corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » postcode lottery.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author postcode lottery.
mike56gte

User status: Offline
13th Jan 11 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
So I haven't even got to play asking as some other gullible cunt does ordering leaflets for neighbours

lol no you have to pay the £2!!!
Russ

13th Jan 11 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also my moms street has like 150 houses on one postcode. 20k each would be 3 million, so 300,000 people would need to be paying a tenner a week..

I think your wrong mate :-|

[Edited on 13-01-2011 by Russ]
Russ

13th Jan 11 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cancel your direct debit mate.
mike56gte

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Also my moms street has like 150 houses on one postcode. 20k each would be 3 million, so 30,000 people would need to be paying a tenner a week..

I think your wrong mate :-|

have a look at the website mate it explains all and the chances of all 150 actually entering it are unlikely
Russ

Why? In holland 40% of the country play?
Lawrah
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 02:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a load of fucking shite, Why do people do these things. Just because that poofy wank comes on your tv screen saying you could win lots of money and have a happy street party, does not mean it will happen. Dont be such a fucking idiot.

[Edited on 13-01-2011 by Lawrah]
mike56gte

13th Jan 11 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i am wrong think the money does get split.

i know one of the women that won in this draw, there is a video of them winning.

they won 30k between 3 people.

http://www.postcodelottery.com/DrawResults/RecentWinners/KY103ATCellardyke23September2010.htm

[Edited on 13-01-2011 by mike56gte]
Lawrah
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 02:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here http://www.postcodelottery.com/Organisation/TC.htm
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 11 at 02:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a bit of a lottery.
mike56gte

13th Jan 11 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Sounds like a bit of a lottery.

just a bit. lol
LeeM

13th Jan 11 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a con to me
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Its a load of fucking shite, Why do people do these things. Just because that poofy wank comes on your tv screen saying you could win lots of money and have a happy street party, does not mean it will happen. Dont be such a fucking idiot.

Speak your mind Lawrah
alan-g-w

13th Jan 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It's no where near as bad as you're making it out to be. I was considering it but decided I can't be arsed betting a tenner every month on it. I know a couple of people that do it and tbh the fact that hardly anyone plays it means if your PC gets selected you stand a good chance of getting all the cash. Much better odds than the national lottery that some people would spend more than a tenner a month on anyway.

Ian, in regards to the set out of postcodes and stuff. My street shares the same one, whenever I put my PC into an online form it asks me what number it is and my whole street would be listed.
ed

13th Jan 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
1 postcode usually covers 1 street

There are two postcodes for the building I live in, the previous one had three.
Paul_J

13th Jan 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
i watched a video on the site where 3 people in a postcode won the 10k draw and each person got 10k

Probably actors.

The problem with a postcode lottery, is that they probably could pull any postcode out of the hat, even ones where people haven't entered the draw. Therefore the chance of them having to pay out even if they do it fairly is low.

If they have a small number of people playing - then only a few of the many postcodes are covered and therefore the risk of paying out is low.

If they have a large number of people playing - then there's a large coverage of many of the postcodes, but they will be receiving a lot more money from players - therefore the risk is still low for them to operate.

Butler

13th Jan 11 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think about it. You play it for a year, not likely in that time you will win in fairness, but when you think about youve spent £120 that year. Surely youre better putting a tenner aside each month then 'rewarding' yourself at the end of the year!
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two of my mum's neighbours won, Margaret Gray won £20000.00 and Siria Haig £5000 !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfg2Pl_9WzQ
alan-g-w

13th Jan 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How gutted would you be to win a quarter of what someone else got for the exact same thing
DaveyLC

13th Jan 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Not particularly fair as the number of residences per postcode can vary between 1 and over 50, not sure how they unpick that.

Are you infering that it might be some kind of money making scam?? SURELY NOT
ed

13th Jan 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Think about it. You play it for a year, not likely in that time you will win in fairness, but when you think about youve spent £120 that year. Surely youre better putting a tenner aside each month then 'rewarding' yourself at the end of the year!

That's not what poor people do though. This is, after all, the sort of thing that pikeys get up to.
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked into this once. Most of the people winning seem to be from up north/Scotland, and only one person in MK or somewhere like that won down south!
mattfiesta

13th Jan 11 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So on their website is a list full of postcodes of winners and even videos on youtube showing the exact houses? How many of these people have been burgled after winning?
Lawrah
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

It's no where near as bad as you're making it out to be. I was considering it but decided I can't be arsed betting a tenner every month on it. I know a couple of people that do it and tbh the fact that hardly anyone plays it means if your PC gets selected you stand a good chance of getting all the cash. Much better odds than the national lottery that some people would spend more than a tenner a month on anyway.

Ian, in regards to the set out of postcodes and stuff. My street shares the same one, whenever I put my PC into an online form it asks me what number it is and my whole street would be listed.

Utter baws.
alan-g-w

13th Jan 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pure fanny.

Your turn?
Lawrah
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jobbie face.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » postcode lottery. 22 database queries in 0.0140240 seconds