corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance companies that allow somebody who is 19 years old to drive other cars........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance companies that allow somebody who is 19 years old to drive other cars........
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 11 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
i have always been FC and only had this on my insurance since turning 25, i forget which one (of the two policies i have) but i had to ask for it be be included.

what is odd is that Aviva don't require the car to be insured. I was looking for a new motor for the gf and wanted to take it for a test drive. however i knew it was uninsured so phoned Aviva and Direct Line (my two current providers) asking if they could cover me. DL said no the car has to be insured by someone else before i can drive it. Aviva said providing i had the owners permission i would be insured under their policy

That doesn't sound right. I was always under the impression the car had to have it's own policy? Surely it'd be flagged up immediately on a police anpr too. Also, that'd be a pretty nice loop hole to drive a silly car without needing to pay the correct premium on it?
John

7th Mar 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't own it and the owner is liable for it being on the road not insured as soon as you step out of it.
Fonz
Premium Member

7th Mar 11 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
That doesn't sound right. I was always under the impression the car had to have it's own policy? Surely it'd be flagged up immediately on a police anpr too. Also, that'd be a pretty nice loop hole to drive a silly car without needing to pay the correct premium on it?

exactly my thoughts so i made it clear asking and re-wording the question to make sure we both understood the answer (and it would be on tape if the call was recorded) and the chap on the phone said clearly that i could drive the car and be insured with the owners permission, the car would be insured under my policy, a situation where the driver is insured and not the car.

as for anpr, i only took it a mile up the road and back. so it wasn't an issue. and after seeing some of those shows i have seen police pull over a mechanic taking the car on a "road test" the car gets pulled for no insurance. as its been off the road, hence needing a mechanic to put things right. the policeman rang the owner and agreed it wasn't insured, but the driver was under the garage/trade insurance. and so it was all legal

it is (currently) an offence to drive without insurance. the car wasn't insured but the driver was, so there is insurance in place thus legal.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance companies that allow somebody who is 19 years old to drive other cars........ 22 database queries in 0.1079791 seconds