corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Does this sound massively overpriced to you? MOT

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Does this sound massively overpriced to you? MOT
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 11 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
Felt proper bad for her

Sorry, but why?? Fair play shes spend £600 yes. But im sure you'd have felt worse if she crashed due to the parts being broken??

Really fucks me off when people moan about cars needing replacement parts like "FFS my car needs a new tyre" well er yeah, they dont last forever. Things on them brake. If you dont like to pay for parts, dont have a car! Rant over!!

Also chains are common, just had the GF's done on her 1.2 C, £100 inc parts by a friend, was done at Vaux though using genuine bits.
Kerry

24th Feb 11 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All right dick head get off your high horse!
I felt bad because I'd recommended the garage and didn't think it would be that much which as it happens it's a months wage!
Not moaning about it needing fixing, just protective over my mum who's been taken advantage of over the years by rip off merchants!
If you get a high bill and you know nothing about cars it's only natural to ask peoples opinions
dannymccann

24th Feb 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of money in one go admittedly but seems quite fair. Think herself lucky, to replace the standard front coil springs on my mk4 astras was 200 all in, that's just the fronts! Nearly hit the floor when they told me, figured it would be 150 max. Then it failed the mot on track rod ends, tyres, copper brake pipes, you name it it failed on it was an expensive February
Kerry

24th Feb 11 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My astras got its first MOT in nov i best start saving
ash-ov-boro

24th Feb 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of the work i would have done my self
Russ

24th Feb 11 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash-ov-boro
alot of the work i would have done my self
Demo

24th Feb 11 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I thought it was only about £40 for a set of springs not £140

ditto. just replaced rear springs on my astra for MOT as one was snapped and was mortified that a new one wieghed in at £40 +VAT

the labour for springs and links sounds a little high because you could probably do the lot in an hour. i replaced both rear springs and one droplink in roughly an hour on my driveway with no fancy air tools/ramp etc

however, i suppose it all depends on what the book time is on the job. plus i couldnt comment on the lambda sensor work
Kerry

24th Feb 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sure I bought a set of lowering springs back in the day for like £50!
Suppose its handy if you can do the work yourself, else you just have to bite the bullet
dannymccann

24th Feb 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was sure I bought a set of lowering springs back in the day for like £50!
Suppose its handy if you can do the work yourself, else you just have to bite the bullet

Funny you should say that, GM springs are more expensive than aftermarket lowering ones, or they are for my 2.0DTi Astra. IF I could be arsed with the insurance implications / being able to find a garage round here that will actually fit them I could have gone that route, but cba with that hassle so just stuck to standard

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Does this sound massively overpriced to you? MOT 22 database queries in 0.0110390 seconds