corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fecking Mechanics Jobs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fecking Mechanics Jobs
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
26th Sep 11 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once you get a few customers, aslong as you do a good job etc etc they will recommend you to people as well.
Shrek

26th Sep 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not go and get a job at Kwik-Fit or similar establishment? While your private work builds up. Better than being unemployed. Or use this as an oppurtunity to see the error of your ways and dont waste your time with the motor trade..... Just an option
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

26th Sep 11 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer but mechanics is what i want to do shrek, rather strugle to do some thing i want to than be stuck in a job i hate doing or have no interest in, if that makes sence?
Shrek

26th Sep 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
yer but mechanics is what i want to do shrek, rather strugle to do some thing i want to than be stuck in a job i hate doing or have no interest in, if that makes sence?

Yes mate, makes perfect sense, but believe me when i say the motor trade isnt a great place to be and there's always someone out to screw you. If you have any other interests that may make a good career consider doing that (where the money is) and keep your PJ's as a little side earner/hobby.

I Wish i'd have done something you dont have to work as hard for! But seeings the world DOES revolve around money why not pick a job you get paid loads to do!? Believe me when i say you spend 3-5 years qualifying/trying to get your foot in the garage etc, you spend the rest of your working life working out ways to make money elsewhere to get out!!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

26th Sep 11 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt know you where a mechanic buddy, i know loads of mechanics who tell me not to do it and yet i still always have wanted to, i dont know if im being daft saying that or what but i dont realy have that many hobbies or interests i could make a living out of, i have loads of intersts and hobbies but none i could make a living out of

and yes unfortunatly the world does run around money and thats the only way you can get anywhere inthis world, im not very smart you see think i got like 3 or maby 4 c's at gcse the rest e's and u's so theres not alot of things i could get into especialy anything i can get good money out of haha
Sunz

26th Sep 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did nvq's aswel at college for mechanics, first 2 years was pretty much wheels and bloody tyres..

For a job you need both the experience and qualifications and at collage you won't gain the experience needed, they should really be doing something about informing many people about that really, a large % will do 3 years at collage and then believe they will be able to get a job very quickly or atleast be ready with their skills but it's just not true.
LeeM

26th Sep 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can be done, few of the lads off my course have jobs from it. i realised the moneys shit so came to uni to do engineering
jay26

26th Sep 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly not worth being a mechanic, unless your at a big dealership (merc, aston martin, bentley ect
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 11 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Did you not look into this before going to college and find out that nobody will ever take you on?
Not sure how you could have checked this before doing the course, employers asking for experience wouldn't have put me off that career path and if the college has had any success in the past, they certainly won't exclusively have been placing in employers with that policy.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 11 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
haha bloody hell mate, i would send more but theres only 15 main dealers around the whole merseyside, however i have been into 99.9% of private garages with the cv's and letters too
With respect, that's bollocks. I could probably beat that figure just driving from mine to town.

99.9% of every private garage in Merseyside is probably 500 garages, I would even guess more. You don't need to start in a main dealer. In fact probably won't start in one.
John

26th Sep 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Did you not look into this before going to college and find out that nobody will ever take you on?
Not sure how you could have checked this before doing the course, employers asking for experience wouldn't have put me off that career path and if the college has had any success in the past, they certainly won't exclusively have been placing in employers with that policy.

Because with a slight bit, of research he'd have found out its one of they trades that you'll never get a job with your laminated qualification and no on the job experience.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 11 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounded like you were suggesting that experience alone would be preferable to experience alongside the course.

I would think the course stands him in better stead than if he was going there unqualified, but I also don't buy the claim that those avenues are currently exhausted.
Eddx14xe

26th Sep 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf im surprised you don't need an apprenticeship or some sort of experience to become fully qualified like you do with construction trades.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 02:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
haha bloody hell mate, i would send more but theres only 15 main dealers around the whole merseyside, however i have been into 99.9% of private garages with the cv's and letters too
With respect, that's bollocks. I could probably beat that figure just driving from mine to town.

99.9% of every private garage in Merseyside is probably 500 garages, I would even guess more. You don't need to start in a main dealer. In fact probably won't start in one.

i know youdidnt mean it in a harsh way btw i was over exaturating (sp :s) alot obviously. But ive been into all main dealers. And as many private gareges as i know and as my mates know. Or ones that ive heard of or ever drove past or anything.
cavmad

27th Sep 11 at 05:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlaFFy: if you are (as previous posts suggest) on The Wirral somewhere drop me a pm.
I know somewhere that would be worth trying as they often take on lads. No guarantees mind, but it's definately worth asking them and at least putting your name down so to speak.
LeeM

27th Sep 11 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Because with a slight bit, of research he'd have found out its one of they trades that you'll never get a job with your laminated qualification and no on the job experience.

it can be done, it just takes effort. theres one or two lads who came out of my course with a qualification who were fucking useless,and garages know this happens. you show them you know what youre doing and youll get the job.
flybikeslee

27th Sep 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut your hair for a start
taylorboosh

27th Sep 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

College is a waste of time... Totally useless imo
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee if i cut my hair any more id have to shave it bald. Ive got a 2 all over :s

Cavmad im in liverpool so not quite the wirral but i wudnt be arsed about the commute tbh. Ill drop you a pm now anyways

John. College isnt a waste of time tbh. The college i went to was run like a real garage. Had customers cars in that we did payed jobs for. Obv the stufents didnt get paid and the monies went to new tools and things like that. So most things i know how to do came from that. It wasnt a waste of time atall. Teaches you quite alot tbf
cavmad

28th Sep 11 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just replied Flaffy, let me know if you get any joy.

I agree about college too, my lad has learnt quite a bit and at the end of day most employers these days want people to have certificates for passing courses and what not.
allza

28th Sep 11 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work as mechanic for a Independant garage and we see lots of cv's from graduates. However they really do lack the hands on experience and need to be shown how to do a lot of jobs for at least a year until they are comfortable working alone. It actually can take more time showing someone what to do than just doing it yourself. This is mainly because there are so many different cars it can look scary to a graduate. It also takes years to get to know the common problems and how to diagnose faults which is where the real skill is. You just need to keep trying and even working trial sessions ar garages for free. Maybe say you are willing to work ob a trial basis and for a week, that way they don't have the obligation to keep you on if they dong want to.
spencer88

28th Sep 11 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
College is a waste of time... Totally useless imo

I agree.

I mean college only allowed me to get into Uni and progress my career and open up possibilities all around the world.

But yes, useless.
John

28th Sep 11 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have went to united straight from school.
cavmad

28th Sep 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Could have went to united straight from school.

Decent player is he?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ be dum tish!

Haha no but seriously nice one mate i appreciate it. Thanks for all the info guys. Been quite a big help.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fecking Mechanics Jobs 22 database queries in 0.0134480 seconds