corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a crash, they don't want to use insurance?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had a crash, they don't want to use insurance?
John

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was getting quotes the other day it specifically said otherwise.

Can't remember the wording but it was basically tell us about anything at all.
Jambo

23rd Oct 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to declare it. But it depends what the wording they use is. Have you had any accidents? (Regardless of fault) is a clear indicator you cant lie.

I forgot to mention it on my girlfriends insurance with swiftcover that i was in a NF accident and the buiggers sent me a letter a few days later telling me to declare ot or they will do me for insurance fraud

So yes, delcare it.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Oct 11 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
a non fault claim is one where you have been paid a sum or had your car repaired by your own insurer but it wasnt your fault, ie; hit and run or stolen vehicle.
And yet if you explain that the other insurer paid out and neither you or your own insurer are out of pocket, they still load it.

As Jambo says, the questions are worded to get the most information, pretty much all of which ends up with higher prices.
Jambo

23rd Oct 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not always I forget who but one online thing just said made a claim? Which I hadn't and was never brought up again
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Oct 11 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring her and tell her you have someone that will do the repair for £250. If she says that seems a lot then say ok I'll ring my insurance company and let them sort it with yours.

She will soon Pay up. I had a guy hit my nova and then try to drive off. It damaged the Bumper and bonnet and grill and I told him it would be £400 to repair and he kicked off. Td him not to worry then I'll get onto my insurance. Soon enough paid it up after he told me his excess was £600.

Make them aware it will work out in there best interest!
JM_16v

24th Oct 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone hit me in the rear a little while ago, they asked to pay cash but when i found out he leaved about 300miles away i thought it was hard to chase him so got insurance involved
whitter45

24th Oct 11 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a quote and ask her to pay

Don't tell the insurance

However if it drags out and she then wont pay and you try and log it with insurance they will surely ask why its taken so long

As others have said - if you tell insurance your quote will go up reagrdless of fault

To the insurance you will be calssed as a risk as there are legal costs involved regardless of who is to blame

Best to get it actioned with a quote and commitment for her to pay ASAP

[Edited on 24-10-2011 by whitter45]
3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fcuking hate this country, what a stupid thing insurance is
3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a week to sort it, then the lady disappears off to new zealand for a month
Liam-Wilko

24th Oct 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone is right tbh there is no wright and wrong about what to do it is all personal prefrence but when it comes to accidents and insurance company will increase ya premium regardles to who is to blame due to risk

way up your options go online get a qoute of how much of an increase your insurance will go up by.

but my advise would be to get cash in hand and mention nothing els about it once you have the cash insurance do not need to know if you deal with it privetly

u2u me if yas need help and il try and help as i worked in insurace for a while

[Edited on 24-10-2011 by liam-corsa-1400]
adiohead

24th Oct 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet she's not insured
Jake

24th Oct 11 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i have a week to sort it, then the lady disappears off to new zealand for a month

its not difficult is it? get her to give you 300quid. the car isnt even worth that really
adiohead

24th Oct 11 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is she hot?
whitter45

24th Oct 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

easy - get quote. Send it to her or speak to her. if she agrees then get it done or ask for money upfront.

If she doesn't you have options. Get it fixed at your cost or go through insurance. Thing is, your car is likely to be written off and your excess probably will cost of the same as doing it privately

So IMO you have 2 options

Get a quote and she pays for it
Get a quote she doesn't agree and you pay out of your own pocket

Insurance will only write the car off and increase your premium

All this is assumption as no pics have been put forward

3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got quote, was pretty much £250, new non-geniune bumper and foglight + fitting and painting.

seems about right i spose, will ring her in a min to tell her.

3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she is getting sketchy now, not sure how this is heading.

Just phoned and she said she was on her way out, she told me at the accident that next weekend she is off to new zealand for a month, so only a week to sort things out.
Now on the phone she said she is just about to go out to swindon until thursday. And also that if its going to be as much as that she might use insurance

whitter45

24th Oct 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
she is getting sketchy now, not sure how this is heading.

Just phoned and she said she was on her way out, she told me at the accident that next weekend she is off to new zealand for a month, so only a week to sort things out.
Now on the phone she said she is just about to go out to swindon until thursday. And also that if its going to be as much as that she might use insurance

thought this might happen

What was the damage to her car - this will surely dictate to her how she wants to proceed
John

24th Oct 11 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the insurance involved.

I'd normally say avoid them at all costs but if she's starting to mess you about this early on just phone them.

Might be worth a gentle reminder that you are just about to phone them to see if she suddenly comes up with the money first.
3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no damage at all to her car, couldn't see anything, was quite a few dints and stuff on it where she has reversed into other stuff before, but just tiny marks
whitter45

24th Oct 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no damage at all to her car, couldn't see anything, was quite a few dints and stuff on it where she has reversed into other stuff before, but just tiny marks

then surely its in her benefit to settle out side of insurance

just keep chasing her
Jambo

24th Oct 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See!! Always dodgy. Insurance will cover you.
A2H GO

24th Oct 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Get the insurance involved.

I'd normally say avoid them at all costs but if she's starting to mess you about this early on just phone them.

Might be worth a gentle reminder that you are just about to phone them to see if she suddenly comes up with the money first.
3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worst comes to it, i will drive around with duct tape bumper and crash into her and drive off next time i see her
3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we live within a mile of each other, everyone knows everyone sort of thing.

i just mentioned her name and know most of the family history already my mum worked with her daughter, my mates mum is friends with her. Her husband died the other year, she lost her farm. blah blah, i end up feeling like the guilty one
Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring your insurance company now and give them her details. job done. your insurance can't go up when its her fault.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a crash, they don't want to use insurance? 22 database queries in 0.0124280 seconds