corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » big elite crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author big elite crash
AK

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zero - it just doesnt appeal to me....

I just imagine it being like the benidorm of trackdays

Unfounded, probably.... but thats my expectations
lee303

3rd Oct 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
i just dont get it....

Why on earth do folk travel so far and pay so much to do tracktime with bikes/vans/buses/roadworks

We have world class tracks in the UK with proper rules, and safer conditions.... use them

Steve - not picking on you here, but you are a prime example (i may be wrong). How many UK track days have you done? How many times have you been to the ring? Why not do more UK trackdays with the money you are spending on 'Ring' trips?

All you tend to read about is folk moaning about traffic, accidents and deaths. Some of the videos you see of the general public days look like comedy sketches.

because its unlike any other track in the world? and also because it becomes a holiday, rather than just a day out doing a track day, have you been?

the above crash is bad obviously, written off RSR and the ring taxi involved etc etc and tbh ring need to take some blame for it as there were no flags or warnings and a que formed up the hill etc etc, and apparently that is getting more common with the new management in charge of the place, which a lot of the local people are getting the hump with thinking it will lead to the closure of TF days. which is very possible if the death rates keep going up, no matter how much money it earns, this is why going out there for a track day is appealing more to me now, but in some ways that makes the experience more tame, which is a shame, i quite like the cut and thrust of a fairly busy day there tbh, its all top gears fault anyway, used to be even more elitist before clarkson took that jag there and made it look like a picnic to get a sub 10 minute lap...
AK

3rd Oct 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt it a walk in the park to get sub 10mins?

lee - see prev post. I havent been 'Neverbeen' I just dont see that attraction of going on a mobbed trackday with all sorts of machinery that really shouldnt be out on track together.

In this health and safety crazy day and age its amazing its not had to tigthen its rules yet.

I fancy doing Spa If we get an R35 in 2012 we'll try and make plans for that. Feck towing one of our trackcars all that distance (and ferry costs)

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by AK]
AK

3rd Oct 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS - if we do a trackday in the UK (other than Knockhill) its nearly always a long weekend.... like mini UK holidays.

I quite like beach holidays in warm places....
lee303

3rd Oct 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree on the trailer costs thing mate, and i like driving my car there, even if i don’t get to drive it back occasionally you should go at least once though, it really is better than most people describe, and if you do Spa, then its only an hour away, which highlights the beauty of the TF days, you can just nip along there, do a lap or two, then go back if you like, can’t do that in the uk! i’m going to Spa on the way to germany next year for sure, its as good as the ring there imo

and lol, it might be a walk in the park for an experienced track driver like yourself, but every muppet now thinks they can turn up in a battered saxo and beat clarkson, which usually ends in tears...

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by lee303]

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by lee303]
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK rent a car out there
lee303

3rd Oct 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

In this health and safety crazy day and age its amazing its not had to tigthen its rules yet.

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by AK]

this is another good reason to enjoy it before they put speed cameras on it tbh!
3CorsaMeal

3rd Oct 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people with bent clios and minis with budget suspension......
SetH

3rd Oct 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
zero - it just doesnt appeal to me....

I just imagine it being like thebenidorm of trackdays

Unfounded, probably.... but thats my expectations

ROFLROIDZ
AK

3rd Oct 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
AK rent a car out there

i've looked at the costs for things i'd want to take on track - not paying that

Eitherway - its my opinion of the place.... I may still visit at somepoint but I'm not going out of my way to make plans to go there

If we do go to Spa it would prob be rude not to do a couple of laps (you cant even do bloody laps of the 'ring' can you!?)
John

3rd Oct 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ring was much better before the noobs started going.

2 years ago when I went the first of the 3 times I've been.
Nick-S

Mercedes Unimog
lee303

not a complete lap if thats what you mean, but you can do a 20 minute session on the GP track if you crave passing a start finish line...
adiohead

3rd Oct 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
If we do go to Spa

I'd be up for a deep tissue massage and reflexology
lee303

3rd Oct 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

before clarkson first went, it was amazingly quiet most times i went, you would always get a space in the tarmac car park, no queuing to get on, that sort of thing, literally the next summer after the Tg thing aired, they had to install more gates to do follow on laps as the queue to get off the track stretched back past the ‘gantry’ and it was like 8 euros a lap...
Butler

3rd Oct 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even on the busiest of days, I found the ring less busy than your average UK track day. Its one of those things where you have to experience to understand how good it is. Its so much better than any UK track day ive done, and ive done plenty. Its an awesome track with such an unmatched aura.
AK

3rd Oct 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so those vids of folk weaving between bikes, passing buses.... STOPPING on the track to wait for friends etc must have simply been off days

I know there is always good and bad days, busy/quiet etc.... I'd rather head down the M6 to Oulton, carry on to Anglesey.... across to Brands then up passed Donnington on the way home.

It would more than likely work out cheaper for me.

If i lived on the south coast I'd be more likely to have a visit I think. I live 600miles north of London though
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i must admit im not as keen at weekends when its busier. Week day evenings though dont have much at all on there
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i usually do lots of viewing on the weekend days, maybe a lap or two. Then on the week day evenings is when i go all elitist
alan-g-w

3rd Oct 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should have big foam signs on the grass at 1000yds, 750, 500, etc. counting down to the roadworks and they could have avoided this, the way that sign just popped up seemingly out of no-where on the exit of a bend is fucking moronic

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by alan-g-w]
Ben J

3rd Oct 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with AK on this tbh. Much rather go to Oulton Etc on an organised track day than risk it on a tricky, poorly managed "track" with bloody roadworks and people who's ambition outweighs their talent.

I would do a lap however if I was ever in the area but doubt I'd go just for the Ring.

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by Ben J]
richardworrall
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any reason why cant watch the vid? saying the Vid is private
Stu

3rd Oct 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I just imagine it being like the benidorm of trackdays

smcGSI16V

3rd Oct 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee303
quote:
Originally posted by John

before clarkson first went, it was amazingly quiet most times i went, you would always get a space in the tarmac car park, no queuing to get on, that sort of thing, literally the next summer after the Tg thing aired, they had to install more gates to do follow on laps as the queue to get off the track stretched back past the ‘gantry’ and it was like 8 euros a lap...

Those were the days early 2000's.

Much better then it is now.

But I still wont stop going there despite the numerous inccidents etc, even if it does take 8 years between visits. There just isn't any place like it in this country and despite how good the tracks and the track days are in this country. I have done over 40 + track days at about 10 different venues accross the country and nothing compares.

Despite the idiots!
Hammer

3rd Oct 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should just shut it to the public.

You get absolute fannies spending their wages on drill bits to chop bits off their car to drive back to Germany just to stick their car into a fence.

Pointless.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » big elite crash 22 database queries in 0.1804450 seconds