corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Back to work interviews...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back to work interviews...
gtitim

User status: Offline
25th Nov 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got action planned for having 3 periods of sickness within a year. One was an injury and two were illness. My action plan - dreamt up by HR - not to be sick for 3 months! What a waste of time. I was off as I wasnt well, not because I felt like it - thats what lieu days are for.
taylorboosh

25th Nov 11 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always think that ANYONE on the sick is a faker and needs to man up, I heard some amazing excuses in the call centre
micra_pete
Premium Member

25th Nov 11 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
You are paid to be at work, not off sick.. good on the employer...

Scotty C

25th Nov 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
quote:
You are paid to be at work, not off sick.. good on the employer...

I don't expect to get payed when I'm off sick. but what I don't agree with is a disaplinary after taking 3 separate days off sick!

[Edited on 25-11-2011 by Scotty C]
Ben G

25th Nov 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
your planning sick days? this is whats wrong with the country. Hope you get caught and sacked then ste gets your job

happens everywhere john.

speaking to a bloke in work who said he's going to have next week off work as he hasn't had any sick days this year, even told the supervisor of his intentions. he's done 25 years service and done the same every single year.

mind you, if they want to pay for people being off sick, it's their problem.

we have plenty of people to cover so it doesn't affect anyone.
Ben G

25th Nov 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i always think that ANYONE on the sick is a faker and needs to man up, I heard some amazing excuses in the call centre

had to have 2 weeks off after one of my balls swelled up to the size of a tennis ball couldn't walk or move anywhere incase it twisted.

also have had a month off because i had glandular fever and wasn't allowed to go to work incase i spread it.

not everyone goes off sick because of a cold.
Marc

25th Nov 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I did my apprenticship one of the workers would plan to have 2 weeks off sick every year as part of his holiday entitlement.

Guy where I work now is obese, bordering on grotesque actually. The guy is huge. He comes in on crutches, limping down the office, goes home with headaches etc. He has had so many back to work interviews which resulted in a disciplinary, so the same procedure as the original post.
taylorboosh

25th Nov 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol ben i know of people that get people to ring in and say family are seriously ill
Ben G

25th Nov 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother almost died from meningitis, am i supposed to come into work and handle/be in control of heavy machinery when i can't think straight?
taylorboosh

25th Nov 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No... But they pre arrange this and nobody is ill
Ben G

25th Nov 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some do, but making a sweeping statement saying that ANYONE on the sick is a faker is incorrect.

Phillips_91

25th Nov 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in 6 years of work i've never had a day off for being sick, just man up.
the only time i had off was when i got traped in machinery and the hospital wouldnt let me go back to work, even then i was only off 3 days.
still had to do the back to work interview though as it was in food production so they had to make sure i was healthy enough to be near the food
johnhara1

25th Nov 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They had this at my last job, but i didn't experience it as i wasn't off sick once in 5yrs.

I never get sick.
Fro

25th Nov 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get full paid if we have a serious illness/operation for the length of it.

Random days you get 7 in a rolling year before they start looking at you.

And to sick people being a faker, I HATE having time off as means more work when I'm back in, i only stay home if i physically cannot get in, or if i have something serious that's contagious due to the environmental building controls it has the potential to spread throughout the whole building.

[Edited on 25-11-2011 by Fro]
Cavey

25th Nov 11 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a postie, obviously the 4 weeks before Christmas are horrible. There's a guy there who goes ill at the end of every November for 4 weeks with "dodgy back" or "heart problems"

The same guy managed to get through last Christmas, then in January went off for 6 weeks with "Vertigo" said he was getting dizzy crossing the road etc....so got paid 6 weeks pay for sitting on his arse in his 4th floor flat.

We get 6 months pay for illness which is good for those on 40 hour contract. I'm only on 25 so HAVE to work even when ill to get overtime to get myself a decent wage

The staff there are a joke all say you're entitled to sick pay so should make the most of it, our bit of Derby has 3 people who've been off for at least 6 months with foot pain
JaffaTB

25th Nov 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
your planning sick days? this is whats wrong with the country. Hope you get caught and sacked then ste gets your job

+1

theres people who have had more time off that me, we didn't even used to get paid for sick days til the start of the year, i didnt know til the day we came back after the new year break, so i had the following day off on sick
Rick Draper

25th Nov 11 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have them after long periods of illness or 2 or 3 (I cannot remember which) periods of sickness within a 6 month timescale. It's bollocks in my line of work as you cannot work with certain things, blocked ears, coughs or colds etc.
taylorboosh

26th Nov 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jaffa - its people like you why companys dont give sick pay, then when someone genuinly needs a sick absence they get shafted and no wages
Ben G

26th Nov 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

work for a better company then.
taylorboosh

26th Nov 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who? i get full sick pay

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Back to work interviews... 22 database queries in 0.0135531 seconds