corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you don't like living in the UK... - Endorsed by Tiger

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you don't like living in the UK... - Endorsed by Tiger
Tiger

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Who's that aimed at

Marc
Marc

2nd Jan 12 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben J

2nd Jan 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Aus. I've been to Sydney, Melborne, Surfers Paradise an Brisbane.

Sydney is awesome. Do the bridge climb.

Melborne is cool too. Surfers Paradise is a bit touristy/tacky but great beaches and surfing (obv)

[Edited on 02-01-2012 by Ben J]
Marc

2nd Jan 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate who is over there asked me other day if I wanted to do the bridge at day or night. Going to do it at night.
Ben J

2nd Jan 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We did it in day. Bet night is amazing!
Aaron

2nd Jan 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The girls on the beach at Byron Bay and Noosa were quite simply amazing when I was there. I wasn't far off walking down the beach with a huge boner tbh.
C2RL R

2nd Jan 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was meant to be applying for permanent residency but had a change of plan. I'm getting a workin holiday visa instead and going staying with some friends while I find a job. Really want to get sponsorship but will have to see. I'll be gone by July/august.
C2RL R

4th Jan 12 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does car insurance in Oz compare with the UK? Surely it cant be as much of a rip off! You don't get much for your money over there as far as I can tell but I don't mind spending over budget on a car as long as I don't get dicked on insuring it.
Winemaker

4th Jan 12 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two words...... 'Wolf Creek'
Cybermonkey

4th Jan 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Winemaker
Two words...... 'Wolf Creek'

asif
richardworrall
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
The girls on the beach at Byron Bay and Noosa were quite simply amazing when I was there. I wasn't far off walking down the beach with a huge boner tbh.

Cybermonkey

5th Jan 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bondi Junction is good enough
Marc

5th Jan 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 weeks to go!
Marc

29th Jan 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bye everyone
Nath

29th Jan 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Safe trip
Nic Barnes

29th Jan 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a good time Marc
Marc

14th Feb 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose I best give my opinion!

Really enjoyed it and think Melbourne is a lovely place. Belgrave in the hills where we stayed was very nice, quite a few mountain bikers around. The reality of the size of the place sank in when we got there. The drive from the airport to my mates house took best part of 1.5hrs. Quite a few road trips, reminded me a bit of the Florida Keys where you drive for hours surrounded by nothing then a town appears. I was bought a travel book so used that for ideas on where to go. Castlemaine sounded interesting, but there was nothing there! The book said Ballarat was full of fancy buildings, in reality it was one street reminiscent of New Oreleans, the rest was like some of Englands shoddier towns. We did a 250mile round trip to Bendigo, again not a lot there! The book mentioned an old gold mine, it was there but nothing fancy! Hanging Rock in Woodend was good, imagine Brimham Rocks but bigger.

The centre of Melbourne was brilliant, we went up the Eureka Tower, 300m. Walking around I was expecting it to be like London where you can't move but it was surprisingly easy to get around. St Kilda again reminded me of Florida, but for good reasons. Portsea as mentioned in my other thread stood out in the book and was an interesting, if different day out.

We stayed in the St Peter's district of Sydney, I picked the cheapest hotel I could find online! Area was a bit industrial, no houses just business's. Bit of a trek in to town, we got the bus in the next day. I wasn't really impressed with Sydney if I am honest. Air didn't seem as clean and I am sure there were a lot more weirdos about! I also preferred the Melbourne skyline.

I would definately go back to Melbourne and would check out some other places further afield.

Everywhere we went:

big eck

14th Feb 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates over there workin just now. Something to do with oil. He loves it. Says its a much better way of life over there and much better pay.
Marc

14th Feb 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is better pay, but the cost of living is higher. My mate gets $3000 a month, but then it i $9 a pint in the pub!

TV and radio is terrible.
Cybermonkey

14th Feb 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sydney rocks man, you just gotta know where to go. Steer clear of george st in the CBD as its just full of homeless people and aboriginals who want to fight you. Head up to the rocks for a good pub crawl, only decent place in the CBD. For a good night, darlinghurst is far better. Lots of classy establishments and great food. Inner west areas are a bit hit and miss, st peters isnt that great but newtown and glebe are amazing.

Pound for pound, sydney chicks are much hotter than the melbourne freaks IMO. They are too grungy in melbourne.

Melbourne is an awesome city though, particularly st kilda and areas around southgate. Massive fan.

If i knew you were in town i would have given you some pointers
Cybermonkey

14th Feb 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
It is better pay, but the cost of living is higher. My mate gets $3000 a month, but then it i $9 a pint in the pub!

TV and radio is terrible.

I have never paid $9 for a schooner mate, max $7. Im on about $5k a month but thats no way near enough to buy in inner sydney on my own.

And our TV is the same as your TV numbnuts lol
James

14th Feb 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved Sydney but I didn't go to Melbourne. Spent a lot of time at the rocks and darling harbour.
Cybermonkey

14th Feb 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to steer clear of the CBD unless i have a good reason to go. Far too many asians and indians now who dont speak english, read chinese newspapers and keep to themselves without integrating properly. The place is losing its identity badly
Marc

15th Feb 12 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
I have never paid $9 for a schooner mate, max $7. Im on about $5k a month but thats no way near enough to buy in inner sydney on my own.

And our TV is the same as your TV numbnuts lol

I said pint.

Yeah, from 20 years ago! My mate had free view which consisted of reruns of Cheers, Roseanne and Family Ties! Even showed old episodes of The Bill. Breaksfast tv was alright but it isn't a patch on English tv with adberts every time you blink. The one decent thing seemed to be a New Zealand drama with Brian Cox called The Straits.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Marc]
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adverts on their tv are a joke Advert, opening credits, advert, first part, advert, second part, advert, closing credits, advert!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you don't like living in the UK... - Endorsed by Tiger 22 database queries in 0.0164621 seconds