corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?

Poll: If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?
  Put it in your pocket and walk away.
  Hand it over to a member of staff incase they came back for it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Aug 11 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id hand it in.

I remember finding an old ladys purse on our market stall once. It had her address in, so after the market, we drove about 20 miles out of our way to deliver it to her.

All i got was o did i, whoops, what a wally cya later. Not even a thank you!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Tommy L

4th Aug 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
walk away dam right lol i remember walking up to a cash point and someone had left there card in and gone (late at night no one around or cars to be seen so i helped myself to £100 lol
What a cuntish thing to do.
Hammer

4th Aug 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it back.

I'd be full of bravado and pretend I wouldn't but I would. I can't even take change of a twenty when I've given a tenner, which has happened numerous times
JaffaTB

4th Aug 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cash machines automatically spit the card back out after a short amount of time just incase that does happen anyway?

i'd have taken the money, always take cash, i found an iphone on saturday i was going to keep it until this guy said to his mate he'd lost his phone and started looking for it so i gave it back, found one in the street once with a load of asian names and numbers in it so i kept that one and sold it on ebay
nathy_87

4th Aug 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh I'd hand it in (even they would probably pocket it anyway) as I don't need "free" money i've got a job thats fairly paid.

Edit.
quote:
Originally said by Robo C20let
walk away dam right lol i remember walking up to a cash point and someone had left there card in and gone (late at night no one around or cars to be seen so i helped myself to £100 lol

You're almost as bad as that guy that stole from his family. Shame on you!

[Edited on 04-08-2011 by nathy_87]
ed

4th Aug 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing about that story seems plausible.
Fro

4th Aug 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found a girls driving licence walking home from the clubs one night, kept forgetting to return it so ended up driving round there and giving it back to her mum a week later, turned out she had died in a car crash few days before She went to my school aswell
Nath

4th Aug 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro
Fro

4th Aug 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Felt like a right dick at that moment in time.
pow
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro but you didn't know did you.
kennySRi

4th Aug 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
I found a girls driving licence walking home from the clubs one night, kept forgetting to return it so ended up driving round there and giving it back to her mum a week later, turned out she had died in a car crash few days before She went to my school aswell

mwg

4th Aug 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I saw the person walking off without realising they'd left the money I'd tell them. If it was just sat there and had no idea who's it was to give it back I'd probably have it. The staff would only end up pocketing it themselves if you don't.
Mr-SEH

4th Aug 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that finders keepers rule plays a part ere!
Hammer

4th Aug 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro

Jesus Christ
Neo

4th Aug 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd more than likely pocket and walk off. I've left notes in the self service before but just written it off as a stupid mistake, i'm sure most people would do the same.

I've found car keys before when I was out with the gf's old man christmas shopping. Some guy had left his keys in the boot lock of his old merc. No one around and no details. Unlocked the car, found a letter in the glovebox with his home address on, relocked the car and drove to his house while the gf's dad stayed with the car, spoke to his wife that told me he was at work back where the car was, driven back to the car park and walked to where he worked. When we found him he basically laid into us for going through his glove box and even for driving to his house. Should have just taken the car tbh. Wasted about 90 minutes playing good samaritan just to recieve abuse. Don't see the point anymore, if I left my keys somewhere i'm sure the car would be gone before I could blink tbh.
Cavey

4th Aug 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd hand it in

Found someones bank card behind my car at the petrol station the other day and handed that in. Not so much Karma, as just being a nice person
Jake

4th Aug 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Take it. It's 15 quid FFS and no-one would ever hand it in for me.

now you know why you havent had a girlfriend in so long
Butler

4th Aug 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probably wouldn't like whose money it is anyway, on that basis- definitely take it.
aim1

4th Aug 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A chicken walked up to my dads flat which was a bit odd as he only lives on the outskirts of town. He put it under his arm and walked up and down the local roads knocking on doors at 9pm to find the owner. One house gave him a big Amazon box to put it in and when he finally got the owner he said "bit late for a delivery isn't it". My dad said is this your chicken and he said yeah..took the box off him and shut the door in his face.
Russ

4th Aug 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
I found a passport when I was little, took it to the owners house and they didn't even care.

but there's no address in a passport
SXIBLK

4th Aug 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they used to put an address at the back of a passport dunno if they still do
_Allan_

4th Aug 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
What a cuntish thing to do.

He has an EVO now and needs all the cash to pay for upgrades on his EVO.
harrisp

4th Aug 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would hand a phone in if I found it,
I found a purse and drove to the womans house (about 20 minute drive away) and she could barely manage to say thanks because I had been in her purse to find an address.
Would take £15 quid from a self service as no one would return it to me and it isn't a life changing amount to lose.
mwg

4th Aug 11 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone, wallet, anything like that that you can actually trace it back to someone I would give back without a doubt. If there is some money there though you have no ideas who it is so not a lot you can do so may as well have it for yourself.
Dan
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To add to my previous post.

If a shop (big one not a family run one) gave me way to much change etc, or didnt charge me for stuff, i wouldnt have no problem keeping that. They earn plenty and do lots of robbing themselves, so they wouldnt even notice.

Thats about as far as id ever go tbh

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do? 23 database queries in 0.1323211 seconds