corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The modified car scene

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The modified car scene
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Mar 11 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoke cruise used to be massive, 1000s of peopel every Sunday; every rubber speed hump looked like this

Used to be really sociable and a cracking night out; quite a bit of racing and the smell of tyres on fire

now they've put huge signs up all around Festival Park stating "NO ILLEGAL CAR CRUISING BY COURT ORDER" or words to that effect. Regular patrols and its killed it off in all honesty
A2H GO

28th Mar 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think its anything to do with cost or the cost of petrol.

The new drivers round my way(who I know becasue my little brother is one of them) have Arcitc Corsa VXR's, Twingo GT's and various other £10k+ cars.

Its beacuse kids nowadays don't have to buy shit cars and make them look better by modifying them, they seem to be able to afford one's that look good as standard.
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Mar 11 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

I shit you not that used to be how my car looked 3 years ago lol

[Edited on 28-03-2011 by kizzacorsab]
pow
Premium Member

28th Mar 11 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Windsor used to be rammo every Sunday, used to have to get down there EARLY if you wanted to park up. Lucky to get 1 or 2 people down there now.
adiohead

28th Mar 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a BMW Mini and a Saxo 1.1 in Asda High Wycombe the other day.
antnee

28th Mar 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was before my time, but nottingham used to be quite big for the whole cruising thing, now everything gets shut down by police very quickly!
Piér

28th Mar 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheltenham has a cruise, and its always quite packed in summer, it dies off in winter a little because of the dark but even now its still big!
People come down from bristol to go to it sometimes and there are some pretty nice euro cars there.
The police drive round maybe a couple of times a night but its quite out of the way of main roads etc.
The council were trying to shut it down but someone made a petition and now they are trying to find everyone a legal place to have the cruise, pretty good if you ask me
Ojc

28th Mar 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Southend is dead now which I never thought would happen. Lakeside is ok but no atmosphere.

The scene and having track focused cars is much better
3CorsaMeal

28th Mar 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i blame people buying new cars with warrenty as they get scared a wheel bearing or brake pads might wear out and that would mean you are DOOMED
pow
Premium Member

28th Mar 11 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaddap Jim...

Where is this Chelts cruise?
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Mar 11 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the thing is now is buy a new car put wheels on it and be done with it. But the fast show I went to yesterday there were a shut load of gash body kitted cars about.
corsarooney
Premium Member

28th Mar 11 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Windsor used to be rammo every Sunday, used to have to get down there EARLY if you wanted to park up. Lucky to get 1 or 2 people down there now.

I no what you meen pow, most of the time i had to leave the car over the road in the rugby club! Haha! Windsor cruise used to be brilliant, always pack every weekend. Wish it was still like that now

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
pow
Premium Member

28th Mar 11 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to love sitting down there watching all the chavs Coppers used tow one illegal car a week normally (no tax/insurance) just to make a point but generally used to leave us to it
Adam_B

28th Mar 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bolton, summer 2004 -

Hosted on Fotki

dead now!
gazza808

28th Mar 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We still have a couple of big cruises(100-250+ cars) a year around these parts, but all the websites that used to organise them started arguing and pissing each other off so have started disappearing, it's odd they always seem to be in winter also.
Piér

28th Mar 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Shaddap Jim...

Where is this Chelts cruise?

Cheltenham in Gloucestershire Bristol normally has a few cruises a year and a lot of cars go there as well but this cheltenham one is weekly
emicen

28th Mar 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The modified car scene is fine and dandy. The "cruise" part of the scene is dead and buried.
deneven

28th Mar 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up this way it's winter that stops people going out.

Starting to pick up again now, and it's still a proper cruise, go to three different places, 70 road all the way there and have a hell of a time and a good variety of cars, 200sx's plenty of scoobys, evos etc a lamborghini even pops down now and again. Still turns out about 50+ cars every Sunday.

Organised Meets etc are dead as fuck though. Hardly anyone organises them because police "block" cars in and do full checks etc (99% of the cars are uninsured due to mods).

Must admit though, it's a laugh watching 1 traffic cop trying to catch the scoobys lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The modified car scene 23 database queries in 0.0148549 seconds