corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track car ideas.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Track car ideas.......
Stu

User status: Offline
6th Dec 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Don't bother with a cage, spend that money on decent tyres, R888s/AO48s etc.

Ill try and get both if I can! I do want a cage ideally just for safety, got a few mouths relying on me for food these days
Rob B

6th Dec 11 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Civic hand's down.

I've had 182 (4 track days) and Civic (7 track days) Civic is superior in every way with a few tweeks.
Adam_B

6th Dec 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough decent tyres are a must imo, especially on the fwd scrabble wagons!
Stu

6th Dec 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Clio 172. End thread.

I've just been offered a X plate with 102k for £900

As said with a £3k limit, 172 cup, upgrade suspension and brakes, exhaust and matched inlets. Perfect track car.

Have you got one Andy? What are they like for reliability (engine will be pretty standard I think, maybe the usual bolt ons)

Im also hoping to get one with a few bits maybe done to save a bit of cash for other things

[Edited on 06-12-2011 by Stu]
Stu

6th Dec 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Was good to see you mate, sorry I didn't come back over later was too busy chasing lap times

172 is a popular choice and probably faster out the box than mine.

Whatever you pick make sure you get in touch if you're thinking of doing a day so we get a better price, loads of people there that we knew all of who booked individually, would be 10% cheaper if we got together.

You too matey! No bother, last hour was hectic for me too. Managed to make my co driver spew all over the inside of his helmet and then all over the inside of the car. He was a write off after that, couldnt even stand up for the rest of the afternoon so had to pack up alone.

I will def be in touch. Theres a group of old mates who I went with this time who have started getting into it so there should be about 5-6 cars with us when we go from now on. Ill drop you my number on FB, Im sure it will have changed since last time I spoke to you!

Eck
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Yeah the Civic is one I didnt think about, nice and reliable I bet too!!

As reliable as a mountain, mate Quicker in a straight line than the Clio's and every bit as capable in the corners. This all sounds outrageously biased but it's from experience
Robin
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would agree with Adam about the cage, not something I'd bother with but if I felt the need like you do, I'd settle for a half cage, just something to stop the roof collapsing if you roll.
Ojc

6th Dec 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another shout for Clio, if you have money to spend on them to replace usual worn parts they are cracking value for money right now.
daymoon
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suzuki swift gti
Baskey

6th Dec 11 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got a ph2 172 sat arround doing not alot. Bit rough round the edges but engine/box is tight plus iv owned it 6 years. 1k to drive it away
Stu

6th Dec 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
Iv got a ph2 172 sat arround doing not alot. Bit rough round the edges but engine/box is tight plus iv owned it 6 years. 1k to drive it away

Will be a few weeks before I buy it but Ill give you a shout if you still have it when I come to buy
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't ther some 200sx's knocking around that are track ready for 2-3k or am I dreaming?
Stu

6th Dec 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't ther some 200sx's knocking around that are track ready for 2-3k or am I dreaming?

Ill be honest matey, I loved my old 200sx but I'm well out of practice! I don't know if Id enjoy one on track at the moment, need something a bit more predictable at the moment
AndyCorsaSport

6th Dec 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Clio 172. End thread.

I've just been offered a X plate with 102k for £900

As said with a £3k limit, 172 cup, upgrade suspension and brakes, exhaust and matched inlets. Perfect track car.

Have you got one Andy? What are they like for reliability (engine will be pretty standard I think, maybe the usual bolt ons)

Im also hoping to get one with a few bits maybe done to save a bit of cash for other things

[Edited on 06-12-2011 by Stu]

Havent any more, I had a 182 (in my pic <<<<

Hammered the fuck out of it at Cadwell, was amazing!! Only mod was k&n panel filter and Eibach springs.

As you get told on track days, to let past the cars that are faster on the corners, even if they arent as fast on the straights, my mate in his 02 WRX impreza had to let me past, also a classic scoob. And a 182 that was all stripped. Passed a few more too, was on Michelin Pilot Exalto's (as they leave the factory) handled superbly!!

Ill deffinitly be getting another one shortly me thinks.
Alex_Rally

6th Dec 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are mr2s like or bmw 328s ???
antnee

6th Dec 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
suzuki swift gti

Why go for something, older, rarer, slower and harder to get parts for than a 106 or clio?
antnee

6th Dec 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
what are mr2s like or bmw 328s ???

MR2's work their tyres and brakes very hard, much more than a the other cars mentioned
broster
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i had 3k id go for a tatty 172 then put some some art coil overs on it and 4 pots, job done, i had this combo on my old 172 cup, with a few performance mods and it was cracking! id do another if i wanted a track car!
AndyCorsaSport

6th Dec 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
suzuki swift gti

Why go for something, older, rarer, slower and harder to get parts for than a 106 or clio?

You missed out completly shite
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm all the suggestions so far are good

I had a VTS
Best handling car I have owned imo. Took various people out in it when it was on semi slicks and it could hold its own against most things. 140bhp too with just a manifold and breathing mods
Only thing going against it was it liked to eat driveshafts (cv's) and the torsion bar didnt last long with track abuse and semi slick tyres

(but it had over 100k on so was worn anyway)

if you stripped and caged mine it would have been a perfect track toy. Well within your budget too
quaife diff, bilstien suspension good brakes etc etc
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=585201

172 I am really liking at the moment would probably go for one if I got a track car again as I would prefer that suspension setup etc

Civic ive never driven on track but only heard good things about them and as a current honda owner they are bullet proof

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
dava.

6th Dec 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

megane 225?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3294207.htm

tad over what your looking to spend mind you but prob more out there at a decent price,
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck off 225's are that cheap now

Bit big/new/heavy for a part time track toy though

Stu

6th Dec 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saxo looks mint!!! Decesions, decesions!!!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
6th Dec 11 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't do what I do, plan to buy a car, try it, move it on, try another etc., then get so far in to doing up that one that I've kept it
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Saxo looks mint!!! Decesions, decesions!!!

Shame it got scrapped in the end

Can get a good VTS for about a 1000, then it wont take much to get it ready for some track action. Definatly the cheapest option and they are very easy to work on

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track car ideas....... 23 database queries in 0.0183499 seconds