corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Weight Loss....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weight Loss....
Jambo

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Huwsi
quote:
Originally posted by ed
There's nothing magic about loosing weight, just eat better and do exercise. I don't understand why there is so much around it being difficult - it's fucking easy once you decide to do it.

Couldn't agree more! I've lost 6 stone in the las 13 Months and did that purely by eating healthy and living down at the Gym. I got to a point where my life was being effected and just decided i was gonna sort my self out! I feel much better for it now too

Wow!

Well done mate. That's something to be proud of.

I should ad that you need to eat apples, probably won't help you lose much weight but they are full of anti oxidants and help reduce the bad cholesterol
ed

17th Apr 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anti-oxidants to stop you going rusty
dannymccann

17th Apr 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant stand apples but I'm eating loads of bananas and strawberries, just bought some pears and plums this weekend for work and for the first time in my life I am eating salads (lettuce, cucumber etc)

As to the sugar question, this used to be my biggest downfall, I could quite happily munch through 1 or even 2 bags of hard Gums or Jelly Beans on a saturday, my weekly average would be around 2kg of jelly sweets - now, I dont buy them on the weekly shopping trip, if I want some I have to make myself walk / bike to get them and then when I do I eat them in portions.

I know eating stupidly little portions is bad, however I am having a full bowl of cereal in the morning, a full wrap / sandwich for dinner and a proper plate of cooked food at night with snacks of fruit inbetween, and I dont feel like I am eating myself inside-out, if I feel hungry I go for a walk / bike ride and then eat something when I get home (piece of fruit or a sandwich, nothing heavy like a curry) and I'm good to go again...
Mike GSi

17th Apr 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive lost a fair bit of weight over the last 2-3 months. My routine: Go to work at 7:30 At 9:30 have a large bowl of cerial, 12:30 a sandwich, sometimes nothing at all. Get home at 6 eat a normal meal at 6:30 and have nothing else.

My main help i think is sugary drinks, I havent touched a drink that is not sugar free for months. Use sweeteners in tea. Use healthy butter/spread and steer clear of cheese etc.

At the weekends i still 'treat' myself to a takeaway and dont whatch what i eat so much. This seams to be working so im happy to continue. So far i have lost 12KG
Tom G

17th Apr 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need enough calories to maintain and have energy to workout but also not way too much. Try going for more whole meal foods - bread, pasta rice etc.
Tom G

17th Apr 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go for one of these fad phases like Kerry, no offence but once she comes back off the 12 weeks most people put back on.
Jambo

17th Apr 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should only really reduce your cal intake by 500 a day I hear. Coupled with alot of excersise and the weight will fall off (apparently)

Also make sure the food is fresh and not full of sugar and fat.

Also agree with the comments on it being easy it is. It just sucks to begin with
Ingham
Banned

17th Apr 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost 2 stone in less than a year just through eating less, working hard and shagging.
Jambo

17th Apr 11 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Johnny
Ingham
Banned

17th Apr 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shagging is awesome exercise, don't know how I didn't put on weight though cos every time I shagged my mates Mum she give me a biscuit.

In all seriousness it's more about eating less of the wrong things, and more of the right things. Got to be committed to keep it up. I started out at 16 stone 7 and now I'm 14 stone 5 and feel a lot better for it. Keeping going though. Best of luck to ya
--DAN--

17th Apr 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm desperate to put weight ON!! I've been trying for years(12) and I just can't get more than a pound on. I'm far too skinny.
dannymccann

17th Apr 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have inherited a high metabolism from your parents!
Twitch

17th Apr 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
I'm desperate to put weight ON!! I've been trying for years(12) and I just can't get more than a pound on. I'm far too skinny.

The diet i eat was to put weight on. managed to get to 9 stone now my aim is 11 tho. im exactly the same, can eat what ever i want as much as i want and never put on a pound. now tho i've started to increase my weight and its deffently showing. i now have a chest :O lol
Ash_EP3

17th Apr 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
I'm on my way to loosing my 4th stone!

Also forgot to mention check your bmi as you shouldn't really go on low cal intake if your at your ideal bmi
Think the rule is something like 25bmi plus a stone

BMI is bollocks if you've got muscle though.. a bodybuilder I know is 5ft 9 and weighs 18stone according to his BMI he's obese
dannymccann

17th Apr 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree Ash, that's why I used the Harris-Benedict way of working out caloric intake as opposed to BMI

http://www.shapefit.com/basal-metabolic-rate.html
Russ

17th Apr 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
I've been eating around 415 calories a day for the past 12 weeks and I have felt 100% fine the whole time. I do know that if you lower your intake considerably you should do it for no more than 12 weeks then have a week off as such

I hope that is a recent picture, because I can't see how you could loss 4 stone

415 Kcals is a snack
Smooth Mate
Eck
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would probably die if I ate 415 cals per day. I probably intake that amount each time I eat
Carl

17th Apr 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eating 415 kcals a day is not a healthy way to lose weight. You'd lose weight faster eating around 1500 kcals, unless you were a dwarf. A 500 kcal deficit is the ideal for a healthy weight loss, you will be losing muscle to live. Losing muscle is not good as the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism, the higher your metabolism the more cals you will burn throughout the day.
Kerry

18th Apr 11 at 04:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
I've been eating around 415 calories a day for the past 12 weeks and I have felt 100% fine the whole time. I do know that if you lower your intake considerably you should do it for no more than 12 weeks then have a week off as such

I hope that is a recent picture, because I can't see how you could loss 4 stone

415 Kcals is a snack

What do you mean
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 06:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you look fine in your picture, if that is you in the avatar.
Tom G

18th Apr 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The more restrictive the diet the shorter time you will be able to keep to it, then when you stop you don't know how to eat to maintian it.
Russ

18th Apr 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL.
Tom G

18th Apr 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
LOL.

Am i amusing you Russ? Or do you feel the need to always follow your wife around in threads and see what is said?
Russ

18th Apr 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you do amuse me.
I'm not married.

Surely if you are on a diet that inst restrictive you will can "cheat" and use the "i have xxx points left" "i've only had 3 sins" excuse.

Are you good mates with chrisritch?
A2H GO

18th Apr 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
eating low calories will probably cause your body's metabolism to slow right down too,so you will still struggle to loose weight.

This. You have to balance it just right. Too little food and your body will hold onto all the fat its got and the very little food you're eating. Too much food and you'll put weight on.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Weight Loss.... 22 database queries in 0.0158472 seconds