corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Speeding Ticket

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding Ticket
John

User status: Offline
8th Feb 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wouldn't be doing it if you couldn't get away with it.
Tommy

8th Feb 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought you had to be totlly inpartial.

So what would you suggest coz i dont want her getting a higher fine because the numpty got the speed limit wrong
gtitim

8th Feb 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suggest she phones up and pays the fine - look on the back of the ticket for the phone number and get it done.
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
I suggest she phones up and pays the fine - look on the back of the ticket for the phone number and get it done.

On the contrary, I would fight it all the way.

If the bloke issuing the ticket doesn't know what the speed limit is, or what year it is, I would also question his 'ability/opinion' to guesstimate what speed I was doing, and his ability to boil an egg correctly.

pow
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime I've been caught speeding I've been honest and told the copper there's no excuse for my speeding, I just was and I'm sorry.

Still got 0 points.

I wouldn't bother contesting the ticket, just pay the fine and be over with it. It's nothing in the grand scheme of things
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Feb 11 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He got a 3pt £60 fine ofr SP60 - exceeding limit in a 60mph zone.
He should have contested that then, because that's not what SP60 is for.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imagine if this was a jimmy bennett, some random guy using wikipedia for his info pretending to be an acutal policeman
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Feb 11 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only need to search for the codes, there's actually loads of discussion about SP60 and how they shouldn't be issued except in exceptional circumstances like temporary road works, and that any prosecution in a statutory speed limit in a car is SP30.

I got an SP30 in 1997 because the Policeman told me I was doing 75mph when I passed in front of his stationary vehicle at a junction. He didn't follow me but said he needed to do 70mph to catch me. I questioned whether that would actually have resulted in him catching me. The court summons arrived a few days later.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to see gtitim, with a photo of his police badge covered in custard with jason plato sticking his finger up his bum, whilst sassyminx takes the pic

[Edited on 09-02-2011 by Steve]
gtitim

9th Feb 11 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You only need to search for the codes, there's actually loads of discussion about SP60 and how they shouldn't be issued except in exceptional circumstances like temporary road works, and that any prosecution in a statutory speed limit in a car is SP30.

I got an SP30 in 1997 because the Policeman told me I was doing 75mph when I passed in front of his stationary vehicle at a junction. He didn't follow me but said he needed to do 70mph to catch me. I questioned whether that would actually have resulted in him catching me. The court summons arrived a few days later.

Should have written SP30 - sad enough I just checked my Pocket Book to see what I issued him!

I wouldn't have ticketed for that - would have been a few words of advice and only then if i had had to do silly speeds to catch up. Often I will sit a fair way back and follow. If im doing the limit and the car im following is disappearing into the distance, he is over the limit. If im catching it up, hes under the limit, if no distance change, hes on the limit but isnt an issue.
gtitim

9th Feb 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i want to see gtitim, with a photo of his police badge covered in custard with jason plato sticking his finger up his bum, whilst sassyminx takes the pic

You scare me (not in a physical way, but in a 'OH MY GOD YOU'RE WEIRD' kind of way). I think i've only ever spoken to one Corsasport member while on duty, and he didn't realise I was a member. I do see his car parked in McDs every day though. I have been on TV quite a lot in last few months with work though.

[Edited on 09-02-2011 by gtitim]
John

9th Feb 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was under the impression that only traffic could give tickets for speeding offences and panda's could only do for careless or dangerous driving.

Have I been incorrect all along or has this changed?

Do all panda cars have calibrated speedos?
Tommy

9th Feb 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What if the fine is more than it should be as they got the wrong speed limit.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

You scare me (not in a physical way, but in a 'OH MY GOD YOU'RE WEIRD' kind of way). I think i've only ever spoken to one Corsasport member while on duty, and he didn't realise I was a member. I do see his car parked in McDs every day though. I have been on TV quite a lot in last few months with work though.

[Edited on 09-02-2011 by gtitim]

do you want a cuddle
Sam
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
My Mrs got caught speeding in a 40mph , she was doing 54mph, dosey mare i know.

On the ticket itself the copper has put down that it was a 30mph.

Can we contest it as the information is wrong ?

Everyone does it, she got caught, shit happens etc.

Just tell her to pay it, end of story. I'm sure I'm going to be expecting one in the post soon for doing a similar speed as her on a dual carriageway near Worcester the other week - one of those bastard mobile speed camera vans hiding just over the brow of the hill, the fucker!
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where was that sam? a449?
Sam
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you guess
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

notorious, i never go above 50 there
Sam
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes normally my speeds are sensible on that road too, however the road was clear on both sides - silly me. I slammed on the brakes when I saw it though, not like that'll help my case with not receiving a ticket in the post!

Was only doing about 55 according to my speedo.
chrisritch

9th Feb 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they've fucked up, a good solicitor will fuck that out the door in minutes tbh
Sam
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ which will cost more than £60 TBH.
gtitim

9th Feb 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I was under the impression that only traffic could give tickets for speeding offences and panda's could only do for careless or dangerous driving.

Have I been incorrect all along or has this changed?

Do all panda cars have calibrated speedos?

Our Octavias and Focus' have calibrated speedos. Every officer can issue tickets for speeding, even special constables.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
they've fucked up, a good solicitor will fuck that out the door in minutes tbh

Doubt it. Think of it this way - by the time it gets to court, the officer will have already provided a statement to say that it is a clerical error and the limit was 40mph not 30mph. He will, if required, provide photographs and copies of Traffic orders which include posted limits. When it goes to court, the defence could ask the officer what the posted limit was, why they got it wrong etc. They could challenge the validity of the officer's evidence based on this.

The prosecutor would then ask the defendant what speed they were doing, what the limit was, why they thought were stopped by Police , etc.

Bearing in mind that all this is under oath, why lie?

We all make errors from time to time. I wrote the wrong year on a producer the other day. The person didnt have any insurance. Our admin sent me a pro-forma statement to fill in saying it was an error. Did it change the fact the person had no insurance or in any way affect my evidence? No. Same outcome.
Bueno

9th Feb 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All long as the fine and points are no different from speeding in a 30 to 40 then just pay up. Shit happens and you cant beat the police!!
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can we also clear up another myth, if a police car pulls you over with a mechnical fault to his car, say with a headlight out, then they cannot do you for anything
chrisritch

9th Feb 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
^^^ which will cost more than £60 TBH.

True, much easier to take the 3 points

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Speeding Ticket 22 database queries in 0.0162971 seconds