corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car care day (Rich H and others)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car care day (Rich H and others)
Rich H

User status: Offline
9th Feb 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh polish with SRP, then glaze - either PB Black Hole or Clearkote Red Moose Glaze are your 2 best bets.

Collinite is easy to use, but ignore the instructions about leaving to haze, apply to a panel at a time and buff straight off.

Antnee - mild mix of Megs (important it's Megs) APC with a nail brush, then follow up with Gliptone cleaner and conditioner on those seats.
BluKoo

9th Feb 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
While all the detailing people are here, leather cleaning, tips and products please (light leather)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs014.snc6/166479_10150392854785486_568170485_17150805_3066056_n.jpg

Going from the condition of the paintwork, I bet they haven't really had much attention in 11 years

Raceglaze Leather Care Kit

[Edited on 09-02-2011 by BluKoo]
Mertin

9th Feb 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Rich, got an order made out with polished bliss today ready to purchase. They reccomended poorboys natty blue wax and Menzerna 203s when I come to buy a polish
Mark.W

9th Feb 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Snow Foam
Wash
Clay
Wash
Polish
Sealant
Wax

How long does that take you?
Doug

10th Feb 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For my black 350z I am thinking about the following:

wash
clay
rinse
SRP

The next stage confuses me. Do I go with 'extra gloss protection' or Collinite 472s?

Or would you suggest something else for a real wet look?
Ojc

10th Feb 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Snow Foam
Wash
Clay
Wash
Polish
Sealant
Wax

How long does that take you?

Don't do it everytime, usually in the spring.
Mertin

10th Feb 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice day today, pity my stuffs not goig to be here for a few days or I couldve got started. May still go for a clay polish and wax with what iv got
Doug

10th Feb 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug

wash
clay
rinse
SRP

The next stage confuses me. Do I go with 'extra gloss protection' or Collinite 472s?

bump
Rich H

10th Feb 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack the EGP off, I don't really rate it.

Either use the Colli 476s or look at a sealant such as Blackfire.
Mertin

10th Feb 11 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone think it would be necessary for a "car care day" or just aswell to stick to asking questions in here?
Just a suggestion, probably isnt all that necessary
Ojc

11th Feb 11 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad rich said EGP is pants I've never rated it either when I first used it around 2002
Rich H

11th Feb 11 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A slightly tinkered version of it is then sold on at hugely inflated problems as "Autoglym Lifeshine" too - hence why that's also shite
Doug

11th Feb 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the best wet look would you rate the Coli or Blackfire?

Would I put anything else on once they are on? or would SRP then Coli/Blackfire be a good combination?
Rich H

11th Feb 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either for the wet look - the LSP doesn't account for the overall look, it's the prior prep too.

I'd put good money on it that 99% of people wouldn't notice the difference between to 2 tbh! But yes you could combine the 2 if not - applying the Blackfire first.
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the lifeshine was a whole range of things, i have a lifeshine bag and it came with all sorts in it
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just coat my car with blu tac nowadays anyway.

1st blu tac wrap in the country
Rich H

11th Feb 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is, but it's near enough all rebottled retail stuff - the paint protection is EGP and the top up kit for the paint they give you is SRP and EGP.
Mark.W

12th Feb 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might invest in some of this Collinite 476.
BarnshaW

12th Feb 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone give some advice on the new g3 range they have out? i saw it in halfords today, they have a scratch removed, wax and polish, was like 13 quid a go aswell, anyone tried it yet?
corsa-sxi

12th Feb 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you need a polish before BH?

I been washing, claying, washing, BH glaze, Colli 915
Mertin

13th Feb 11 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
do you need a polish before BH?

I been washing, claying, washing, BH glaze, Colli 915

From what iv been told its best to polish before black hole glaze so just add a polish between 2nd wash and the glaze
BluKoo

13th Feb 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug

wash
clay
rinse
SRP

Whilst solid dark colours are undisputedly harder to maintain to a high standard than lighter colours, they do offer the luxury of more choices when it comes to choosing last step products to tailor the final look of the paint. This is because the intense colour depth gives a very high degree of reflectivity, which not only makes it far easier to achieve a finish with much greater clarity and depth, but also enhances how wet the paint looks, as more highlights are shown up. Consequently, it is not difficult to achieve an excellent finish on such colours, and it is quite straightforward to tailor the look of the final finish by choosing last step products that significantly enhance either reflectivity or gloss. By doing the former with a synthetic polymer sealant you can produce a sharper, cooler, shinier finish, while by doing the latter with a natural carnauba wax you can produce a softer, richer, glossier finish. This is because sealants tend to lay down an exceptionally smooth, highly dense surface coating transmits light very efficiently and maximises reflectivity, while natural carnauba wax coatings tend to comprise a microscopically rougher, less dense surface layer that scatters more incoming light and maximises colour intensity and gloss.

If maximising reflectivity and producing the sharpest possible looking finish on a dark solid colour is your ultimate goal, we recommend choosing the Werkstat Acrylic Kit as your paint protection system. This is because it delivers an incredible level of reflectivity characterised by amazing clarity and depth, and makes solid dark colours look razor sharp. However, this high degree of reflectivity and sharpness can be counter-productive in terms of colour intensity and gloss, and can leave some dark solid colours looking somewhat cold and sterile. Thus, it is not a finish that will suit all tastes. In contrast, if maximising colour intensity and gloss on a dark solid colour is your ultimate goal, we recommend choosing the Raceglaze Signature Series '55' Kit as your paint protection system. This is because it delivers an incredible amount of jetting that makes solid dark colours literally look like they are about to pop in front of you; no other product we have used makes dark colours look as rich and intense. Further benefits afforded by the Raceglaze Signature Series '55' Kit include terrific ease of use and excellent durability, with a single application typically lasting for around four months. If neither of the above options appeal, and you would rather produce a more balanced looking finish, we recommend choosing Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection, as it delivers an intense wet looking shine with excellent reflectivity and gloss.

Results produced by the Werkstat Acrylic Kit (sealant) on solid black...

Results produced by the Raceglaze Signature Series '55' Kit (wax) on solid black...

[Edited on 13-02-2011 by BluKoo]

[Edited on 13-02-2011 by BluKoo]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car care day (Rich H and others) 22 database queries in 0.0090680 seconds