corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
1st Aug 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet the driver was fine
adiohead

1st Aug 11 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

Back to the Future II, imho
Nath

1st Aug 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did that crash happen at 88mph?
mwg

1st Aug 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No straights long enough for a Corrado to reach 88mph
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol @ back to the future comment
Jake

1st Aug 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corrado driver thinking they handle better than they do. also xaos is getting boyed HARD in this thread
sc0ott

1st Aug 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard Bedford is going to be in forza 4.
Nath

1st Aug 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I heard Bedford is going to be in forza 4.

And Fabia's are going to be in a higher category than GT3's.
3CorsaMeal

1st Aug 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them aerials are tough, even trees can't harm them
antnee

1st Aug 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
them aerials are tough, even trees can't harm them

Only 25k ones.
SXi_Tim

1st Aug 11 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beat the Porsche it was leaving you for dead on the straights matey couldn't even see it half the time. Not beaten, probably an amateur learning the car, not wanting you harrasing them.
xa0s
Banned

1st Aug 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
Beat the Porsche it was leaving you for dead on the straights matey couldn't even see it half the time. Not beaten, probably an amateur learning the car, not wanting you harrasing them.

Probably... But I never said otherwise? The driver was clearly shit, put a decent driver in the GT3 RS and I'd be fucked but that wasn't the case. The GT3 RS got overtaken several times and you could tell that he wasn't just 'getting out of the way', he was being gained on constantly.

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
what a boring looking trackday, wtf is everyone else doing, just driving around to get a legoland license?

i would get fcuked right off if i'd gone to a track day and found everyone driving around in a que like that, same as they do on the public roads

My thoughts exactly... I left 2 hours before the end. Most people just drove around like they was on a motorway, setting their cruise control and so on... I really don't think I did anything in the video that was considered dangerous or whatever so not entirely sure why I'm being jumped on. I suppose that's CS all over though.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
can you overtake on either side at bedford?

They didn't mention anything about sides, just that they have to give consent, but that went out of the window very early on as I was being overtaken constantly without giving consent.

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
People who drive like you on a track day always crash at some point.

Have fun on your next day.

People who drive like me? Where in the video was anything unsafe? I'm sure I'll crash at some point but why would I pay £200 for a track day to drive like I can on the road? A lot of people there was poodling around, I don't see the fun in that, a track day is so you can go fast and improve your driving I thought...

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Beating a Porker GT3 lol. Then you woke up in a pool of spunk.

As said he was probably getting out of the way.

If you say so... Any car can be overtaken (as proved) if the person behind the wheel can't drive.

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Moron. It's not a race, and going by your facebook status and the kill list I think you believe you are racing. Beating a Porsche GT3 in a Skoda? More like he saw you driving like a lunatic and wanted you out of the way.

I know it's not a race? That doesn't mean I don't want to try and get around the track as quickly as possible though... Like many other people there... And on several occasions he was a long, long way in the distance and was caught up and overtaken. He couldn't drive for shit...

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
funny vid, pretty sure u killed the evo by driving like u are and braking latter, not straight line...

I never said otherwise?

quote:
also having seen few gt3rs on track they are a serious track car! if u get a really commited driver then u wont have a chance against one! FACT!

That goes without saying...

quote:
having done few track days.... my understanding of overtaking.... overtake when given concent by the car infront, like moving over or indicating etc!

Yep but lots of people on the track wouldn't do that even though you're clearly quicker, so you either had to drop back to leave tons of room in front of go for an overtake without consent.

quote:
think most of pit lane prob decided that your crazy and move out your way when your coming along......lol!

There was a lot of guys out there that were having fun too. I think sessions have their advantages with intermediate/advanced skill levels as mixing everyone on one circuit was pretty strange.

quote:
Originally posted by John
Looks like the faster cars are still considerably faster than you, pull away by miles, all slow down for the corner in plenty of time because it's not a race, then you come barrelling down thinking that because you've caught them up when they've all slowed down you are faster?

It would make sense that a faster car is faster than me, surely? I'd hope a slower car is slower than me too...

Why is acceleration different to braking? Why is it acceptable to accelerate as fast as you possibly can without it being a race but if you brake hard then you're a moron because it's clearly not a race?
SXi_Tim

1st Aug 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:

Probably... But I never said otherwise? The driver was clearly shit, put a decent driver in the GT3 RS and I'd be fucked but that wasn't the case. The GT3 RS got overtaken several times and you could tell that he wasn't just 'getting out of the way', he was being gained on constantly.

I was going off what ojc said. The GT3 was being driven like a blind 10 yr old in the corners though.
xa0s
Banned

1st Aug 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was going off what ojc said. The GT3 was being driven like a blind 10 yr old in the corners though.

Well yeah I posted a kill list and why shouldn't I? It's not every day you manage to overtake cars such as a GT3 RS/Atom. Obviously with a better driver I'd get my arse kicked but that wasn't the case and they got overtaken several times, whether that's through acceleration, corner speed, braking, better lines or whatever...
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i could post a kill list as long as my arm of cars iv overtaken that i shouldnt in theory and thats in a shitty ford puma, why dont i? because firstly i appreciate not everyone wants to drive balls out, plus noone actually cares.
Jake

1st Aug 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being funny mate but if you had a foot race with daley thompson with his legs tied up you would brag that you beat him.

shit driver = doesnt count
micra_pete
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait, you were lapping quicker than GT3's and Atoms?

Even with me at the wheel of those cars that quite a claim.

Nicely done though.
SXi_Tim

1st Aug 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:

Well yeah I posted a kill list and why shouldn't I? It's not every day you manage to overtake cars such as a GT3 RS/Atom. Obviously with a better driver I'd get my arse kicked but that wasn't the case and they got overtaken several times, whether that's through acceleration, corner speed, braking, better lines or whatever...

From the part of the video i watched, the 911 clearly indicated right and backed off as did most of the other cars you 'overtook'
richc

1st Aug 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was perfectly safe, You were a head of him well before he turned in.

You cant win on the internet though. You drive fast on the road and you a prick, who should leave it to a track day to get your kicks. So you go on your track day, thrash it around and get mauled for doing so

Brett
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As mentioned, your mistake is assuming everyone else is driving balls out like yourself.
3CorsaMeal

1st Aug 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon some of the people are just into track days so they can show off and say my track car is better than yours
Jake

1st Aug 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe think about booking advanced sessions from now one
mike56gte

1st Aug 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am no trackday expert but i didnt really see alot wrong with what he done at any point in the video.

and not understand why he is getting so much shit for driving fast on a track. if i payed X amount to drive my car on the track i would be driving it balls out aswell.

[Edited on 01-08-2011 by mike56gte]
Butler

1st Aug 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember going round Brands with Paul J in his 106 GTI and doing a GT3 RS - true story
sc0ott

1st Aug 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if i ever take my car on a track ill be sure to remember not everyone lives their lives a quarter mile at a time. People have mortgages, shops, 'teams'. Too much to lose imo.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside... 22 database queries in 0.3219931 seconds