corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Supercharged 1993 Eunos Roadster S-Special - Small Video added

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Supercharged 1993 Eunos Roadster S-Special - Small Video added
Rob E

User status: Offline
8th Jun 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time for another small update

The supercharger is now installed along with the TDR heat shield. I need to make some modifications to the intake tract BUT we managed to piece it together enough to spin up the supercharger. Now I've heard the thing spin up I'm more determine to finish it!

Excuse the picture quality, it was getting dark and only had my phone to hand

Also took some videos...

<

And then has some fun

daymoon
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at the leaf blower
Rob E

10th Feb 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About time I blew the dust of this thread really isn't it!

Well I've been running the supercharger for 6 months now and it hasn't missed a beat :goodjob: I'm still on the basic bipes/JR AFPR and despite the internet telling me to avoid this setup, it has performed faultlessly and providing I drive sensibly the fuel economy has been just as good as when it was N/A. However, I have acquired a megasquirt ECU which will be fitted around easter I hope. I had a crack over Xmas but some hold ups put a stop to that

eBay bargain with added bonus of Roadster compatible harness plug

Modified for mx5 use -

Kitchen table/workbench (thanks mum!)

Before installing it, I had to get my Wideband plugged in...This turned out to be a 3day nightmate with a rounded O2 sensor and snapped manifold bolts slowing down progress. I don't have the right facilities to remove studs at my parents house (why didn't I wait until I got back to Swansea!?) so a trip to a local engineering company sorted these problems out for me :goodjob:

This has to be the thing I miss the most when I'm away from home. Gutted I have nowhere safe to keep it in Swansea

Start of opening a tin of worms...

The culprits

But, all came good in the end - I managed to get it idling on the megasquirt. This called for a video

Another long awaited job I have done is replace the CAS oil seal and rocker cover gasket

Start

During

Problem

Now the big one! My sills have been letting the look of my car down for the past couple of years, and tommorrow it is finally going to have them sorted properly These lovely looking items turned up today -

Sills

Arches

I will hopefully update within the next week with some fresh looking sills. Once they are done, I'm hoping it will convince me to finally install my OEM front and rear lips and Feed style skirts

Thanks for reading

[Edited on 10-02-2012 by Rob E]
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

superchargers are cool

can you hear the whine much?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have that wheel polishing kit.
eBay special and works extremely well.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Rob E

10th Feb 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was really pleased with the polishing results, it came up a treat. The yellow compound used as a final stage polish really makes them shine

This is the only video I have of the Noise. It's pulling through 4th into 5th

[Edited on 10-02-2012 by Rob E]
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a slightly lower tone than mine i think, mines slightly higher pitched probably because im using a tiny pulley.

good shizzle tho
Rob E

11th Feb 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What charger are you running Chris? I've only got a baby eaton MP45 off a cooper s. Still running the standard pulley too but I will look into upgrading that once I up and running on the megasquirt
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Feb 12 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eaton M62

this is what mine sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-dyjhVgQoQ&feature=related
Gary
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any other modificfations needed to S/C it?

Guessing bigger injectors and a FMIC are optional?
Rob E

13th Feb 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few mx5s running M62s, they usually put out about 250ish bhp on the mx5. I bet a supercharged VX220 is a right hoot

Gary - yeah, bigger injectors and and intercooler are optional but if you have a 1.6 its advisory to upgrade to 1.8 injectors. I have an intercooler sat up the garage for this, but I want to upgrade the injectors before I put it on.

But to get it to the stage I have then there is no other modifications needed. Basically you slap a charger on, boost sensitive AFPR to deal with the fuel and a box of tricks to retard the ignition timing under boost and you are good to go

If its back from the bodyshop in time then I'm hopefully entering it into an autotest next weekend
Rob E

13th Feb 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've just had an update from the restorers - Full sill/arch rebuild it is! Apparently she is in quite some state I left a digital camera with him and he has taken photos of all the work as he is going along so I will share once I recieve them!
Gary
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just replace the body? Easy to change
Rob E

13th Feb 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem is they rust from the inside out so although they can look fine from the outside, if the insides haven't been attended to it will be back to square 1. I have no plans to ever sell this car so its worth forking out the cash and having it tackled properly. I've become a bit too attached to this car! :gay:
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine (not in that vid) is 300 bhp in 850kg so its pretty fun!
Rob E

13th Feb 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only at about 170 bhp at near 1000kg. I can only imagine that thing is a weapon and a half mate! I've driven the VXR220 and was impressed how well that shifted but yours must be in a league
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60 - 3.9 seconds
0-100 - 9.0 seconds

Rob E

14th Feb 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate

Well I stopped at the workshop today

Dan295

14th Feb 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hole-y shit
Rob E

14th Feb 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a bit mate
Rob E

20th Feb 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its back!!! I'm over the moon with the work, its absolutely spot on. Lee (who carried out the work) was taking some photos but seem as he was pressed for time as the work went on I told him not to worry about the pictures. BUT I have a few to share!

This is how it looked pre cut open -

Uh oh....

All welded up -

Rebuilt and undersealed -

Drivers side was a similar state -

Just as much rot on this side but unfortunately no pics

Paint

Rebuilt

The difference in handling is phenomenal, I cant believe how much more rigid the car feels now. Its quite scary to think how much the structural part of chassis had rotted which meant chassis loads must have been acting upon other parts of the body that were not designed to take such forces!

It cost a lot of cash but it has been so worth it (anyone else who uses him will not have to pay as much though because mine was the first mx5 he had done). If anyone in the South Wales area is looking for their sills to be done then I can highly recommend Lee Davies of LDAutos on the Hirwaun Industrial Estate. I had a phonecall every day letting me know the progress, he has no problem with you popping in whenever you feel like it just to have a look how things are going etc and most importantly he has being 100% honest and professional every step of the way, he even said I can take my car up to his workshop on Wed to use his ramp to do a couple of jobs RESULT!

Hopefully I will get some time to go out and take some nicer pics this evening...If I can stop driving it
Thanks for reading!
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good
Rob E

20th Feb 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dude
3CorsaMeal

21st Feb 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice stuff, is good to see the pics as i got to do some sill repairs on my corrado.
Rob E

21st Feb 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be surprised if an old VW suffered as bad as this mate. All that rust is down to one design flaw which was the drainage holes not being made large enough and then water just sits inside the bottom of the sills. People usually scrap then when they get this bad

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Supercharged 1993 Eunos Roadster S-Special - Small Video added 24 database queries in 0.0141881 seconds