grown into a chicken ?

[Edited on 23-04-2011 by Lawrah]

Marksports father?
Lawrah
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O M G.
gardenspoon

23rd Apr 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

you aren't parked whilst waiting behind a car at traffic lights though, are you? so therefore in that instance i would expect they would pull you over.

i can personally think of better things to do with my spare time then to trawl through hours and hours of footage and edit as necessary.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, I am talking about parked cars not stationary and waiting to go. Cars parked outside the chip shop on the wrong side with lights left on, that sort of thing.

Anyway, as far as better things to do with time, maybe you are right, but then I'd rather spend a couple of hours making a video than spending the same amount of time watching football or some vacuous reality-TV nonsense, or playing a computer game.
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paulsport?
gardenspoon

23rd Apr 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to say thanks to the members here that are saying hello, sorry I've burst in with a rant.

Also, good to see some of you with some decent arguments. I agree about skills often diminishing as the driver gets older, in fact I think I made that point in the video...
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, I am talking about parked cars not stationary and waiting to go. Cars parked outside the chip shop on the wrong side with lights left on, that sort of thing.

Anyway, as far as better things to do with time, maybe you are right, but then I'd rather spend a couple of hours making a video than spending the same amount of time watching football or some vacuous reality-TV nonsense, or playing a computer game.

Ben was referring to the the bright brake lights part where you said you sometimes turn your dipped beam off. If a police car was to drive passed, they would notice and may feel they need to have a chat with you as to why you haven't got your lights on
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would like to say thanks to the members here that are saying hello, sorry I've burst in with a rant.

Also, good to see some of you with some decent arguments. I agree about skills often diminishing as the driver gets older, in fact I think I made that point in the video...

We love a good debate on here that's for sure
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Apr 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cars parked outside the chip shop on the wrong side with lights left on
If you feel so strongly, go in the chip shop and tell the guy.

Being passive agreesive on the internet is pointless.

Have you ever actually called anyone any names or do you just come home and edit that day's video while counting to 10 and stroking your forehead.
gardenspoon

23rd Apr 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B

Ben was referring to the the bright brake lights part where you said you sometimes turn your dipped beam off. If a police car was to drive passed, they would notice and may feel they need to have a chat with you as to why you haven't got your lights on

Oh I see. Yes, then they might be curious. I only ever switch them off for a second of two though, and although it hasn't been a particular success - a couple of times they have taken the hint.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » OTT? 22 database queries in 0.0170538 seconds