corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
AndyKent

User status: Offline
14th Nov 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
plus you cant really have proper relationships when still with your 'rents, no matter what anyone says

This is true.

Unless you have a proper semi-detached set up/granny annex type thing where you don't disturb parents.

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by AndyKent]
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or a pikey van in the garden like will said

To be honest, if my parents lived closer i'd well be sticking a static in the field. Cheap living ftw
Ricky352

14th Nov 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Its more commonplace now to rent. Buying a house dosent seem to be as mch of a big deal anymore.

One of my lecturers was telling me (so not sure how true it is) that in Australia a lot of people would not aspire to owning a mortgage and may rent thier whole life because they would rather have the cash to spend on having a good time.

Personally I aim to get a mortgage on my first property but it all depends......
Jed D

14th Nov 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was out the house at 16

didnt have another house to go into though

no regrets
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm bang up for it
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mortgage is cheaper though, just comes with more shit. Longest i could have to wait till i move house is 6 month. Not a chance when you own the place.
Ian
Site Administrator

There are many many benefits to renting but most people overlook them to tie themselves in to silly deals and suffer price crashes.
taylorboosh

14th Nov 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Someone I used to chat to on Xbox was 40 and still lived with his mum. I think he did move out for several years at some point and ended up moving back home though.

Nic barnes?

Tbh i dont live at home and am fortunate to have a girlfriend with a very hard working dad to rent us a house for peanuts. I dont see anyshame in living at home, i love my mam and miss seeing her every day tbh..
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
I'm bang up for it

My dad did it for years while he was building his house.

Was gonna scam some land out of him and stick a house on it one day but its fucking greenbelt so gotmore chance of getting sence out of an essex boy
Ojc

14th Nov 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently modifying Sarah's house to Ojc specification
N3CRO

14th Nov 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Someone I used to chat to on Xbox was 40 and still lived with his mum. I think he did move out for several years at some point and ended up moving back home though.

Nic barnes?

No, no one off here.
nathy_87

14th Nov 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24 - Living at Parents.

Because I haven't had everything handed to me like some people, also waiting for gf to finish Uni, then we're going to move in together then. But Im comfortable where I am at the minute.

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by nathy_87]
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
There are many many benefits to renting but most people overlook them to tie themselves in to silly deals and suffer price crashes.

Speaking from experience?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deposit money is so hard todo unless you are an avid saver from a young age. Or have generous parents.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
sc0ott

14th Nov 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gf has her own place 2 miles from me but she doesnt drive.

Plus i do a lot of travelling for work in a civic type r, only passed my test about 2 and a bit years ago, so theres a lot to be saved when my premiums drop and when i sell my car. Could be getting either a company car or cash allowance next year which will also help.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we have greenbelt but if I could ever go with the self build idea I think you can knock down barns and build on it within the boundaries of the old barn. Slightly more complicated than that I'm sure
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
24 - Living at Parents.

Because I haven't had everything handed to me like some people, also waiting for gf to finish Uni, then we're going to move in together then. But Im comfortable where I am at the minute.

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by nathy_87]

Bit out of order.

I have been handed nothing. but managed to move out as a teen. Its what you make of yourself, not what you get given.

If you cant move out then thats your fault, and only your fault
BluKoo

14th Nov 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since my mum died and my bro moved out, its just me and my dad in the house, and I'd feel bad leaving him.
I really want to move out soon though...
LeeM

14th Nov 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 24, lived with my mum the last few years when I went back to college now I'm livin away at uni and doubt I'll move in with either parent long term again. 8 weeks a year at my mums will do me!
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
I think we have greenbelt but if I could ever go with the self build idea I think you can knock down barns and build on it within the boundaries of the old barn. Slightly more complicated than that I'm sure

Dad only got permission cos he worked in agriculture at the time.

Might become a farmer for a couple of years to get planning permission
Jed D

14th Nov 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
23 and put in for a council house/flat, but takes ages to get offered anything.

because there's people like our lasses chronically ill brother who had been homeless for over 5 month waiting for a poxy flat that someone's died in
not to mention he's been told his kidney is rejecting and only has so long to live
yeah lets give a council house to someone who need space from there parents because they cant be arsed to wash there dishes

soz for the drunken rant

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by Jed D]
taylorboosh

14th Nov 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm currently modifying Sarah's house to Ojc specification

When the 9 months is up it will even have a special warreng modification
Jamie-C

14th Nov 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother is 28 and still living at home, has a job as a chef, fuck knows why hes still living at home , I'm not sure I could stick my parents that long!
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jed, bit harsh, its their job to decide who deserves it most.

John, once hes finished laying carpets he'll be gone.
nathy_87

14th Nov 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@Gary, Wasn't on about you personally, but some of the posts above. Don't jump the gun. I had a shit life growing up, (not looking for sympathy), don't live with my mum and hardly talk to my dad, im living at my g.parents and getting everything back together day by day, I'll leave this place and move in with the missus and settle down.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 23 database queries in 0.0122552 seconds