corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mountain Bike day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mountain Bike day
Conway563

User status: Offline
26th Aug 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
As i was after a bike (to get o & from work) and he said he ahd 3 bikes. , one (which he isn't selling) he paid £900 for? Crazy if you ask me, then he mentioned the one above, so I sid I'd have it for £200.

Mate of mine now has 5 bikes I think
His last 3 main bikes have cost around £7k each
AlunJ

27th Aug 11 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 5 bikes, fuck paying £7k each though, I'm not that rich
nathy_87

6th Sep 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I need a helmet not sure what to go for. Only need it for road use really, as I won't be doing any proper MTB. Any recommendations.
Mertin

7th Sep 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Right I need a helmet not sure what to go for. Only need it for road use really, as I won't be doing any proper MTB. Any recommendations.

Dont really have a reccomendation, I just got a pretty basic bell one from halfords for around £30.

They usually have a 3 for 2 on so could maybe get some other bits if needed and save a bit of money?
jacko198

7th Sep 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Specialized align helmet, £29.99

To be honest, if you stick to a brand you have heard of and they are all pretty similar around that price.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Sep 11 at 01:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198

To be honest, if you stick to a brand you have heard of and they are all pretty similar around that price.

always a winner the specialized align helmets

http://www.formbycycles.co.uk/product/6341/Specialized_Align_Helmet_

weve even got it going cheaper online

oh and feck hellfrauds they dont have a bloody clue about bikes, even on there adverts there standing on the wrong side of the bike whilste running through the gears of the bike, bloody muppets
morpheus22

8th Sep 11 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just been looking at mountain bikes again i had a GT chucker a few years back went on a few jumps fell off and lost my nerve so i ended up selling it lol.

been looking at a few xc bikes, i remember bumping into a bloke on my local jumps when i was about 14 with a cube bike and he told me it cost £3k custom made. carbon fibre frame all the best components at the time and i was non the wiser so looked up cube bikes yesterday and found one i like

anyone ever owned a cube bike?
morpheus22

8th Sep 11 at 06:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flaffy do you work at formby cycles?
Simon

8th Sep 11 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a cube curve which is a hybrid bike, I got it when cube were fairly new to the UK and they were pricing low with high specs to get in the market. Seemed to have raised prices now to match the rest of market but they are still really nice bikes.

I picked up a Scott ransom of ebay on Monday after a bit of a punt, not sure on the rear shock on it but fun bike
morpheus22

8th Sep 11 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are cubes sturdy?, i loved my speacalized rock hopper you could just give it stick allday and it wouldnt flinch.
Ben J

8th Sep 11 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by jacko198

always a winner the specialized align helmets

http://www.formbycycles.co.uk/product/6341/Specialized_Align_Helmet_

weve even got it going cheaper online

oh and feck hellfrauds they dont have a bloody clue about bikes, even on there adverts there standing on the wrong side of the bike whilste running through the gears of the bike, bloody muppets

I was in Formby Cycles at the weekend. You don't stock Cannondale Road bikes though so I left after having a mooch round.
Ben J

8th Sep 11 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
i have just been looking at mountain bikes again i had a GT chucker a few years back went on a few jumps fell off and lost my nerve so i ended up selling it lol.

been looking at a few xc bikes, i remember bumping into a bloke on my local jumps when i was about 14 with a cube bike and he told me it cost £3k custom made. carbon fibre frame all the best components at the time and i was non the wiser so looked up cube bikes yesterday and found one i like
anyone ever owned a cube bike?

Cube bikes are the best looking on the market imo. I was looking at Cube Road bikes. Expensive though for what you get.
morpheus22

8th Sep 11 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i was thinking seems a little pricey for a xc but they look lush lol, just wanted to be different from the mates because 9/10 have kona's
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Sep 11 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morpheus i do indeed work in formby cycles. Have done for about 6 years now . What can i help you with. Drop us a u2u if you want mate
And ben j. We dont stock cannondale atall at the moment. Mainly because there not too good. Spec wise and everything there alright but in terms of durability and reviews we dont bother. We will more than likely be stocking one or 2 in a year or so when we open the upstairs of the shop. As were basicly turning upstairs into what can only be discribed as a road emporium. So instead of only one floor with everying on it. Were having 2 floors. One for road bikes and parts and accesories and one floor for everything else
jacko198

8th Sep 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cube bikes are definitely a good buy. For there £ they are one of the best specced bikes out there
Ben J

8th Sep 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Morpheus i do indeed work in formby cycles. Have done for about 6 years now . What can i help you with. Drop us a u2u if you want mate
And ben j. We dont stock cannondale atall at the moment. Mainly because there not too good. Spec wise and everything there alright but in terms of durability and reviews we dont bother. We will more than likely be stocking one or 2 in a year or so when we open the upstairs of the shop. As were basicly turning upstairs into what can only be discribed as a road emporium. So instead of only one floor with everying on it. Were having 2 floors. One for road bikes and parts and accesories and one floor for everything else

I've spoken to loads of people and the 'Dale bikes get good reviews???
jacko198

8th Sep 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, never been a fan of cannondale.

Cube bikes are not expencive for what you get really. Full carbon with full ultegra with easton wheelset for £1800, dont see many others beating that
Ben J

8th Sep 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The road bikes I was looking at were more expensive than same spec bikes from other manufacturers. They look awesome tho.
Simon

8th Sep 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody recommend a good mountain bike forum? Or does anybody here have experience of the dreaded Scott equalizer shock?
jacko198

8th Sep 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.Pinkbike.com - would be the biggest one
Bikeradar

What would you like to know about it?
Twiggy

8th Sep 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought exactly this for £100

There is one on the bay @£250 with 2 days to go!!

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 01:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
The road bikes I was looking at were more expensive than same spec bikes from other manufacturers. They look awesome tho.

like who?
the cube road bikes as said above by jacko are full carbons with ultegra carbon groupset and easton wheel set for about 1800, i cant think of another bike with that setup for that cheap to be honest mate

should of popped over and said hey though mate
Ben J

9th Sep 11 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at the £800-£900 range tbh lol.
jacko198

9th Sep 11 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you take a look at the Dolan mythos Ben.

Very nice bikes, and the SRAM groupset that it comes with is actually lighter than the higher spec shimano ones.

That would be my recommendation, dolan are a great company, they are only down the road in ormskirk aswell which is handy.
Simon

9th Sep 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jacko - The shock doesn't hold any pressure in the negative chamber. Spoke to a guy at a scott dealer who says it needs a service!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mountain Bike day 22 database queries in 0.0146589 seconds