corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » --ToM--'s Mk3 Astra GSI project thread ***GASH wheels sorted***

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author --ToM--'s Mk3 Astra GSI project thread ***GASH wheels sorted***
Jed D

User status: Offline
18th Oct 11 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
Kieran
Premium Member

19th Oct 11 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front end looks miles cooler now! When the lights are in it will be even more so!
--ToM--

19th Oct 11 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which lights mate the quads? i dont know weather to fit them :S not to keen what you think?
Kieran
Premium Member

19th Oct 11 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea quads. I think it could look pretty cool. Look more mean and track. If that's the look your going for?
--ToM--

19th Oct 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really know what look im going for to be honesy lol only thing i dont like is the grill will foul my intercooler and with the indicators being seperate it looks shit with morrettes then a big indicator at the side lol and from pictures iv seen whereas a corsa looks mean with morrettes they make the astra look scared
JamesMc

19th Oct 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you not got any pictures of the morrettes fitted? have seen some before that look cool with them, are you gonna put the boot back to standard? smoothed doesnt look that good tbh.

[Edited on 19-10-2011 by JamesMc]
taylorboosh

19th Oct 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are strange pics of the ramp imo
--ToM--

19th Oct 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate havent had it out yet this week as weathers bin too shit to drag it out and no room in the workshop to get it out either lol and nah i havvent fitted them iv seen piks of them on other cars though not too keen...

and as for the smooth boot funny you should say that my rear boot panel arrived today
--ToM--

21st Oct 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my gsi rear lights turned up the other day and wer fitted immediately havent had a chance to update with piks yet so here they are fitted boot rear panel has also arrived and will be smoothed in the key hole area and painted when i get a chance

before

comparison

both gsi lights

fitted

--ToM--

22nd Oct 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well today i had a big update nothing really that required taking any pictures but still im made up as iv saved myself a fortune from paying a local tuning garage to sort it for me as i couldnt be bothered to spend the time on it but i bit the bullet and did it,

when i bought the car i noticed when turning the ignition you get the usual dash lights i.e battery brake fluid level engine management oil etc etc well this only had the handbrake/fluid one and nothing else i though when test driving it the lad might of bin hiding something but the car drove and pulled ok not amazingly but ok so i was happy, when fitting plasma dials i noticed all the relevant bulbs were in and not removed so i left it at that untill today,

ripped all the clocks out and the foot well plastics did a few tests using random bits of wire etc to see what what anyway turns out it was wired incorrectly, couple of hours later and a bit of cutting and soldering i now have a working diagnostics plug , engine management light, oil light etc etc so im very happy, the reason i wanted to do this was the boost was set so low i didnt want to turn it up if the ecu had faults that i didnt know about so it was essential to have it done!

next i started the car up and voilaaa engine management light didnt come on untill i took it for a spin then it came on and stayed on so quick trip to work plugged in my now working diagnostic plug which said it was crank sensor i cleared the code and havent had the light back on in over 50 miles but have ordered one anyway for monday just to eliminate it completely!

i then went back home to have a look at another issue that since i got it its always idled high just above 1000rpm rather than just below, remove the turbo plasic tophat cover to look at all the breathers and vac pipe set up........... OH GOD dont know who did these but completely wrong , a little while later a few pipes cut swapped and extended turned the key and BAM idling perfect , according to boost gauge it was boosting to 5psi so i turned it up to 7 took it for a spin felt alot better then up to 10psi and feels alot quicker not going to turn it anymore if anything im going to turn it down a bit untill iv got a gauge in bar , according to interweb 0.69bar is 10psi and 0.7bar is standard c20let boost so im about right,

also removed the plugs to see what they looked like after a good hard drive they looked very good mixture seems ok no messy sooty or wet plugs treated it to a new set for good measure

also fitted some new brake pads to the front as they were getting a bit on the low side

and finally treated it to a new alpine head unit with ipod connection and fixed the ariel as it was doing my head in not having the radio

if anyone has any more info on boost set up etc id be grateful as im kinda self teaching myself what it should be etc
Danny92

22nd Oct 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car looks amazing, would love to have one of these one day
Jamie-C

22nd Oct 11 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks well mate. Is the smooth boot staying?
--ToM--

23rd Oct 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys, the smooth bootlid is staying in a way.... because im not replacing it, but i have bought the proper grey gsi boot panel which once painted i will be fitting and putting the reg plate on so its not hanging off the bumper so it looks a bit more original
bolton

23rd Oct 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what chips as the ecu got fitted?
--ToM--

23rd Oct 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard ecu mate bidding on eds 3.5 at the moment
Jamie-C

23rd Oct 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, will look much better with the GSi panel and number plate in the right place, that was the only thing putting me off it, I'm glad you said that
--ToM--

23rd Oct 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha yeah mate tell me about it the smooth boot and white wheels are gash!!! was going to sort the boot panel this weekend but decided to get it running right first instead lol
--ToM--

30th Oct 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent updated for a little while done a couple more cosmetic modifications to make it look lesss shite lol , the intercooler was the 1st job as it was too in your face etc etc and i want it to look more standardish and also the gash white wheels so iv changed them both over the weekend, amazing what a fresh lick of paint can do im made up its like a different car i think, opinions welcome guys ...

taylorboosh

30th Oct 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads better
Jed D

30th Oct 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks stunning now
bullock106xsi

30th Oct 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome exterior now!
bigron1988

30th Oct 11 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much better
SeanXE

30th Oct 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome! Still got the Vectraa?
Jed D

30th Oct 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little touch but a set of astra g sidelight repeaters would look good imo

...and as jamie said, glad your putting the plate back were it belongs, got me wanting one of these now
--ToM--

30th Oct 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the rear reg plate panel is in the bodyshop still needed a bit more than the wheels as its having the hole filled and its being done as a favour so its as and when really cant wait to get it on though definately needs some kind of smoked side repeaters now the white wheels are gone lol

and no the vectra has gone now sadly no use for it anymore

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » --ToM--'s Mk3 Astra GSI project thread ***GASH wheels sorted*** 23 database queries in 0.0127170 seconds