corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS
SXIBLK

User status: Offline
11th Nov 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP brave people
nathy_87

11th Nov 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i think within 10yrs people/youth won't really consider it important, it will be out of living memory and start to be forgotten about

Which is real shame tbh, all those peple that lost their lives for the scum that's around now.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
What I'm saying is, is the Asian people of this land don't care about what our forefathers done to keep this Island free.

They would do well to remember that the British Empire at the time probably included their own forefathers.

Although it is Pakis that don't give a shit, Indian soldiers paid their part. I'm not sure where Pakistan stood during WW2. Probably on the corner

I don't think Pakistan existed during WW2, at least not during the beginning of it anyway.

I don't think it's right to tar all people with a background from one particular country with the same brush - younger generations of Asians (as with White people) aren't particularly patriotic or GAF about patriotism as much as their parents/grandparents do.

As you know I spent a large part of my life living in Slough so it's not like I'm talking as a "do-gooder" that speaks simply of what I see on TV or read in The Sun etc. I've had these people as neighbours and friends etc. and yes SOME Asians/Pakistanis/whatever don't give a shit about much, but that doesn't apply across the board to ALL people.

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by Sam]
Whittie

11th Nov 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had some cunts at my door reading the bible to me. Some people need to get a grip.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Just had some cunts at my door reading the bible to me. Some people need to get a grip.

You should have invited them in and offer to sell them some of your stuff. Never pass on a sales opportunity!
ste_p23

11th Nov 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God bless
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL

who just saw the coverage of the silence on this morning, they flicked all around the country, everyone in silence, then up comes colchester, essex, and a bunch of troops are stood there talking away major cock-up
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

11th Nov 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

You should have invited them in and offer to sell them some of your stuff. Never pass on a sales opportunity!

Had some bacon cooking for a sandwich, If I had time I would have let them talk shit to me for an hour, and them tell them that they had just completely wasted an hour
Kerry

11th Nov 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
FLOL

who just saw the coverage of the silence on this morning, they flicked all around the country, everyone in silence, then up comes colchester, essex, and a bunch of troops are stood there talking away major cock-up

I saw that too!!
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:
FLOL

I saw that too!!

i imagine someone is getting shouted at quite loudly right now
Russ

11th Nov 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was quite, as I'm sat her by myself, but i didnt mean to be :/

RIP to the people who fought and died in the world wars
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was silent, thinking of my great grandfather and great grandmother, Frank Crowe died age 38 in 1918, he was part of the the 5th Bn Tank Corps and my great grandmother was killed in WW2 when the house she was in was hit by a V1, also killing my auntie who was a toddler at the time.

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by Ojc]
morpheus22

11th Nov 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
FLOL

i was like oooooops and i think there major said is it 11 and they went silent. allthough they cut to meadowhall before and some little cunt was screaming
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I was silent, thinking of my great grandfather and great grandmother, Frank Crowe died age 38 in 1918, he was part of the the 5th Bn Tank Corps and my great grandmother was killed in WW2 when the house she was in was hit by a V1, also killing my auntie who was a toddler at the time.

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by Ojc]

Great Grandfather Arthur Rushton died 22 November 1915 on the western front (France & Flanders) Army Cyclist Corp - 31 year old.

Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to know how my great grandfather came to being in tanks, you had to be quite well thought of to get into them.

Must have been a good soldier.
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oliver, where was he from?
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barking Essex

78285, 5th Bn., Tank Corps
who died age 38
on 16 April 1918
Son of Mrs. L. Crowe, of 6c, Polygon Buildings, Clarendon Square, Somers Town, London; husband of Beatrice Mary Crowe, of 31a, Harrow Rd., Barking, Essex.
Remembered with honour
PLOEGSTEERT MEMORIAL

Regiment/Service: Tank Corps
Unit Text: 5th Bn.
Date of Death: 16/04/1918
Service No: 78285

Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this was weird reading this.

I bet he died with my great grandfather

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61276

Hello,
I have had for many years now a pair of dogtags named to a member of the HBMGC. I bought them in a second hand shop in Perth when I was about 12. It turns out that the chap named on the tags had been a Cameron Highlander who had transferred to the MGC's then the Tank Corps. He died of wounds in April 1918, he was a Sergeant with the 5th battalion Tank Corps at the time. Does anyone know what this unit was up to in April 1918? This chap was awarded the MSM after his death
Any information would be greatly appreciated. His name was William McGregor Peattie.
Regards,
Stewart

Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bingo, the day my great grandfather died.

On 16/04/18, a platoon or section of the 5th battalion (who had lost their tanks in the retreat) was holding a part of a switch line SE of Meteren along with some NZ troops and other scattered battalions. A German battalion advanced to the North of Meteren and another to the south, effectively cutting off their retreat. A third battalion went straight at them and they tried to get to a farm to the east of the town, but the Germans were already there. The Lewis gunners opened fire on the farm, but the gunners were all lost. Only a second leutenant was captured and repatriated after the war. His story is recorded and I have seen it recently. There are 6 unidentified graves in a war cemetary at Meteren. Your guy may be one of them.
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nevermind then, just had a quick look for you for some more info, looks like you already have it

I think he was Formerly 6990, County Of London Regiment.

His rolll Card (if you don't have it)

Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That has brought a tear to my eye, how did you find that out? I've been trying for years to find out more info.

Amazing
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always happy to help mate
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any idea what County of London regiment he was in?

http://www.1914-1918.net/london.htm
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is that bit under medal?

TC101 B4?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS 22 database queries in 0.0151229 seconds