corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Premier League Managers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Premier League Managers
Tom

User status: Offline
6th Jan 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
At the same time, whoever was to succeed Woy, they will still have the same players which in truth is a bag of shit.

We need some new players, absolutely, but the players we have aren't playing in a system that suits them. Our squad is not the 8th worst in the league, that's just not true.

Players like Huth, Carlton Cole etc might suit Hodgson's archaic system better but they aren't going to improve us, which is why we need a progressive manager, direction, backing and time.

Look at Ancelotti's post match interview last night and compare it to the shite roy has been spouting and it tells you all you need to know about roy's opinion of roy and roy's 'vision' of modern football.
Tommy L

6th Jan 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You certainly don't have the 8th worst in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYO3qdFnhg
Ben J

6th Jan 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hodgson gone.

You heard it here first.

He was driven to Anfield this morning. He's blatently been called in by the owners.

Nath

6th Jan 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Hodgson gone.

You heard it here first.

He was driven to Anfield this morning. He's blatently been called in by the owners.

This news is so unexpected!
Tommy L

6th Jan 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm surprised not one of the four front runners have gone yet tbh
Tommy L

6th Jan 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strick206

6th Jan 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I can't 'hope' for us to get beat, especially against Man U that would be just wrong. Realistically Roy is a dead man walking and a couple of weeks in a season where he's already turned us into a laughing stock isn't going to make much difference. As frustrated as I am about the damage he's still inflicting on the club that I love (I can't even bear to watch his interviews anymore) I can see why the owners don't want to take the decision atm. We just need a 'football man' in the CEO seat and some proper direction.

They'll beat us on sunday, you watch, it will be their cup final

Now come on Tom, you was a laughing stock last year, this season has just followed on from that, no squad can be expected to challenge the top 8 when you're second best striker is David N'Gog, and even more so when you're main striker is out of form and injured alot, it just isn't going to happen no matter who they bring in
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I can't 'hope' for us to get beat, especially against Man U that would be just wrong. Realistically Roy is a dead man walking and a couple of weeks in a season where he's already turned us into a laughing stock isn't going to make much difference. As frustrated as I am about the damage he's still inflicting on the club that I love (I can't even bear to watch his interviews anymore) I can see why the owners don't want to take the decision atm. We just need a 'football man' in the CEO seat and some proper direction.

Now come on Tom, you was a laughing stock last year, this season has just followed on from that, no squad can be expected to challenge the top 8 when you're second best striker is David N'Gog, and even more so when you're main striker is out of form and injured alot, it just isn't going to happen no matter who they bring in
surely your main striker is out of form and injured a lot
strick206

6th Jan 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

You on about United's main striker? If so, i think you'll find our second striker is top goalscorer in the league ATM, and slightly better than N'Gog, then add Hernandez, who is also better than N'Gog
Rick Draper

6th Jan 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Hodgson gone.

You heard it here first.

He was gone last night. Probably went to training ground to negotiate compensation and confidentiality agreement.
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You on about United's main striker? If so, i think you'll find our second striker is top goalscorer in the league ATM, and slightly better than N'Gog, then add Hernandez, who is also better than N'Gog
i never mentioned Berba.

was just saying about main striker
strick206

6th Jan 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i never mentioned Berba.

was just saying about main striker

Little different though isn't in, when we have cover for him
strick206

6th Jan 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torres has 6
Gerrard has 4
Maxi has 3
Kuyt has 3
Ngog has 2

No team can compete with goalscoring like that
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STRICK CALM THE FUCK DOWN!

i said "surely your main striker is out of form and injured a lot"

i never said, "Ngog is a powerhouse and berbatov and hernandez will be forever in his shadow"
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

6th Jan 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We seem pretty well covered in the striking/goal scoring department this season as in they are actually stepping up to the mark when Rooney isn't unlike last season.

Plus we have other options for the future with Welbeck who has found really good form with Sunderland, Mame Diouf hasn't had a bad season for Blackburn so far and Tom Cleverley seems to have an eye for goal too. Lots of what are looking like quality options/back up now
strick206

6th Jan 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i never said, "Ngog is a powerhouse and berbatov and hernandez will be forever in his shadow"

You just realised your point was stupid then have you?

I'm very calm, sat back with my feet up watching liverpool internally combust, no matter who is at the helm
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You just realised your point was stupid then have you?

I'm very calm, sat back with my feet up watching liverpool internally combust, no matter who is at the helm
I think you have realised that i was not criticising what you said, i agree with every word, but after me pointing this out to you, you're trying to make me out to be a cotton headed ninny muggins
strick206

6th Jan 11 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

6th Jan 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

calm your passions
Tom

6th Jan 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Remind me what strikers we had at the club when we pushed you for the title in 08/09? Robbie Keane was in the mix for a few months but he was a complete failure, other than than andrey voronin?

If we finished 7th last year because Rafa was shite (which seems to be the consensus amongst non LFC fans) then why can't roy get us to win more than one game away from home in the league in 10 attempts, infact he's collected 5 points for us out of a possible 30 so far away from home.

There were many failings of the previous regime, alot of which was overseen/prompted from Christian Purslow's banker (come football manager) brain and some of which were mistakes from benitez and co but that doesn't explain us sitting in 12th right now.

Did roy buy poulsen and konchesky? Yes he did.

[Edited on 06-01-2011 by Tom]
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and that raul merieles dude for silly money
Tom

6th Jan 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
and that raul merieles dude for silly money

He's done ok to be fair to him and whoever brought him in

Tommy L

6th Jan 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't the poulsen deal already arranged before Woy?
Tom

6th Jan 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Wasn't the poulsen deal already arranged before Woy?

No, Roy managed Poulsen at Copenhagan and thought he would be a replacement for Mascherano/Aquilani. Whatever you might think about Aquilani, (he's running the Juve midfield this season) to send him on loan to Juve with an option to buy for £12m and then pay £5m for a 30 year old Poulsen who's been past his best since he was at Sevilla was one of the worst decisions he's made.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Premier League Managers 23 database queries in 0.0148962 seconds