corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car conversion
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So because you cant afford it, your just going to do it illegally? Fuck it, i cant afford a nissan GTR or a Lambo, so im going to just take one instead of paying for it.
Liam-Wilko

2nd Dec 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I point out that with an insurance company everything from a sticker to a engine conversion is classed as a mod so if anyone who is saying declare this and that needs to declare everything other than a sound system as an insurance company's words it makes the car more desirable I use to work in insurance so I know that it dosnt matter what you fo you ment to let them know if ya dint think I'm right phone ya insurance and ask them or check the mods list on line and its on there
JordyCarter

2nd Dec 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might start reporting the billions of undeclared corsas novas etc on ph and auto trader that tell it publicly. Might aswel
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blatantly signed up to take the piss and 90% of this thread fell for it
corsatigra

2nd Dec 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Everyone has to pay a high premium to begin with, but if you get caught its then going to make it even higher, plus the convictions will be on your licence for 5+ year.

What are you paying just now?

im paying £472 a month
John

2nd Dec 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adiohead

2nd Dec 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Steve
Eddx14xe

2nd Dec 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your paying over 5k to insure a 1.2 corsa
Liam-Wilko

2nd Dec 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know some one els that pays around that much
N3CRO

2nd Dec 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
Can I point out that with an insurance company everything from a sticker to a engine conversion is classed as a mod so if anyone who is saying declare this and that needs to declare everything other than a sound system as an insurance company's words it makes the car more desirable I use to work in insurance so I know that it dosnt matter what you fo you ment to let them know if ya dint think I'm right phone ya insurance and ask them or check the mods list on line and its on there

This be true. I have every little thing declared, even if I wasn't sure if I needed to, I told them about it anyways, just in case.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe

might aswell buy a new car with free insurance

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
corsatigra

2nd Dec 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not on a corsa as i dont own the car yet that on my current car
Liam-Wilko

2nd Dec 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:

This be true. I have every little thing declared, even if I wasn't sure if I needed to, I told them about it anyways, just in case.

it is amazing what you have to declair i know you dont have to tell them about sound systems as alot of the time they are hidden away but if you exied something like £500 to £750 then you have to tell them about anything over that value
sc0ott

2nd Dec 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Hi Steve
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C
U absolute bellend I hope u crash and die u worthless piece of shit

For fuck sake Scott, bit excessive, no? You of all people shouldn't be talking about car crashes.
Tom G

2nd Dec 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bunch of pricks on high horses regarding insurance tbh.

I remember a thread about growing weed and whether to report and everyone said they don't find it a problem

Drug dealing - OK
Dodgy Insurance - Get flamed.

good thing the judicial system don't see it like that
mattant

2nd Dec 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe

might aswell buy a new car with free insurance

Peugeot's 'just add fuel' deal is only £180 a month for the car, insurance, servicing, tax and warranty, although I think you have to be over 25 which I doubt he is
LeeM

2nd Dec 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye free insurance deals usually have to be 19 at a minimum and have a reasonably clean licence.
paying that much i doubt he meets any of those conditions
taylorboosh

2nd Dec 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

free insurance was why saxo vtrs were so popular.. fact
AlexW

2nd Dec 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yep, One of the bike insurers (Forget their name) has posted a list of what it considers mods, Due to their change of policy which limits the mods at three.

Stickers was one that came up, Also bar ends and crash bobbings, Caused a stir about something being to protect the bike declared as a mod.

I would put my neck out and say 90% of the cars on the road have a undeclared mod in the eyes of insurers, Even if it was a sticker or floor mats.
Scotty C

2nd Dec 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

For fuck sake Scott, bit excessive, no? You of all people shouldn't be talking about car crashes.

On 2nd thoughts, maybe so
Anty
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Jesus christ, get your log book sorted and tell your insurance company.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Dec 11 at 01:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To answer the question, doesn't matter for MOT purposes.

Depending on the year of the car and engine you are probably not paying enough tax.

Plus it probably isn't insured properly although what is most likely to happen if you need to claim is that the payout will be honoured and claimed back from you.

Contrary to popular consensus in this thread, not declaring an engine conversion is not at all the reason that premiums are high, nor are you uninsured when driving such a converted car.

In every single case I've ever heard of, the policy holder is made to reimburse the insurance company. I've never seen them not pay out, nor load other people's premiums to deal with it.
richc

3rd Dec 11 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Who was it who smashed their Corsa into an artic and had no insurance, due to mods?

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by richc]
alan-g-w

3rd Dec 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking lol ^

Ian, even if this is all real and not a pisstake he doesn't have the car yet.

I genuinely don't see why people get their panties in such a twist about other peoples' business. If they get caught it's literally not going to affect you in any way, shape or form. Maybe your insurance will go up a few pence if you really wanted to cross analise it but inflation would probably cause it to increase more, the people that are clearly getting themselves annoyed need to actually get a grip.

And John, I know you're quite a self righteous guy, but to actually grass Wouldn't have expected that from you tbh

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by alan-g-w]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car conversion 23 database queries in 0.0154512 seconds