corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Coffee / Keeping awake

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coffee / Keeping awake
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
24th Mar 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stick an ice cube up my bum
RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Right you lovely man listen here

for years i suffered tiredness in the mornings, used to make me late for work often, found getting out of bed very difficult, and suffered bouts of debilitating tiredness, that wouldnt wear off until at least 11 o clock sometimes most of the day.

I got fed up with it and randomly googled tiredness a few weeks ago and found a report on drinking water and that most of us are chronically dehydrated, which set alarm bells because im well known for not drinking much, people in the office whenever im offered a drink used to say he wont want one he doesnt drink.

Needless to say iv started drinking lots of water throughout the day and i feel so much better now, loads more energy and cant recall the last time i felt the tiredness of death

I must try this

Thanks for this Steve, I'm exactly the same; I actually fell asleep in the pub last night after 1pint and a meal; I'm always knwon for not being a morning person but I genuinely am tired all the time; I rarely feel fully awake before lunch time and even then soemtimes I drive home from work feeling shattered and fallign asleep on the sofa when I get in.

I work a lot better into the night but it doesn't seem to matter if I got to bed at 9pm or 12pm or 3am, I'm still shattered the next day. Tried all of the remedies I've heard like hot baths before bed; no TV in my bedroom; more exercise earlier in the evening; eating earlier, cutting down on caffeine and having a hot chocolate before bed but nothing ever makes a difference, .

I'm going to try the water route; Plain water okay or is it best to have a squash or barley type water?
emicen

24th Mar 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Right you lovely man listen here

for years i suffered tiredness in the mornings, used to make me late for work often, found getting out of bed very difficult, and suffered bouts of debilitating tiredness, that wouldnt wear off until at least 11 o clock sometimes most of the day.

I got fed up with it and randomly googled tiredness a few weeks ago and found a report on drinking water and that most of us are chronically dehydrated, which set alarm bells because im well known for not drinking much, people in the office whenever im offered a drink used to say he wont want one he doesnt drink.

Needless to say iv started drinking lots of water throughout the day and i feel so much better now, loads more energy and cant recall the last time i felt the tiredness of death

I must try this

Thanks for this Steve, I'm exactly the same; I actually fell asleep in the pub last night after 1pint and a meal; I'm always knwon for not being a morning person but I genuinely am tired all the time; I rarely feel fully awake before lunch time and even then soemtimes I drive home from work feeling shattered and fallign asleep on the sofa when I get in.

I work a lot better into the night but it doesn't seem to matter if I got to bed at 9pm or 12pm or 3am, I'm still shattered the next day. Tried all of the remedies I've heard like hot baths before bed; no TV in my bedroom; more exercise earlier in the evening; eating earlier, cutting down on caffeine and having a hot chocolate before bed but nothing ever makes a difference, .

I'm going to try the water route; Plain water okay or is it best to have a squash or barley type water?

Plain water or no-added sugar diluting juice.

A 200ml glass of normal diluting juice will have ~100 calories in it which isn't much less than a can of fizzy juice. No added sugar high juice is more like 10 cals.
noshua

24th Mar 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the water thing works and you're lacking water intake, have a pint of water with every meal? that's 1.5L with only breakfast, dinner and tea.
emicen

24th Mar 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even better, 1.7 litres. Drink a can on the way home, job done.
Jambo

24th Mar 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom you do very physical work and energy creates energy. The problem with working in office/sat a computer all day is lack of energy due to immobility.

RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Tom you do very physical work and energy creates energy. The problem with working in office/sat a computer all day is lack of energy due to immobility.

I agree with this; when I was running the pub and teaching sailing and windsurfing, I used to be doing double the hours I do now but with all the fresh air and physical activity, I always felt better than I do since being stuck in an office
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought i was just super human
good point though jamborinoesios

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
3CorsaMeal

24th Mar 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey Tom, the guy at work came in with his dog and it had a pink nose like your dog

1st one i've noticed
alan-g-w

24th Mar 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have a can of Rockstar and 3 Pro Plus every morning at work with a square sausage roll. That perked me right up, didn't build up any sort of tolerance as John said as well.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
hey Tom, the guy at work came in with his dog and it had a pink nose like your dog

1st one i've noticed

did you tell him it looked like a dildo

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Eck
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to start drinking water instead of juice. In an 8 hour shift I'm going through 3 to 4 litres of Coke and Irn Bru
emicen

24th Mar 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I need to start drinking water instead of juice. In an 8 hour shift I'm going through 3 to 4 litres of Coke and Irn Bru

You'll need to start drinking coffee too

I used to tan 4-5 cans at my desk a day and when I went cold turkey I was falling asleep by half ten!
Eck
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent
JonnyJ

24th Mar 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Fucking hell Eck

I bet your insides glow orange!
RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best way to stay awake is to have two rowdy blondes from Barnsley bounce around your room - no chance of falling asleep then
adiohead

24th Mar 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am drinking water because of Steve.
RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still haven't. 2 brews today so far; I fail at life
JonnyJ

24th Mar 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Best way to stay awake is to have two rowdy blondes from Barnsley bounce around your room - no chance of falling asleep then

Even if you are in the next room along it seems!
Whittie

24th Mar 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 4 pints of water, a coffee and 2 redbulls. Had to go for a piss in the middle of some gay business networking meeting
Whittie

24th Mar 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

Even if you are in the next hotel, 1 mile away it seems!
RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but not if you're pumping some lass in the room opposite....
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
I've had 4 pints of water, a coffee and 2 redbulls. Had to go for a piss in the middle of some gay business networking meeting

dont drink too much water as that can be equally as damaging, can even kill you
Fro

24th Mar 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power wanks when feeling sleepy help me sometimes
adiohead

24th Mar 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on my 16th pint of water, just one more to go

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1032795/Man-dies-water-overdose-drinking-17-pints-hours-soothe-sore-gums.html

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Coffee / Keeping awake 23 database queries in 0.0914340 seconds