corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Those of you who have broken a car rather than sell it

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Those of you who have broken a car rather than sell it
marklawton

User status: Offline
16th Aug 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i broke all my corsas in the past, parts went really quick though mates and word of mouth. then at the end just rang up a local scrap yard and they came out to collect, took the v5 away and then few days later i called in and collected the correct forms off them
makincorsac

16th Aug 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it depends on how u want ur money as a whole or in bits think of it that way
WATSON

16th Aug 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres ALOT of money to be made in stripping cars but it all depends on the car and parts itself.
Mieran

16th Aug 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're like me and hate sending stuff out then don't strip it.
Twiggy

16th Aug 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strip the good bits then 99p list on ebay everything that you still have after 2-3 weeks.

Then scrap.

I would love to do it but dont have the 2 main things.... A scrap car/Money to buy a scrap car and B some where to break it!
DAZ1985

16th Aug 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo worth breaking, I broke Corsa turbo, scrapped what didn't get sold still got the money I wanted for it
E30 with a shagged engine, got back original price I paid
16v s1 106 ended up being a doner car for rallye rest got weighed in

It's worth doing if you can be arsed with the hassle as said above, it's not sold till the cash is in your hands.... You will get alot of time wasters
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Aug 11 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That last Vectra I used for bits for mine, I just wrote a letter to the DVLA telling me I didn't get a certificate of destruction off the metal dealer because it had been compacted for transport. They wrote back to confirm I was no longer the keeper, job done.
corb

17th Aug 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think if i sold my corsa whole id be lucky to see 2k back on it, but in pieces i may make almost double that. if i didnt have my private plate on the car i wouldve outed it ages ago, its sat for almost 4 years now!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Those of you who have broken a car rather than sell it 22 database queries in 0.1503701 seconds