corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » map shows every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author map shows every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010
Jambo

User status: Offline
5th Dec 11 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One in my town 23yr old and a 17yr old. On a really random road I can only guess they where driving like buffoons (Residential area)
Brett
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard trying to find a motorcycle incident which didn't result in death
mattant

5th Dec 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Hard trying to find a motorcycle incident which didn't result in death

On the statistics page it says motorcycles count for 1% of road traffic, but 21% of fatalities
mike56gte

5th Dec 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
True about becoming a statistic. My mates death is recorded there - More detailed notes than I expected too.

didnt even realise you could click on them. just found my sisters one. pretty horrible tbh

Dude

It's quite a morbid thing like Knew before I clicked on all of them what it was going to be! Guy who was run down by my school bus still has football tops there 8 years later!

yeah its not nice like.

i see theres a few on the standing stone rd crazy considering its a straight road! where was it the guy was run down by the bus? not just along from your house was it?
Sam
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No RTA related deaths in my road.

On the main road however, a 41 year old man died in 2000 in a motorbike accident (right near an actual motorbike shop in fact).
Sam
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mike56gte - sorry about your sister BTW mate.
Jonny.K

5th Dec 11 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crazy stuff like wierd to think that a good couple of those orange doys were mates
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was surpised just how many road deaths are pedestrians in towns

Guy next to me at work was directly involved in a death a couple of years ago - he was able to pinpoint on the map exactly where it was before we zoomed in far enough to see the orange dot - so pretty accurate from that point of view.

Must be pretty shocking to see a friend/family number as one of those orange dots.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
True about becoming a statistic. My mates death is recorded there - More detailed notes than I expected too.

didnt even realise you could click on them. just found my sisters one. pretty horrible tbh

Dude

It's quite a morbid thing like Knew before I clicked on all of them what it was going to be! Guy who was run down by my school bus still has football tops there 8 years later!

yeah its not nice like.

i see theres a few on the standing stone rd crazy considering its a straight road! where was it the guy was run down by the bus? not just along from your house was it?

Yup, Leven road man. The one on the Standing stane that killed the three youngsters hit our area hard. One of the 16 year olds was my pals wee brother and that utterly ruined her
mike56gte

5th Dec 11 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
mike56gte - sorry about your sister BTW mate.

cheers man.
Jamie-C

5th Dec 11 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16 deaths within about a 3 mile radius of my postcode Thats fucking high!
mike56gte

5th Dec 11 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:

Dude

yeah its not nice like.

Yup, Leven road man. The one on the Standing stane that killed the three youngsters hit our area hard. One of the 16 year olds was my pals wee brother and that utterly ruined her

i could be totally wrong but was it a cavalier that crashed? dont whats making me think that.
richc

5th Dec 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ironically someone got killed this morning on a motorbike in my town. I must of been looking at this at the same time.
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a Vectra, Mike. I don't think the story we were all told was confirmed but he was fannying about behind another car full of their pals and went to overtake, and clipped the back bumper, lost it and went straight into the tree. The other car with the pals stopped and they went back and the engine was in the back seats
mike56gte

5th Dec 11 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
It was a Vectra, Mike. I don't think the story we were all told was confirmed but he was fannying about behind another car full of their pals and went to overtake, and clipped the back bumper, lost it and went straight into the tree. The other car with the pals stopped and they went back and the engine was in the back seats

fuckin hell how long ago was that?

a good mate of mine was killed earlier this year on the st andrews rd from anstruther. he was a passenger when it crashed through a wall a was killed by one of the big boulders off the wall. nicest guy you could ever meet. always seems to be the nicest people who come out these accidents the worst.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm... do you know who the driver was? I actually think he's in jail for that. It's a friend of a friend.
mike56gte

6th Dec 11 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Hmmm... do you know who the driver was? I actually think he's in jail for that. It's a friend of a friend.

daniel brackenbury. hes also a friend off mine. i think he was supposed to be going to jail but he was in hospital for months as he was pretty fucked up in the crash aswell. the car tore in 2 and one of his legs went under the car bent backwards snapping his femur in 2.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » map shows every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010 23 database queries in 0.0131071 seconds