corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pug 106 S1 Rallye... Update... no longer bought!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pug 106 S1 Rallye... Update... no longer bought!
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best 1.3 in its class
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTI-6 callipers don't fit under 14's, I had to get 205 wheels as they have 283mm discs.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gti-6 callipers under 15's

Butler

3rd May 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S2 steels im sure, not 100%
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, I had s2 steels, s1 and s2 are both 14 inch but s2's are an inch wider. As you can see there's very little room under 15's, not a chance in hell they will go under 14's.

I had ds2500 pads, braided lines etc and they were amazing, by far the best brake set up for that amount of cash.
Butler

3rd May 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im wrong, apologies on that one. Id go 15s anyway.
Butler

3rd May 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had brembo 4 pots on my rallye under 15s with an LSD. It handled and braked amazingly, the brembos were probably a bit overkill though but I got them stupidly cheap. I miss modding my rallye though, so many bits out there.
gazza808

3rd May 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd stick some berlingo steelies on it,
alloy steelies aren't they? irc pretty light and 15's.
also i'd swap the brakes out for the berlingo brakes, i always found gti-6 brakes shite.

[Edited on 03-05-2011 by gazza808]
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well plans atm are just to get it through MOT then run the car as a
SamCorsaB

3rd May 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

206 gti calipers fit under my s2 steels.
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i think standard brakes with decent pads would be fine for the job, there isnt a great deal of braking happening for any length of time so i think upping the brakes would be a bit pointless, but i will see how it goes and see how the brakes fair in the actual situation.
Paul_J

3rd May 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris has the right approach... try it out and see what needs replacing.

As you say Chris, really you only need to upgrade brakes to avoid fade / continual use (or heat) ... e.g. on track you'd suffer problems, but on a hill climb I'm not sure you would.

Good luck - should be good.
gazza808

3rd May 11 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you going to cage it at all?
may have a half omp 106 cage for sale
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
are you going to cage it at all?
may have a half omp 106 cage for sale

no point as its not a requirement for road class thus making the car just heavier for no reason..
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it looks like this is going to be put on hold for the minute.. just doing some insurance quotes and they are stupid..

so far cheapest i have had is 550 from bell on a limited 1500 miles and TPO..

something isnt right here, i must be doing something wrong.. the insurers i am with was going to charge me £860! for the same details.
Anty
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this thread
ChrisBoom

3rd May 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want another S1
Tedney

3rd May 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You bought that off a girl eh? Josephine Peckitt?

Thats right. This is from round my area. Didn't look a bad car tbh but I never got close to it lol.
chris_uk
Premium Member

6th May 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update :

I went to the Harewood driving school yesterday for a look around and an idea of what was what and i got talking to one of the instructors and explained that i wanted to start next season and that i was looking at a pug 106 and explained the reason for not using the vx.. (i would be in a class with 600+bhp evos, over 2litre road modified) he told me i wouldnt be in that class it would be in the elise class (dedicated lotus type class) and that the vx would slot straight in with the others, i mentioned that the engine of my vx was 2.2L and the elises where only 1.8's and he said it didnt matter..

As it happens the current 2nd place of that class was at the school and i was asking about the car etc, what kind of power it had and what not. After about 20 mins of chatting id got a lot of info about the car and class, currently the car was running approx 200bhp and i can only presume it weighed a bit less than a standard S1 elise (had no back window and you could see some weight saving had been done) The current leading car is a 2-11, 725kg, 190bhp, 133ft-lbs which is (currently) 6/10th's faster at the last event than the S1 elise owner i was talking to.

So now im thinking that i should enter the VX next season as opposed to buying the pug106 and having the problems that come with an older motor.. I mean, ive spent near on 15K getting the VX to a perfect track/sprint car so why not use the damn thing as it was meant to be used.

I didnt drive the track yesterday, but there is another in June which i will book and then drive just to get a feel for how the car in on the track and how i feel, Im just thinking that i wont have to push the car half as much as the other cars in the class just because of the sheer power/torque advantage that my car has over the others.

I suspect i will know a little more next month, but as it stands.. it looks like its the VX is the car of choice for now.
fazza

6th May 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you go without the VX if anything happened to it?

the VX would be the better option but has more outlay if you crashed or fucked it up. whereas the 106 is a few hundred quid?

whitter45

6th May 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you really want to risk the VX

If you can afford to fix it and put up with it after being bent etcthen fine

If it was me though I would get the pug and save the VX as its a great example with loads thrown at it

Each to their own though
Paul_J

6th May 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris you probably want to check the regs... most put you in a different class if boost is added...

chris_uk
Premium Member

6th May 11 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why i would try the car out on a test day see how it feels first. see how safe i feel and how confident i feel to drive the track..

I mean, i have driving down country lanes at over 120mph and didnt really worry, i cant see the difference here.
chris_uk
Premium Member

6th May 11 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Chris you probably want to check the regs... most put you in a different class if boost is added...

already checked, deffinatly in the same class. A turbo vx220 would be in the same class also, there is a 2-11 there which are supercharged and they are in the same class.
A2H GO

6th May 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you have an unfair advantage in that class.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pug 106 S1 Rallye... Update... no longer bought! 22 database queries in 0.0144489 seconds