corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hosted Exchange

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hosted Exchange
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Nov 11 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get sbs and you get 5 cals with it anyway
John

18th Nov 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need to learn a lot more about SBS if you want to move onto supporting businesses.
Sam
Premium Member

18th Nov 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you can tell I'm a bit out of touch when it comes to Exchange licensing.

Last time I had to manage an Exchange system was about 12 years ago on a Windows NT 4.0 server (who here remembers NT? ) and I'm pretty sure it had to be bought separately back then.
Sam
Premium Member

18th Nov 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You'll need to learn a lot more about SBS if you want to move onto supporting businesses.

I had to remotely log in to one of my customer's SBS 2011 servers yesterday (set up by someone else) and look into an Exchange problem they had, didn't take me that long to work my way around it so it's probably something I could learn fairly quickly.
John

18th Nov 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is, it's just like a normal server, there are some quirks regarding things like migration though and the way everything should be done using the wizards in SBS but nobody uses them so just wierd things you come across by chance when it's not working.
Sam
Premium Member

18th Nov 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'd rather set things up/fix things manually than use a 'wizard' - strange as it may seem I do like to scrutinise how things work under the bonnet so to speak.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Nov 11 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bpa says wizards for sbs and they work too. so i would always recommend the wizards in a SBS

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll