corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying cars with cash...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying cars with cash...
Fro

User status: Offline
4th Aug 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carcraft/giant or what ever they are, are the worst from my experience.

went in to browse to see if they had what i wanted and they didnt then they tried to sell me anything offering all sorts of finance under the sun on cars that were nothing like what i went to look for.
mwg

4th Aug 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That reminds me, one of my mates quite a few years ago now came back from being away with the army in Afghanistan for 6 months, got off the plane, went to Carcraft and bought a 1.4 5 door Clio on finance over something daft like 7 years Got ripped big time
thegsi

4th Aug 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
£70,000 and told to fuck off
How much more would they have made on finance?
Salesmen are vultures.

I know, we were totally shocked. Surely selling a car for £70,000 and having the payment, in full there and then warrents some sort of benefit and praise?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
carcraft/giant or what ever they are, are the worst from my experience.

went in to browse to see if they had what i wanted and they didnt then they tried to sell me anything offering all sorts of finance under the sun on cars that were nothing like what i went to look for.

i went to one and asked if they had any mg zrs in, the guy said yes but didnt know where they were parked. so i wandered off to find them. came back and the guy said see anything you liked?

i told him there was no zr's and he just said yeah i know but did you see anything else?

fucking prick!
SXi_Tim

4th Aug 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i worked for Audi it was company policy that we couldn't take more than 4k cash for a car sale. (money laundering etc)
Graham88

4th Aug 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold my girlfriends car and I'm accepting cash, that or bank transfer I don't mind. Got one of those fancy pens that check notes
Andrew

5th Aug 11 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems it's all changed. Got a steal paying cash on my old Corsa but recently looked at a Fiesta and 207 but the sales guys would not budge. Peugeot wanted to Sell me a brand new car & motorpoint were just quite arsey and were clearly taking the piss.

Still not sure what I'm buying, hopefully my old works van cheap.
DaveyLC

10th Aug 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a dealer is offering 0% finance then they will prefer cash if they are offer a finance deal that they might be making comission on then they will prefer you take the finance and probably wont haggle for cash.
danny_dub

10th Aug 11 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for a 2nd hand car sales. The more the salesman sell finance and make money the finance companies invest more money in the company I work for so getting better stock, more cars which should mean more sales which they get more business from. People say salesman rip you off etc. If everyone knows this then why buy a car from a garage?

We used to have a salesman and if his costomer said how much cash for that car. He would reply with "more than the asking price because it means i've gotta count all the money out"

[Edited on 10-08-2011 by danny_dub]
Eddx14xe

10th Aug 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_dub
I work for a 2nd hand car sales. The more the salesman sell finance and make money the finance companies invest more money in the company I work for so getting better stock, more cars which should mean more sales which they get more business from. People say salesman rip you off etc. If everyone knows this then why buy a car from a garage?

We used to have a salesman and if his costomer said how much cash for that car. He would reply with "more than the asking price because it means i've gotta count all the money out"

[Edited on 10-08-2011 by danny_dub]

See i dont find that funny at all. A person is going to possibly be spending a lot of money on a car from the garage and he just says stuff like that. Not very good customer service at all, whether he wants to take cash or not. Same as with the Jag garage, how you were treated because you wanted to pay cash, its pathetic. Especially from professionals at a big company like that.
Graham88

11th Aug 11 at 03:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely a sale is a sale, no matter how they pay? Fair enough you make more by selling with finance but not everybody wants finance, if people want to pay cash it shouldn't make any difference to the price, it's wrong and that's bad salesmanship IMO
danny_dub

11th Aug 11 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may think hes a bad salesman but he was on the most sales etc. He was very friendly and made the buying process fun
Jambo

11th Aug 11 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People always saying things like that's bad customer service etc.. It's about making money, if that way makes more money for the business etc then that's how it will role. If it was detrimental to their business plan they would take cash.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Aug 11 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get the finance then pay it straight off with your "cash"
thegsi

11th Aug 11 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

and get stung with settlement fee's and administration costs
Ben G

11th Aug 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the same with my fiesta.

it was 7895 to purchase cash price after all discounts but they wouldn't take cash, only finance

Steve
Premium Member

11th Aug 11 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:

apparently the discounts offered with paying via finance outweigh the additional costs so people have said
A2H GO

11th Aug 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:

apparently the discounts offered with paying via finance outweigh the additional costs so people have said

I was going to do this and made sure at the garage I could before I decided. With black horse (might not be the same for all) you can only pay a lump sum after the first 12 months have passed.
Graham88

11th Aug 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
had the same with my fiesta.

it was 7895 to purchase cash price after all discounts but they wouldn't take cash, only finance

See that's bollocks, you are offering to pay using legal tender, they can't refuse that
Steve
Premium Member

11th Aug 11 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i too thought there would be some legal issue refusing legal tender
Steve
Premium Member

11th Aug 11 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know there is a law that states they dont have to accept a certain quanitity or 2ps, 1ps 5ps etc
3CorsaMeal

11th Aug 11 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my boss bought his aston db9 brand new for cash and skipped a waiting list.

overpaid though
A2H GO

11th Aug 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would think so. The garage I went to basically said the cars £10k on finance or £11k cash, take your pick.
Graham88

11th Aug 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can trading standards not get involved in that? I suppose they would just deny ever saying that though. You'd probably pay near enough 1k on interest depending on the % they give you, so you are no better off, daylight robbery
mwg

11th Aug 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds very dodgy. Wouldn't buy from a garage that was doing that.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying cars with cash... 22 database queries in 0.0104232 seconds