corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lowered My Car Todayyy :D... What's Your Ride Like?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowered My Car Todayyy :D... What's Your Ride Like?
Matty W

User status: Offline
1st Jul 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size wheels/tyres you on?
Chris_corsab

1st Jul 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16" 195/ 45 profile
Ste M

1st Jul 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60mm Apex springs on standard shocks. Can be bouncy as Jordan's breats, but you get used to it. Just pre-warn your passengers..

[Edited on 01-07-2011 by Ste M]
Matty W

1st Jul 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be because its on 16's

instead of seeing it as the car lower to the floor, see it as the wheel higher in the arch. because its a 16 on a 195/45 it would look lower than a 15 with the same size tyre. its hard to explain. but i recon its down to you having 16's

also, 195's are quite wide and close to the arch depending on the offset of your wheel

mines pretty close on 175/55-15's

[Edited on 01-07-2011 by music1990]

[Edited on 01-07-2011 by music1990]
Chris_corsab

1st Jul 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay then mate. just expect a u2u in a couple of weeks me moaning for help cuz im sick of bouncing down the road cuz somthing is defo wrong lmao
Matty W

1st Jul 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha where abouts in the country are you? drive up to llandudno this sunday for the nwnw meet, will probably settle by the time you get there
Chris_corsab

1st Jul 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in birmingham mate and lol no chance 2 and half hours of bouncing away i couldnt hack it lol
Lee H

1st Jul 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know if it counts as its a mk1 Corsa. Lowered on Gaz coilovers and ride quality is reasonable.

My old Corsa GSi with cheap Hottuning coilovers. Again rode fairly well and did 250 mile a week commute in it.

Chris_corsab

1st Jul 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seem like everyone is doing okay on lowering then... wonder if it is like what "music1990" sed just needs braking in abit
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Jul 11 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your deffinition of bouncy might be slighty different to someone else.

i would say my car is bouncy at the minute and im on gaz coilovers with a medium setting, but get in the zafira and that it bouncey but in a different way.

main thing you have to ask yourself is, does it perform any better than it did previous, and does it ride better than it did previous.

i cant imagine that there will be a problem, i thik you just need to let the car settle over a week or 2 and then see how it feels.
Ben G

2nd Jul 11 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly chris. my fiesta is bouncy as hell on standard suspension and not a nice feeling. can't imagine a car doing that on aftermarket lowered stuff.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Jul 11 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i would describe the difference in bouncyness kinda like this

standard - slow bouncy, up and down movements very slow.. very rolly in corners etc
modded - sharp bouncy, up and down movements very quick, not as rolly in corners.

both bouncy but different kinds of bouncy

[Edited on 02-07-2011 by chris_uk]
gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Jul 11 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks good that nova is nice too

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Jonny.K

2nd Jul 11 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars looks clean mate really nice thts my SRI on coilovers needs ti cum down a bit at the back but all in good time lol
Chris_corsab

2nd Jul 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris your right ther its like a fast bouncy but i feel like one of these corsa boys that chop ther springs on standard shocks go down the road boping away lol

or is it just me the fact is im lowerd deal with it?

also got a problem i went to track my car today and the hole in the shocks cant be tracked so now i have to drill out (rim) abit of the hole away so i can move it to be tracked :/

also at the back my springs are sitting like this on the back is this right the spring touching each other?

richc

2nd Jul 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there such a thing where you lower your car and still have a decent ride?

Everycar ive had, or best friends had have always rode like shit around town/housing estates due to the slight bumpers here and there.

Im talking raceland coilovers (cheap and on my mates passat it never ever stops bouncing down the road), OMP springs on my puma, GAZ springs and gas shockers on my old Corsa b, eibach on my megane f1 (too firm but not bouny).

Ben G

2nd Jul 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc you can get things that sit in between the springs to stop them rubbing each coil.
Chris_corsab

2nd Jul 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how come its rubbing each coil do you know?
Chris_corsab

2nd Jul 11 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

springs just shit or to soft or what?
martyn_1.4

2nd Jul 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had lowered mine 40mm on jamex springs and it was awful, swapped for a gmax 60mm shortened gas shocks & springs and the ride wasnt that bouncy also the jamex sat coilbound as above but the Gmax didnt
Chris_corsab

2nd Jul 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they are shit then or..?
Jake

2nd Jul 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

budget lowering kit mate what did you expect? i take it youve never had a lowered car before
Chris_corsab

2nd Jul 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na mate first time and tight funds lol i thought spax wer okay brand tho... And they are new only been on car a day and they are like that lol
AlexW

2nd Jul 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The coils are touching as its low poundage springs, basically what your standard cheap lowering kit has, Your expecting the world from a modded car, no chance.

Bouncy is a very vague term, my old std shocks and 60mm springs used to bounce up and down going along a flat bit of road as it picked up on the tiniest bump and then hit the bump stops etc, Now with coilovers its much harder but handles it soo much better.
Christopher

2nd Jul 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm -60 all round on James shocks and springs and it's perfect ride! Stiff enough to reduce roll but comfortable for long drives!

[Edited on 02-07-2011 by Christopher]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lowered My Car Todayyy :D... What's Your Ride Like? 23 database queries in 0.0181692 seconds