corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » following from petrol prices...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author following from petrol prices...
AndyKent

User status: Offline
10th Mar 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
what a load of bollocks!!!!!

when i got my vectra it cost me £70 to fill it and now it costs me £77. i know its only £7 but its absolute crap how the government are taking advantage of the shit goin on in egypt! all the government want is MONEY!! so yea ok compare it to prices of mr muscle and other liquids but its all down to the petrol prices!!!

Its not so much for wanting money, It NEEDS money. As a national we consistently have a much larger debt to the world than other G7 countries, this needs to be recouped from somewhere and petrol and other necessities are the only way to guarantee continuous revenue to try and clear the debt mountain that has built up over the years.

Estimated to reach £1.1 TRILLION this year if it hasn't already. Interest for 2010 was said to be around £40 billion.

As a nation the country is screwed and went bust along time ago, but they are trying to prevent it getting worse. We are relying on a large number of overseas governments and investors to prob us up. Think of it like a bank that gives people a mortgage and if they default enough times.......

This site has loads of info for those that care to look into it. IMO there is No point moaning about cost of things as it is inevitable everything will rise. Best thing you can do is get on with it the best you can and not let it get to you as there really is nothing we can do but accept it and try to enjoy our lives.

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

and ONS data.

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/psf.pdf

[/paulj]

Two things though......

1. Most of our national debt is due to buying out the banks. In order to be bought out the banks had to, and still have to, pay into an insurance policy. That policy far outweighs the interest we are paying on the debt = profit. The headline figure is that we are in debt, but once the banks return to private hands we should owe less than we otherwise would have done. That site fails to report that though.....

2. You've got to inherently distrust a site that so strongly makes a case against debt, the offers to sell you a kindle
morpheus22

10th Mar 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to drive your car you have to pay what it cost imo no good crying about it
Ash_EP3

10th Mar 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
if you want to drive your car you have to pay what it cost imo no good crying about it

Doesn't stop people bitching and moaning about it though

The problem is the cost of living in general is still rising so when/if you do get pay rises in the future you'll barely even notice it
Fro

10th Mar 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
what a load of bollocks!!!!!

when i got my vectra it cost me £70 to fill it and now it costs me £77. i know its only £7 but its absolute crap how the government are taking advantage of the shit goin on in egypt! all the government want is MONEY!! so yea ok compare it to prices of mr muscle and other liquids but its all down to the petrol prices!!!

Its not so much for wanting money, It NEEDS money. As a national we consistently have a much larger debt to the world than other G7 countries, this needs to be recouped from somewhere and petrol and other necessities are the only way to guarantee continuous revenue to try and clear the debt mountain that has built up over the years.

Estimated to reach £1.1 TRILLION this year if it hasn't already. Interest for 2010 was said to be around £40 billion.

As a nation the country is screwed and went bust along time ago, but they are trying to prevent it getting worse. We are relying on a large number of overseas governments and investors to prob us up. Think of it like a bank that gives people a mortgage and if they default enough times.......

This site has loads of info for those that care to look into it. IMO there is No point moaning about cost of things as it is inevitable everything will rise. Best thing you can do is get on with it the best you can and not let it get to you as there really is nothing we can do but accept it and try to enjoy our lives.

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

and ONS data.

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/psf.pdf

[/paulj]

but when the deficit is gone, by 2014 according to conservatives, will it go back right down, no

That will not be gone by 2014, were still massively overspending and racking up ridiculous amount of interest.

£ will get smashed and we'll join the Euro before the defecit is gone imo.
whitter45

10th Mar 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point you are missing is the sheer quanity that is produced

Fence paint will be produced at no where near the same rate as fuel and probably uses more raw materials and additives to produce it

It is still relatively cheap considering a rig is floated at sea, drilling , piping, refining, delivery to station etc but it still doesn't warrant the taxation that takes place
whitter45

10th Mar 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22

Doesn't stop people bitching and moaning about it though

The problem is the cost of living in general is still rising so when/if you do get pay rises in the future you'll barely even notice it

wait until interest rates increase
pow
Premium Member

10th Mar 11 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair the war on the motorist could be cut down a little and costs recouped from elsewhere.
pow
Premium Member

10th Mar 11 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whitter do you ever have anything optimistic to say?
Fro

10th Mar 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
To be fair the war on the motorist could be cut down a little and costs recouped from elsewhere.

They are recouping from elsewhere, it's not just a war on motorists.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » following from petrol prices... 22 database queries in 0.0112371 seconds