corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fishing Day: Piking tomorrow

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fishing Day: Piking tomorrow
chrisritch

User status: Offline
7th Apr 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a very good book, packed full of pics, diagrams etc

http://www.climaxtackle.com/fox_predator/predator_books.htm
Kippers

7th Apr 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unrelated... im going to France Saturday for a week of hardcore carping

3CorsaMeal

7th Apr 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought some new boiles and pellet today with a new bucket pouch
ShEp

7th Apr 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to my usual pike fishing spot last week and caught 2 brown trout on a pike spinner

3 and 4 pound, tasted good too
ianofbhills

7th Apr 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are a scary looking fish them pike. Proper big ugly bastards. I've never fished before i think i'd like it.
alan-g-w

8th Apr 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the advice lads, I'll give some of it a whirl today and report back with my catch
alan-g-w

9th Apr 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So went out yesterday at about 1pm and walked down to this reservoir. Me and my mate both set up a sinking rig (just line with a free weight on it, swivel, trace) and had them in for about an hour before my mate was into a belter of a fish. He went too fast with it though, tightened his drag up too much and ended up losing it.

I was sitting with mine in for about an hour and a half with a fairly large roach tail in. I changed it to a full roach that was a bit smaller and then within about 3 minutes of putting it in my line started wailing, first pike ever I struck it and had it on but let it run as much as it liked after my mate fucked his up - but because I was letting it have as much line the wee bastard ended up snagging me in the reeds, no amount of walking around the shore would get me un-snagged.

Was a good day overall though, much more positive than the last time anyway. We're going to go down again at some point next week and I've got my heart set on getting one of these things out the water

[Edited on 09-04-2011 by alan-g-w]
morpheus22

14th Apr 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just searched this thread to see how you went on, hardlines mate never give pike to much line lol, mix it up abit aswell try a lure i caught a nice pike last winter on a tiny spinner
alan-g-w

14th Apr 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went out yesterday as well mate, we had two rods in for about 4 or 5 hours both with mackerel tails and we managed to catch fuck all.

As I was saying though, as soon as I changed from a tail to a full fish I caught the last time - I reckon the fish are more used to bait with a head so that's what we're taking from it and getting the next time!

We're going again on Sunday but I'll need to sort a reel out - I ended up snapping the handle on my shitty cheap reel so that's something I'll need to budget for!
morpheus22

14th Apr 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use my feeder reel for fishing for pike drennan series 7 and tbh i cnt fault it £34.99 at most tackle shops
alan-g-w

14th Apr 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye mate I reckon that's the kind of thing I'm going to go for next, need something with a drag switch on it and the rear clutch - the one I've got just now only has the clutch on the top of the spool so it's a bit of a pain in the arse trying to adjust it when a fish is on
chrisritch

14th Apr 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okuma Epix EBF40 - about £40-£50 and are such a fantastic reel. Brilliant all rounder.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fishing Day: Piking tomorrow 22 database queries in 0.0137479 seconds