corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Extinguisher student locked up

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Extinguisher student locked up
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jan 11 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not being leniant; I am fully aware of the severity of what he did but I think time could be better spent than being a financial burden on the burgeoning prison system. Enforced, unpaid National Service or community service with curfews would be better punishments. Prison in cat c or d as he will be is not Punishment enough

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by LiVe LeE]
Ste
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We don't have National Service in this country so what's the point even suggesting it? He is going to jail. That's the law. Hope the prick gets bummed daily.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Dom

11th Jan 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Deserves longer tbh. The little twat endangered peoples lives with a deadly weapon. Would you all be so lean on scrotes throwing bricks off motorway bridges onto passing cars? I don't fucking think so.

This crime is at the other end of the scale when you look at cases like >this< and >this<. And there's tens if not hundreds more like this.
The punishment clearly doesn't fit the crime, yet he's been made an example of all the riots. All this has done is highlight what a shambles our criminal justice system is.

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by Dom]
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knwo we don't - I'm saying we should. Enforced service would be far better punishment and create more reformed characters at the end of the term of service
Ste
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a proven fact that drafted soldiers are basically shite. Look at Iraq, Falklands wars. all the conscripts just surrender as soon as any fighting starts.

Let's face it, the problem isn't the fact he got the book thrown at him, it is that others haven't.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My problem is that the book doesn't teach him anything. I'm not arguing severity of sentence per crime, mroe the flawas in the punishment system. Too many rights in prison nowadays; the right to Vote? what's that all about. Civil liberties should be removed.

send them in to designated jobs; not frontline fighting - clear up operations; low end jobs; in field catering - there are dozens of none-fighting roles that could be filled but the full extent of a warzone be realised - military training would instill more discipline than any stay in prison.

OR

military style prisons/detainment.

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by LiVe LeE]
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its basically intent to murder

If i went round town with a loaded shotgun. pointing it at people, but not actually killing anyone, its exactly the same thing
ed

11th Jan 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps if he had smashed a window or done something petty, but he threw a heavy object off of the 7th floor into a crowd of people. Custodial sentence is right, community sentence would have outraged a lot of people.
Ste
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get me started on prisons, I know they are a load of shit. If I had my way they would be hot bedding. instantly triple the room available in prison by 3 people sharing a bed and getting 8 hours each to sleep. The other 16 hours would be spent in a chain gang, a guard with a shotgun keeping watch whilst the prisoners worked. menial tasks like painting fences and gardening for the elderly. If they try and escape, they get shot. Obviously certain prisoners wouldn't be able to do it and they can stay in solitary. The extra cost of the guards and transport is met by the reduced cost to society of jailing them and the work they do in the community.

Ste W for President

RichR
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's the point I'm making Ste but maybe from a different angle - The prison system needs to be reviewed.
Dr Pepper

11th Jan 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seem to think more people in prison or harder prison times means less crime? It doesnt, America proves this. Our prisons are so shit its almost pointless sending people to them unless they are too dangerous to be on the streets .... I would favour a more military style of prison - not just as a punishment - but because the military is very good at giving tear aways structure, discipline and sense of purpose... often people with shit parents do great in the military becuase you are part of something, people care about you, even if you are shouted at all day long. Locking people up, letting them get drugs easy and play table tennis is not really helping anyone who goes in there.

I would rather not have my taxes used to keep this fucking moron in jail .... I would rather he got fined multiple thousands and had to do two years community service - he endangered the community - make him help it aout for a couple of years by cleaning shit up or something.

He got lucky, he missed, there is no victim involved here - using tax payers money to send the little scrote to prison is pointles - they are just making an example

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Half Pint

11th Jan 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think how much the little tossers is going to cost being in there for 2 years...

Should have been community service for 2 years
Nath

11th Jan 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chain gangs FTW
All Torque

11th Jan 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

For all we know he could be a straight A student studying to become a doctor....

LOOOOOOOOOL

Seriously, did you see the photo of him?
alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

32 fucking months for throwing a fire extinguisher off a building. I agree he needed punished but 6 months would have done it. 32 months is just too much, all it's going to do is make him think too much about how to exact his revenge on society.

I'm all for him being punished but a big lump of comunity service would have sufficed. More than 2.5 years in prison is a joke, what did he even get charged with? imo the only reason he got so long was the fact that the thing landed next to a group of police officers. If it had been caught on tape landing next to a group of average joes he'd get nowhere near that.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

attempted murder, or attempted manslaughter, as thats what it is
alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can they prove he was trying to kill someone? And is there any such thing as attempted manslaughter?
ed

11th Jan 11 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't just throw it off a building though. He threw it into a crowd and at a group of police officers, this is where the difference is.
alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point, but to charge someone with attempt murder do you not need to prove they were attempting to murder someone? He could claim he was just doing it to be a cunt, cause a bit of trouble.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
How can they prove he was trying to kill someone? And is there any such thing as attempted manslaughter?

what did he think would happen throwing a lethal object from a height into a crowd of people?

actually you answer the question, what would you think would happen?

what would you call someone with a gun firing into a group of people and it happening to miss?

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by Steve]
alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't start comparing this to someone firing a gun into a crowd for fuck's sake please.

I understand what he's literally done. But uness he's attempted to kill someone on purpose how can he be charged with attempted murder?
Dom

11th Jan 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
attempted murder, or attempted manslaughter, as thats what it is

Violent disorder and attempted murder/manslaughter are not the same

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
...the only reason he got so long was the fact that the thing landed next to a group of police officers. If it had been caught on tape landing next to a group of average joes he'd get nowhere near that.

Completely agree with you there. I don't think this would have even seen the light of day if the extinguisher landed near a load of students.
Rich H

11th Jan 11 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does a fire extinguisher explode if it hits the ground when dropped / thrown from that sort of height?!
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it pre-meditated? that's the difference between Murder and Manslaughter. Did he pre-plan throwing the extinguisher or was it a heat of the moment decision. Why am I getting into it? I don't really care to be honest

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Extinguisher student locked up 23 database queries in 0.0186250 seconds