corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tattoo's: Talk to me - cover-ups (already have one in mind)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tattoo's: Talk to me - cover-ups (already have one in mind)
Scotty C

User status: Offline
26th Mar 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not catholic or really religious tbh. I just like the look of the tattoo and its the one that I find most fitting to what I want. There isn't really many other themes to chose from is there?
Hammer

26th Mar 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a genuine belief that Koi carp and all the other tribal shit that everyone gets over their bodies will be this generations 'Taz'.

My mate has a Taz tattoo as well and it also looks quite horrific.
Scotty C

26th Mar 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate this twat my arm that much I'd happy get it covered over with tribal crap...
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love tattoos but I'd only ever get something that relates to me or something that I wont regret in 10-15 years, not religious in any way so I wouldn't get anything related to that.

If you're not religious I'd avoid it, maybe it's something you'll regret again in 20 years.

Unless your dad was a religious person then it would be a good tribute, although there's million of designs out there to chose from.

You will have to get either a colour or a heavy black and white tattoo to cover it, can't see many B+W designs that would be able to do that and look good at the same time though, all the time staying relavent.

Lawrah
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done.
Scotty C

26th Mar 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Danny. The only other one that I'd consider is a tomb stone sorta design with all relevant writing on there. Maybe with some cloud/stars around it. Then I'd tie into my tat on my lower arm..
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is though it will be so hard to cover the colour in that tattoo with a B+W design, any local tattoo places local you can go in to and have a word with?
Scotty C

26th Mar 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lawrah I would rather that too!

Danny - yeh I agree. I'll pop down to where I got my last one done on Tuesday and see what they say. There quite good with designs/ideas
Bobber123

26th Mar 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get 2 sessions of laser removal booked to fade it, then get whatever you want over the top as it will be pale enough to not see it. greens and blues are the hardest to remove via laser removal, blacks reds and yellows fade quite easy iirc
Bobber123

26th Mar 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, i was thinking praying hands and rosary beads for a tribute to my nana as she was very religious and always wore them, i do however see so many pretty boy type kids with these tattoos, and even wearing them as there somewhat of a fashion statement at the moment... bit JLS if you ask me. In the end i just got some meaningful script done round my collar bones, deffinatly happier i chose that. -

[Edited on 26-03-2011 by Bobber123]
Paul_J

26th Mar 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F*ck ^^
Jambo

26th Mar 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All Tattoos are a fashoin, they will go out of fashoin at some point.

My friend has the barbed wire thing on her arm, she looks like a twat.
Conway563

26th Mar 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no way that will cover what you've got
Go see an artist and see what they can do. When I had my cover up done they did a trace of what I had asked what kind of thing I wanted and had a few things for me to look at a week later
205tom

26th Mar 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bobber123
just get 2 sessions of laser removal booked to fade it, then get whatever you want over the top as it will be pale enough to not see it. greens and blues are the hardest to remove via laser removal, blacks reds and yellows fade quite easy iirc

Lasering ftw, it's going have to be lasered that, will give you an artist alot more options for the cover up, it does tingle mind
kz

26th Mar 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry if someone's already said this but why not just get it removed?
John

26th Mar 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lmao at a bit jls then getting the gayest tattoo ever across your chest
Bobber123

26th Mar 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is it the gayest tattoo ever? because its not tribal shite or a british bulldog lol
Scotty C

26th Mar 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like that's the easiest option, try and get most of it covered then the rest removed. I'm pretty sure no one around my local area does it though, and it's quite expensive isn't it?

Once this is done, time get my next shocking tat covered/removed
205tom

26th Mar 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removal before cover up, no point leaving abit uncovered then lasering that, and I've heard about extorsionate prices but my guy does it £5/10 a session
alan-g-w

27th Mar 11 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't get a tattoo you don't like covered up with a tattoo where the image doesn't really relate to anything. I can understand the whole religious side of it with it being there to commemorate your dad but if it was me I'd maybe think about getting something tattooed on me that relates to the person being commemorated - if he liked rugby get a ball and a set of goals, if he liked cars get something to do with cars.

Obviously just a suggestion, whatever you decide to do it's not going to be wrong - end of the day it's your body and you can do whatever you want to it!

I am slightly biased but rosemary beads would probably be in my bottom 5 least wanted tattoos along with the Celtic huddle
Balling
Premium Member

27th Mar 11 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair on you for wanting to remember your dad. But do you really think he'd want you to make your body in to a permanet shrine?
I mean, it seems so morbid that you want to be reminded every day how sad it is, that you've lost your father.

Also, you're going to completely ruin the mood every time someone asks about the tattoo.

I really, really don't see the point in all these "in memory of" tattoos...
Very emo if you ask me.

[Edited on 27-03-2011 by Balling]

Scotty C

27th Mar 11 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both very good points.

I've wanted to get a tattoo to commemorate my dad for ages. Orignally I was getting a sleeve and have his initials and 'RIP' incorporated into that somehow. But since then I've changed my mind on getting on sleeve, but I still need this damn tattoo covering...
John

27th Mar 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bobber123
how is it the gayest tattoo ever? because its not tribal shite or a british bulldog lol

Naa, the words, the font and the positioning.
AlunJ

27th Mar 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw someone on facebook had her boyfriends name tattooed... they've been together a week
emicen

27th Mar 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
Saw someone on facebook had her boyfriends name tattooed... they've been together a week

Girl I know had a fairly fiery relationship with her boyfriend. They had just finished arguing when he went away on a lads holiday. He got her name tattoo'd across his shoulders in 2in high letters, she pretty much dumped him as soon as the plane landed bringing him home

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tattoo's: Talk to me - cover-ups (already have one in mind) 23 database queries in 0.0151021 seconds