corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My new Audi A3 S-line TDi 170...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My new Audi A3 S-line TDi 170...
John

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't know you had a Corrado 3CM, is it any good?
whitter45

23rd Feb 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Toby
Premium Member

23rd Feb 11 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Lovely apart you seem to have too many doors

You offering to find him a three door estate?

No just a three door hatch
3CorsaMeal

23rd Feb 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

thanks for asking.

yes its good
Fad

23rd Feb 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a mapped 140 and thats lovely to drive, you could so some serious miles in these.

Only thing that scares me about the 170's is the DPF issues they get. Big bucks....
whitter45

23rd Feb 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe all 2.0 TDi VAgs pre CR have issues with heads after about 80k

My mate has had many golfs and audi's in with cracked heads at around this milage
Fad

23rd Feb 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, the head problems are quite rare tbh. Mines on 84k and my brother just sold his 2.0 tdi sport with 105k miles on it.
mwg

23rd Feb 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
I've got a mapped 140 and thats lovely to drive, you could so some serious miles in these.

Only thing that scares me about the 170's is the DPF issues they get. Big bucks....

I did about 40k in mine a little over 3 years and it was remapped for the last year and the DPF caused me no problems.

There are quite a few people that have problems with them though, I think its mainly people that do short journeys with the problems as the DPF doesn't get hot enough to do its business. Still its surely a design flaw rather than user error, you should be able to do short journeys if you want to without it breaking your car.
Rich H

23rd Feb 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Chazzy boi.

Is the 7 series a dead & buried dream these days?
pow
Premium Member

23rd Feb 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
i believe all 2.0 TDi VAgs pre CR have issues with heads after about 80k

My mate has had many golfs and audi's in with cracked heads at around this milage

Dad's 140TDi on an 05 plate did 149k in 3 years wanting only a front wheel bearing and a new fuel pump relay and standard servicing.
richc

23rd Feb 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its irrelevant, but more relevant than 3CM, but ive been driving a 2006 passat 2.0 tdi today (company car), and it has done 262k miles. It had a new engine at 252k though about 6 months ago, only due to oil pump failure! Before that, it was fine!

The car still drives very tight though. No rattles, no pulls to left or right, bangs, nothing.

But my mate had same engine in his A3 with 125k on the clock and it had loads of problems. Loosing boost, water disappearing, when running, then all of a sudden appear again, limb mode and cut out etc.

Hit and miss.
ChazSXi

23rd Feb 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am 100% sold on the car, glad I pushed the boat out a little. They did have a 3 door but personal opinion is I kind of perer the back end of the 5 door...and like the estate style of it also. 5 doors is handy for when I have a colleague or two tagging along!

Car pulls v well and is a pleasure to drive. drove a 140 A4 and I prefer the harshness of the power on the 170!

Imperial have some very nice cars, and a good service too. TBH for a dealer the car IMO was well priced...and yeh it was in Cascades! I got told it was sold and was gutted, but it wasnt so I snaped it up!
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Feb 11 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
they dont map to 310lbs/ft

Normally 290 to 300 max

IMO the 140 is a better drive as its smoother delivery and less noisey

Never driven a remap one though

Lovely car

I did use IIRC for a reason.

I got the car when the PD170 engines hadn't been released for very long atall, the first few months in which they were available in the Octy vRS anyway, and I got shot of it in Nov. 09, so not really been looking at getting it done for a fair while now...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My new Audi A3 S-line TDi 170... 22 database queries in 0.2628880 seconds